just curious how old you geeks are...!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

what's the average geeky age?

• under 20

Votes: 32 3.8%
  • in your 20's

Votes: 336 39.7%
  • in your 30's

Votes: 352 41.6%
  • in your 40's

Votes: 112 13.2%
  • in your 50's

Votes: 14 1.7%
  • over 60

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
32 in August, the years just fly by but still feel like I'm 25, oh and I have just learned how not to be scared of my mum at my age can you believe it.

Im 40 in september, although no bothered, after looking after two babies for the last 3 years I feel about 99!!!

Hubby taking me to vegas to celebrate for a week minus children so well worth being the big 40

I was 37 may gone...feeling 97 at the moment tho lol

I'm 23 ...................................................stone :biggrin:

Jaffacake said:
Hi, Im 34! :eek:

Still feel and act like a kid though! I still hide from my hubby/kids/work colleagues and jump out barking.....PMSL!! (thats how come i'm 'barking mad geek' lol) I cant stop giggling thinking about it now!! lol. Its a really loud bark too, like a big rottweiller (sp?) or something and they normally jump really well!! :twisted: My hubby comes home from work and if im not visible he says 'ok....where are you hiding??' lol

OMG i sound mad!! :D

sounds like this is familiar. me and my hubby do this all the time. tell u this, once my hubby nearly gave a heart attach to an old lady. That day, I finished work late, and I usually get home about 5ish, and that day i got home about 6ish. So around 5, he saw a silver car polled in the car park of our appartments, then he went to hide in the corner of the staircase, thought was me, but...that wasnt me! was an old lady, he was barking at her!!! I still cant stop laughing about this. pmsl:biggrin:

I will soon oh too soon be hitting my Big 50 (August 18th to be precise) and I have just finished my NVQ Level 2 in nail services, and been accepted onto Level 3 course. I must be slow at growing up as they say Life begins at 40 in my case it is 50

Im 45 and my hubby says he is 40/12 hee hee

Im 34 feel still about 18-20 then look in the mirror and think oh s..t whats happened!!! My 3 kids keep me young but my hubby keeps me younger!!! Untill he gets on me pip. lol x

I'm 27. 28 in November. I havent any kids yet. Only had 2 serious relationships, Been engaged once, but it wasnt right. He was violent anyway. Glad I got rid and didnt have any kids to tie him to me.... that would have been awful!! Thank the Lord! (phew)

I still feel 23 in a way. I wasted 5 years of my life with that 'thing' and now am happier than I have ever been in my whole life.
Moved house so many times and lived all over too..

Iver Heath, Bucks. - early years
Watford, Herts. - Growing up
Ruislip, Middlesex - teens (with Dad)
Luton, Beds - 18-20 (first rented place of my own)
Waterford, Ireland -20-21 (with grandparents)
Bolton, Lancs -21-26 (bought my first house)
Spalding, Lincs - NOW and settling hopefully!!

Some people stay in the same town their whole lives!!!
you could say I've been around!! LOL not like that! LOL:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:Love: :) Many many moons ago, I took a cosmetology course (I was 18) I finished the course just as Nail enhancements were becoming popular... So we learned Manicures and Pedicures along with make-up application etc. ( we were required to also learn the chemistry of what went into the products ie: lipsticks etc..)
So..... many years later at the tender age of 43 I took a 2 month course for nail enhancements... I am now 49 years old!!! I wish that I would have done it a lot sooner, as I just love it..
My husband is starting to talk about retiring and I am just revving up to go!!!

Sincerely;
Janet
the nail fairy

Hi I'm 35 with 2 children. one 9mth and the other 13. I'm in a serious relationship, Moved from Kent 2 Manchester for this man, been here for 4yrs trying 2 meet new friends of my own, so thats why i thought nails would be a good ice breaker.xxx :hug:

41 in 13 days ARGH!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Hi All,

I'm in my thirty's and was in a deadpan serious job until I discovered nails:)
The way I see it, you're never too old to learn something new and have a complete career change, and I'm really enjoying the challenge of making myself a fairly good nail tech (lol I hope, but all will be revealed when I get some customers!)

Cuttsy:green:

I am 23. And feel like I'm 19.:smack:

Sparklepink said:
im 25... i dont really wanna get any older just yet... im happy at 25 and 26 is so much nearer to 30!!...lol

Jess
xox

omg.... just looked back at what i posted a few yrs ago.... im 27 now:eek:
altho i reckon i could just lie and tell everyone i was still 24 or something...whos gonna question it.... me and my baby face.....lolol

Hiya,

I'm 28.....although they do say you're only as old as the man you are feeling:Grope: . Oh poo.....that makes me 35!:Scared:
Need to find a younger model!:wink2:
K x

That quote suits me fine. I'm 33 and my husband of four years on August 10th is 26!!

im just 24, married, no kids yet!!, and very happy.

hiya i am in my 20's - 21 to be exact. its true what people say about this age - id like to be 21 forever. i like being 21. unfortunately its my birthday next month so that aint gonna happen!! :cry: x

Well that has totally depressed me. AT 53 I AM THE OLDEST ONE ! Trouble is I just done think like a 53 year old, or even feel like I am anywhere near that age.......must be being married to a toy-boy.... he keeps me young !

Was 50 when I first trained as a Tech and all the girls in the class were young 20-30 somethings. We have all kept in touch and it turns out I am the only one who is still doing nails.......odd eh. Can't keep us old uns, down.

Thank you thank you thank yooooooooooooooooou

I am half way thru my foundation course and suffering from a crisis of confidence, you know the one, where you think it would be better to start doing nails on pigs trotters.

Everybody says oh you are doing fine but I just keep thinking that at 50 I am too old to start.

It may still be the case but at least I am not the only one who has done it !!!:)

Thank you thank you thank yooooooooooooooooou

I am half way thru my foundation course and suffering from a crisis of confidence, you know the one, where you think it would be better to start doing nails on pigs trotters.

Everybody says oh you are doing fine but I just keep thinking that at 50 I am too old to start.

It may still be the case but at least I am not the only one who has done it !!!:)

I was older than you by quite a bit when I started to learn nails, in fact I had started school a few years before you were born!!!!:eek: ....and 2.5 years down the line I am still going strong and ready to take my CND Masters qualification in all their systems, so dont worry about age as I have said before your age and date of birth are just numbers on a piece of paper. I am sure you will be fine so head down and you will get there, just decide in your mind that you WILL do it and do it well.:) :hug:

Latest posts

Back