Just need to rant about Day Spa's

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fozzyo

Reaction score
We have searched the length and breadth of the country for a good day Spa and all the really nice ones have this obsession that underwear or disposable underwear must be worn for a massage and facial.

Really annoys me ... i like my massages naked under the towel, I just find it more comfortable and it means that some of the most important muscles (glutes) can be massaged.

I think the thing I find most frustrating is ... i can't see or understand the reasoning behind it.

{Rant over}

Sorry about that, normal service now resumes.

Mat xx

We have searched the length and breadth of the country for a good day Spa and all the really nice ones have this obsession that underwear or disposable underwear must be worn for a massage and facial.

Really annoys me ... i like my massages naked under the towel, I just find it more comfortable and it means that some of the most important muscles (glutes) can be massaged.

I think the thing I find most frustrating is ... i can't see or understand the reasoning behind it.

{Rant over}

Mat xx

Know you understand why so many people worry.
Why would you take your knickers off for a facial and massage...or whatever you wear??
What EXACTLY does having no underwear on do??
Seriously? I'm asking this in all honesty.

I'm on to you btw:)

Sorry but I have to agree with the spas. As a therapist we are there to rid the body of toxins, get rid of tension and ease aching muscles. Whats the problem with a thong or pants????
The glutes can still be massaged with a thong on!
Its really annoying when clients ask about this, would you ask a doctor if you could be naked whilst they examine you because YOU preferred it?!
Why should we have to look at peoples bits when turning you over or repositioning a limb etc.
Spa's put these restrictions in place to remain professional, avoid any embarressment and to be hygenic, maybe you should try a massage parlour where you can be as naked as you like under the towel....

This isn't so much to do with 'to wear or not to waer a thong whilst having a a massage'... but, years ago I stayed at Ragdale Hall with Sam for a long weekend (really was about 8 years ago)... anyway, I was having a massage and all was well..... until, she massaged my boobs :eek::lol:.

Now the thing is, if I'd known she was going to do it I might have been more prepared :rolleyes:, but I was so shocked becasue I wasn't expecting it, that a jumped :irked: and felt basically uncomforable for the rest of the treatment.

I have had numerous massages and never except for that one time, has anyone EVER massaged the sweet-boobalas!!

Is this normal... asking the Fozzyo who is happy to get the old kit off!! Has anyone had this or does one of the professionals do this??? ANSWER ME and make me feel better! :idea:

Ha Ha - i've never had this Sam! I have to say though I recently had a full body wrap in Jamaica which ended with a massage and the whole time I was lying there I was thinking will they won't they. Just through my own insecurities of being completely starkers underneath.

Maybe you've just got irresistible boobs!

they prob just wanted a feel sam! haha. :green:

should add, having your pectoral muscles massaged is really nice. I was taught to do it kind of by the underarm / top of the boob.

{Rant over}

Mat xx

Well Mat i'm going to have to disagree with you on this one .
Glutes can still be massaged perfectly well with underwear on.

Horses for courses and all that:lol:.

I cant see the reasoning behind not wearing underwear.

I have turned down clients who want a naked massage. I just cant see the point in being naked.

I have been asked to do a massage without a towel:eek: before now. Thats a diferent thing altogether i know.

I would not massage a naked person. I believe its unethical. I 'm not sure if thats the right word and will probably get jumped on for saying it but thats my policy no underwear=no massage.

I agree with Mrs Geeg about the bazukas too!

There is a time and a place for naked massage and its not our job as professionals to be put in an embarassing position such as this. Although I do understand there are some peeps who prefer it. But its not for me.

But thats just my opinion .

I am not a prude by the way, far from it, but i am a professional.and do abide by a code of ethics.

I am sounding like a fuddy duddy now but i'm so not and anyone who knows me well knows i'm not.

Good thread by the way.

Normal service resumed :lol:
Elaine xx:hug:

Last edited:
This isn't so much to do with 'to wear or not to waer a thong whilst having a a massage'... but, years ago I stayed at Ragdale Hall with Sam for a long weekend (really was about 8 years ago)... anyway, I was having a massage and all was well..... until, she massaged my boobs :eek::lol:.

Now the thing is, if I'd known she was going to do it I might have been more prepared :rolleyes:, but I was so shocked becasue I wasn't expecting it, that a jumped :irked: and felt basically uncomforable for the rest of the treatment.

I have had numerous massages and never except for that one time, has anyone EVER massaged the sweet-boobalas!!

Is this normal... asking the Fozzyo who is happy to get the old kit off!! Has anyone had this or does one of the professionals do this??? ANSWER ME and make me feel better! :idea:

Yeah - I had the same - was having a body wrap and was half asleep when she popped my towel down and started massaging my boobs :eek:
It was just really unexpected! I have had a bust treatment before and not worried about someone seeing or applying product to my chest, but I wasnt expecting a full on boob massage in the middle of a wrap treatment:lol:
I would rather have had a bit more time on my back to be honest.
I felt a bit uncomfortable for the rest of the treatment as well. I guess i think its courtesy to mention it either at the beginning or during the treatment as some clients will not be expecting it and some clients would be very unhappy at having this done.

u know what, i dont care wether the clients got pants on or not to be honest.

they would probs be covered in a towel anyway. It's like, i always take my trousers off to have a facial... cuz its more comfy.

also, some people dont wear underwear.

i dont do male massage anyway, i try and avoid most massage to be honest lol. but i wouldnt care if one of my clients wanted to go starkers. Ive done it for tans before so why not.

I prefer to massage people naked - I find it easier than working around clothing. A lot of clients prefer it. Also, a lot of clients don't wear underwear anyway. When you tell them to get undressed they'll say 'I don't have any underwear on, is that o'k?'.

As for the boob thing - I've never massaged boobs but was asked once why I don't. With men it's not a problem, I do a full pec massage. With women, I massage the top of the pecs up to where the boob starts (if you get what I mean).

I Have Just Spent The Last Two Months In Thailand And Had A Full Body Massage Everyday, I Kept My Briefs On And This Was No Problem, They Did Massage My Breasts, The Towel Was Pulled Down And They Massaged Around The Area Fully (neaver Touch The Small Bits)

This Is The Norm In Asia And People Do Not Have A Problem But In The Uk We Are A Little Shy About This So Not Many Therapists Are Comfortable Doing Breasts.

They Asked My Husband To Remove His Shorts Though And He Was Not Having Any Of It....

I have been a massage therapist for 14 years and I have never massaged boobs .
I have had update training and training for different types of massage over the years and never been taught to massage boobs .
My clients sometimes do not wear a bra but they are still covered up I never see their boobs .
For insurance and licencing purposes clients must wear their nickers or shorts or those supplied by the therapist .
This is here in the UK laws may be different in other countries.

Ruby x

Last edited:
Well Mat i'm going to have to disagree with you on this one .
Glutes can still be massaged perfectly well with underwear on.

Horses for courses and all that:lol:.

I cant see the reasoning behind not wearing underwear.

I have turned down clients who want a naked massage. I just cant see the point in being naked.

I have been asked to do a massage without a towel:eek: before now. Thats a diferent thing altogether i know.

I would not massage a naked person. I believe its unethical. I 'm not sure if thats the right word and will probably get jumped on for saying it but thats my policy no underwear=no massage.

I agree with Mrs Geeg about the bazukas too!

There is a time and a place for naked massage and its not our job as professionals to be put in an embarassing position such as this. Although I do understand there are some peeps who prefer it. But its not for me.

But thats just my opinion .

I am not a prude by the way, far from it, but i am a professional.and do abide by a code of ethics.

I am sounding like a fuddy duddy now but i'm so not and anyone who knows me well knows i'm not.

Good thread by the way.

Normal service resumed :lol:
Elaine xx:hug:

you are completely right it is the code of ethics that we are adhering to
also due to licencing laws we are not allowed to massage a person with no pants on .
We also have to register with the police in order to perform massage in a salon otherwise we could be classed as a brothel .
We also have to protect ourselves as well as the client .

Ruby x

Certain product ranges include breast massage with their body treatments (usually the french ones in my experience) I will never forget when I did my Clarins body training and the trainer told us we were going to be practicing breast massage !!!! I nearly died, I felt sorry for the girl that was being the demo as we all had to stand round and watch :eek::eek: Its actually quite nice to have as a treatment when you've relaxed & been pre-warned !!!

I will try and find a picture of a product that clarins sell, it is the strangest thing ive ever seen, basically you hold this cup thing over your chest hook it up to the bath taps then spray then with cold water, i don't think they sell many in the UK though !!!

On the subject of underwear in massage treatments then i would refuse to do the client if they weren't wearing any, male or female. At college & spas ive worked up we weren't allowed to massage any further than the middle of the thigh on men anyway.

Just to add when doing body wraps or scrubs I always include chest with application of product but don't massage (unless it is specific to the training, eg clarins treatment)

Last edited:
When I did my Indonesian massage training, we had to massage the breasts. I felt very uncomfortable about it, but had to do it for the training, and have never done it since I qualified.

Also when I did some training with Bharti Vyas, she insisted that we only wore thongs, and had to have the towel to our waist so that our boobies were on display.

When I recently went for a chocolate wrap, I was given a modesty towel for my chest, and was just relaxing into the treatment, and the young girl whipped the towel away and started massaging warm chocolate into my breasts (not at all erotic and put me off chocolate for a while!)

When I do a body wrap I give the clients disposable bra and thongs.

boobies dont bother me - I have to deal with them if doing st tropez classic lotion application! but! on my very first facial on a paying client at college, the lady took EVERYTHING off! I didnt know where to put myself! :eek:

the young girl whipped the towel away and started massaging warm chocolate into my breasts (not at all erotic and put me off chocolate for a while!)

quote]

:lol::lol: dont know why but really made me laugh:eek:

Latest posts

Back