Just Got back from GMEX

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heavenly_Nails

Reaction score
Well ive just got back from GMEX, I was very impressed with Creative Stand with buy one get one free training courses, well booked on 2, would have booked more but could'nt afford to pay out in one go.

Waxing kit was selling fast got mine now i can wax me legs(as the other one packed up on)

Like i said very impressed

was the offer just for Gmex- creative buy one get one free training?

i came away very disapointed with the show this year.
and all i bought was powders (pink/white) and scrubfresh for work.:cry:

it seems more like a spray tan show than anything else. only stayed 1 1/2 hours and came home.

had a great night out last night tho with judy,jac,tricky,jess, and ant

Yeah it was, they should do it more often

Yeah it was, they should do it more often
IF I'D KNOWN, I WOULD HAVE GONE, NEED TO BOOK MY DAUGHTER ON CREATIVE COURSES, NEVER MIND...THATS HOW IT GOES SOME TIMES.

Well ive just got back from GMEX, I was very impressed with Creative Stand with buy one get one free training courses, well booked on 2, would have booked more but could'nt afford to pay out in one go.

Waxing kit was selling fast got mine now i can wax me legs(as the other one packed up on)

Like i said very impressed

What ?!!! I missed that, where was that advertised ?

What ?!!! I missed that, where was that advertised ?

They were giving out leaflets about the "The buy one get one free courses" at the Creative stand.

I thought it was a really good offer, but it only applied to the Leeds and Manchester Academies. The "free" course is only available on classes up to the value of £95 + Vat.

I think it's a bit unfair that all the good offers and classes i.e Monday Mentoring etc. are always held at Leeds. Why can't we have some classes and offers like that in the Midlands ????

Marlise

Must of missed that then as i didn't get any hand outs :cry:

Wouldn't of been able to do it anyway if in leeds/manchester, id of thought Birmingham would have been included as its a central location, oh well at least i didn't have the temptation to spend more :)

the guy i got never offered me anything either ...but as i was stood in the creative queue for about half an hour !!!! i had a good nosey round and spotted the feller on the end till handing them out so i picked one up on my way past
i was gutted i didnt have enough money ..coz i well would have booked there and then if i did !

and while i was stood in the queue ..i am SURE i saw joanne walk past ...but i didnt think it was a good idea to shout " oi joanne ya geek is that you !!!" :green:

i saw the other oil next to the solar oil but didnt fancy it ,
i told my mate to buy the solar oil for her nails ,(gutted i never got any ) two of them have been badly affected by excema ,,, and she told me about 20 minutes ago ,her nails look great already :eek:

Have to say I agree with Glynis there was a lot of tanning stalls & I noticed some from last year re nails & beauty hadn't turned up this year, Shame really. I think they should do another show this end so that we have one every 6mths instead of once a year!! The vat free at NSI was fab!!!
Em got my Technailcolor kit!!! :) Also was looking at getting a "Tooth Fairy" kit but couldn't afford it then & there so might save & get it soon!!!

i was gunna pm you re the technail colour kit hun .,when i finished getting through all the unread posts lol ...i remeber our chat
glad you got it ,i was gunna get a few of the big tubs as they were on offer ...but i was good and didnt as they were a "want " buy ..not a "need" buy..
let me know how you get on with it love :hug:

They were giving out leaflets about the "The buy one get one free courses" at the Creative stand.

I thought it was a really good offer, but it only applied to the Leeds and Manchester Academies. The "free" course is only available on classes up to the value of £95 + Vat.

I think it's a bit unfair that all the good offers and classes i.e Monday Mentoring etc. are always held at Leeds. Why can't we have some classes and offers like that in the Midlands ????

Marlise
HEAR HEAR, BRING IT ON TO THE MIDLANDS! ITS NOT FAIR- LEEDS IS TOO FAR FOR US TO TRAVEL.

Ahem! - too far to travel Cheryl :hug: think yourself lucky.
Do you know how far Leeds is for us Scotish Geeks? - I am 4 hour north of Glasgow/ Edinburgh you could then add at least another 3 hours to get to Leeds. 14 hour round trip for me then!:eek:

HEAR HEAR, BRING IT ON TO THE MIDLANDS! ITS NOT FAIR- LEEDS IS TOO FAR FOR US TO TRAVEL.

I just feel that Birmingham is always treated as the "ugly stepsister". Nothing ever happens here.

Not only is Leeds far to travel to, if you take the train, it costs you a fortune. So by the time you've paid for your course, your traveling costs and the time it takes you to travel to and from Leeds, it really isn't worth it.

We've got our very own fabulous Marco Benito on our door step as well as Ellisons. Why don't they do more things here ???

Do you know how far Leeds is for us Scotish Geeks? - I am 4 hour north of Glasgow/ Edinburgh you could then add at least another 3 hours to get to Leeds. 14 hour round trip for me then!:eek:

I totally hear what you are saying. They should do more for Scottish geeks as well :hug:

Marlise

sorry girls...I feel I need to comment on the Scottish CNA here...
We did just hold 1 of the best Pre Masters Events...
42 Scottish Nail Tech's attended .....it was presented by the one and only Nail Geek himself Mr Samuel Sweet....and I am sure that there was an offer that if you booked 2 of your other Masters classes you got the last one free..
So the Scottish Academy does do it's best for all our Tech's.....:hug:

Sorry I missed Gmex....although the reviews on this thread do seem a bit mixed.....

I didn't think g-mex was as good as last year. i agree about all the tanning stands.
at last years show there were loads of stands offering cases so this year i had saved some money up to buy one and was really disappointed that hardly anyone was stocking them. I did get one in the end but there weren't much choice like there was last year.
all the stands near the front of the hall seemed bigger than lastyear therefore there wheren't as many smaller ones.

i came away very disapointed with the show this year.
and all i bought was powders (pink/white) and scrubfresh for work.:cry:

it seems more like a spray tan show than anything else. only stayed 1 1/2 hours and came home.

had a great night out last night tho with judy,jac,tricky,jess, and ant

I bought 3 varnishes, how sad is that? Mind you, I'm saving my money for when I'm at Ez Flow this week.
Glad you had a good night G, we had a brill night, only just recovered though:) xxx

I bought 3 varnishes, how sad is that? Mind you, I'm saving my money for when I'm at Ez Flow this week.
Glad you had a good night G, we had a brill night, only just recovered though:) xxx
great night out, really enjoyed it, have to thank you for that one Judy, oh and the tourist bit, was I the only sober one though, boring moo that I am.

Well done to all the winners especially Glo:hug:

blimey Karol,:eek: never knew how far up top you were hun!! :smack: xx

Latest posts

Back