Sensitive tot...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
she starts school.Tuesday. i can't wait. feel more positive now. she's beautiful. u know everyone thinks their own kids are beautiful but.she is. i dont care what she looks like but i dont want her feeling ugly cos of it x

Sent from my GT-S5670 using SalonGeek

Aww, best of luck for her first day xxx

Princess - I am sure that with you to guide her and enforce that she is no different to anybody else then she will never feel ugly or anything less than perfect. We each teac our kids so many qualities and the most important thing a mother can ever teach her daughters, IMO, is that beauty is not something that is visible to the eye but something that the heart and soul feel from a person :D

I am really glad they have sorted her hearing aid out finally for you, it must be difficult dealing with the stress of waiting and stuff :(

H - how has the little man been? Hope he is good :D

Give them both a mahoosive snuggle off me xxx

That's lovely... Fluff has been doing ok as it goes. Was at a wedding today with loud kids, party poppers, loud music and he loved it.

Strange boy!

He did his first session at a nursery yesterday and they said he acted like he'd always been there. No tears, nothing.

Keep thread going though, nice to have some parenting advice xxx

I've just bought us a make over and photo shoot. she will love it. just me and Erin. its goin to be a surprise.

they are making her an aid in pink with glitter and a picture of sleeping beauty inside the mould x hopefully she will be happy with it as best she can. anyone pokes fun at her and they will have me to deal with. and pink hair and tattoos scares children so watch out lol. Im sure she will be fine xxx glad.fluff is doing better.hun xxx

Sat in casualty... Ant climbed out of cot and hit his head on bedside cabinet... So stressed! he seems ok but I want him checked properly just in case x

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

Oh hun hope he is okay xxxx

My daughter went through the same thing a few years ago, had her hearing checked and that was all fine, we then got referred to a family support worker who came and had a chat with Olivia about things she is afraid of, I did think in the back of my mind that it was a total waste of time but i was wrong, the support worker went to her school once a week and did some work with her, for example listening to sounds on the computer, walking around the school listening to things like the photocopier and so on, she also got her a book with dvd on aeroplane sounds as that was Olivia's biggest fear, it took a few months but it really helped and now its very rare that a noise will frighten her xx

Sat in casualty... Ant climbed out of cot and hit his head on bedside cabinet... So stressed! he seems ok but I want him checked properly just in case x

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

Hope all is ok hun xxx

Ant is much better today and second night in big bed and he's been great x

Ant has got over his fear of dogs, not good with fireworks though. We are all ill.

Ant was sick early hours of Tues, I caught it off him yesterday and now Mark's got it.

My house is Quarantine for the next 48 hours :-(

Hope you're all better soon! xxx
ps they were very BIG fireworks!

Hi my daughter was very simelar I was told by health professionals to not pander to the behaviour rather distract instead as in start to play with something talk to the child use High pitch exciting voice don't say ahhh my poor lil boy or anything of that kind I know it's hard but it works coz the more you do it the more they think that it's ok to cry at loud noises it sounds so harsh but I did it stuck to it and it was all over within a matter of weeks xxxxxx

I can't distract him... Tried so hard and he just says no and cries :-(

Potty training: peeps are in the pot but not had poop yet :-(

Will he get there soon?

Hi hun yes he will get there (eventually) I have 3 boys and they were all sooo very different!!

My eldest was doing everything and anything before he should but hated loud noises and still even tho he's 15 refuses to come to the fair with us 'because it's too loud!!'

My middle boy was slow talking and had very bad eyesight as a little 'un and at one point was assessed as being 6mths behind his peers, he now has much better eyesight and has caught up and overtaken his peers although it took him until he was 8 o be constantly dry at night (he's now 10)

My youngest never crawled he bum shuffled then walked and was also slow talking and potty training (he was in nursery when he was finally dry at 3) and just like his brothers before him he doesn't see the need to learn to read but other than this he is now doing well at everything he does.

So it does get better, it does get easier but I'm sure these hurdles are thrown our way to test us! He will do it just don't stress over it!!

good luck xx

Latest posts

Back