Juvenile Arthritis and Methotrexate

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dol

Reaction score
Today my 9 year old daughter was diagnosed with Juvenile Arthritis.
I first noticed she had a problem with her feet in the middle of January.

March 7th she was admitted to the local hospital with fluid on her hip. It has taken me a month of hounding doctors and hospitals and finally bursting into tears at the Emergency Dept on Tuesday that got her a rheumatologist appointment this morning!

She has started on Cortisone and Anti Inflammatory liquid today and starts on Methotrexate tomorrow.

The idea of Methotrexate scares me silly, even knowing it will help.

Do any of you lovely Geeks have any tips/remedies/holistic/alternative ideas to help my little girl?

My daughter has fluid on her hip ! Her left leg is about 5 cm longer than the right , she is hobbling at the mo and can't really walk too well , they think she may have perthes disease where, her hip ball could come out socket , we will find out in 3 weeks as she has another x ray I know how you feel it's such a worry as they are so young still x

My daughter has fluid on her hip ! Her left leg is about 5 cm longer than the right , she is hobbling at the mo and can't really walk too well , they think she may have perthes disease where, her hip ball could come out socket , we will find out in 3 weeks as she has another x ray I know how you feel it's such a worry as they are so young still x

The poor little thing! I hope they get her sorted out soon! You must be beside yourself with worry too :/
What treatment will they put in place for your daughter?

It seems that I haven't stopped worrying for weeks :(

She doesn't like the taste of her meds, and cries and cries. I try to keep calm but in my head I'm thinking 'it could've been much worse!'

No meds for us either leg braces or surgery , she's on bed rest for 3 weeks which isn't that easy for a 6 year old , it's either rest at home or hospital admission and traction on the leg so she can't move , I do know how you feel as they have the rest of their lives ahead and their Mobility could be seriously affected , poor little girls x

Get a level 1 reiki attunement so that you can give her healing anytime it really does help both pain and mentally to cope.
Apple cider vinegar, honey and cinnamon are all supposed to help loads too but not tried that personally but I swear by reiki it gave me my life back when I was struggling badly with fibromyalgia anf hyper mobility syndrome xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Get a level 1 reiki attunement so that you can give her healing anytime it really does help both pain and mentally to cope.
Apple cider vinegar, honey and cinnamon are all supposed to help loads too but not tried that personally but I swear by reiki it gave me my life back when I was struggling badly with fibromyalgia anf hyper mobility syndrome xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek
What exactly does Reiki level 1 entail? I've no experience with reiki at all

Reiki is a form of energy healing and the course is usually done in a day or a two. Overall you learn the history and the basics of what Reiki is all about like on any other course but the actual attunement part is the bit where you have a ceremony/ritual/initiation depending on who you train with. It is like a meditation for you here you sit quietly with your hands in certain positions while the Reiki master does the attunement and this is what connects you to the Reiki source. The rest of the time is spent teaching you how to get the energy flowing and hand positions to use. It can be a very beautiful and life changing experience if done by the right person for you.

Reiki can be a simple treatment or it can be a whole way of life depending on what you want from it and how much you are willing to use it. It is very easy to learn, even a child would be capable but to be good at it you have to work on yourself lots as well as others. If you would like to know more feel free to send me a message with any questions.

I am a Reiki master now and as I mentioned in the previous post it really did save me. Initially I only wanted to do the level 1 which is for self healing and friends and family just to "fix" myself after doctors kept giving up on me and just giving me more and stronger painkillers all the time but it worked so well I carried on to do my level 2 which is practitioner and eventually did my level 3 which is Master level ie you can initiate others into the way of Reiki. Then when my health was so greatly improved rather than returning to accounts which I had been forced to quit because of health reasons I did my holistics training :D

My daughter was 5yrs old when she was diagnosed....that was 12yrs ago!!! She had Systemic Onset & was very ill for a long time......she is now a vibrant fabulous 17yr old doing hair & media make up at college!!! She has been on Methotrexate for about 10yrs now & has also been taking Etenercept for about 5yrs. This is a terrible illness & is very painful to see your lovely little girl suffering on a daily basis.....things have come a long way with research etc since she was diagnosed. She still has her bad days but doesnt let Arthritis define her.... this has helped her keep a very mature attitude towards her illness. I wish you & your daughter all the best & hope her symptoms are controlled very soon. xxx

Latest posts

Back