Just had car accident

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steph41

Reaction score
I was driving in my works vehicle getting of the M6 and on the slip road a man had stopped not sure why so I stopped as had no other choice with cars either side of me (very busy junction) the car in front decided to reverse then the next thing I know I was hit behind and that pushed me into the car I front 😢

The worst of it is the man that hit me from behind then drove off !!!!! Why do people do that ? He has caused real damage to the vehicle. I have done the reporting to police etc but just wanted to have a rant !!!!

He drove off because his insurance would have to pay out for all the damage to all vehicles involved.

Sad fact is that the last car in a multi pile up pays out for everything.

Hope you are alright. Did you manage to get the Reg number of the car that drove off by any chance?

If they catch the driver now they will also be done for leaving the scene of an accident.

Hopefully the spineless git will be identified by CCTV.

No he drove off that fast it was a bit of blur really. Yes just the bruising you get from your seatbelt and a bit of a stiff neck. The police did say its very common that people just drive away !!!

I'm not sure what they have on the slip road but it would be nice if they found him. I'm glad it was me not some young or old driver !!!

I was on my way home to get changed to go and meet a fellow geek in the hope I will be renting a space !!! I thought to myself that sounds terrible as an excuse but she was lovely and we are meeting Thursday instead !!!! 😄

hope u are ok hun, if the police dont find that guy then hopefully karma will ;-) big hugs xx

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

Ah thank you ladies. That's why I love this site you always get support when you need it x

You poor love! These things can really shake you up, so i hope you're ok alongside being a little battered and bruised.

The dirty rascal! Some people have no common decency. I hope he gets caught xx

What a complete $h!t driving off like that. I wonder if he had any insurance at all?

Glad to hear you weren't more seriously harmed, although what happened was bad enough.

No he drove off that fast it was a bit of blur really. Yes just the bruising you get from your seatbelt and a bit of a stiff neck. The police did say its very common that people just drive away !!!

I'm not sure what they have on the slip road but it would be nice if they found him. I'm glad it was me not some young or old driver !!!

I was on my way home to get changed to go and meet a fellow geek in the hope I will be renting a space !!! I thought to myself that sounds terrible as an excuse but she was lovely and we are meeting Thursday instead !!!! 😄
Aww no it is not good news that you don't have any details off the car. If the police can't find that car, the person you hit will claim off you and instead of you then claiming all of that cost, plus your costs from the last car you will end up footing the bill.
Really hope the police can find that car. :Love::Love: xxx

Yes it was a bit of a shock !!!! Yes the police were not very hopeful, it's through fleet insurance so yes the company I work for have to deal with the cost but I do remember the guy that had stopped in front of me had some kind of plaster thing on his foot ? It was like the black boot you have to protect it. All he kept saying was I'm really sorry it just stopped and its an automatic and my company rented it for me ..... Was a bit odd

Oh no I hope your ok.
I had an accident 2 years ago. (A 40 foot wagon reversed into me whilst i was parked up) I was luckily not hurt too much but it shakes you up. Take it easy for the next few days xx

Hope you're OK; it's a real shock, isn't it?

Got hit once in the rear when I'd stopped at red light. I waved to the culprit to pull in after we had cleared the lights and he zoomed off. When I reported it to the police they said " How do we know you didn't reverse into him?"

Yes, I make a habit of doing that! Hope you are taken more seriously. xx

Thank you all for your support and care. I am taking a couple of days of even though my boss is unhappy about that ...... My reply was "unlucky"

All jokes aside I'm lucky it is just a few bruises etc and my sympathy to anyone it's happened to it really is a shocker

Thank you everyone that's taken the time to answer I feel much better now and will update If the vile man is ever found !!!!!!

Steph x

Latest posts

Back