kitchen or purpose built shed 'salon'?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sarah
Thanks i do love it, it is really bright out there and i love being in the garden new clients always comment how lovely it is.

Curlywurly my garden isn't that big either.

The biggest shed/summerhouse/workshop/gym/sunroom I could have is about 10 x 8 if my kids are to have any sort of garden and even then they'll only really have the bit around the edge!

Oh well, we all have to make sacrifices, lol!

xx

BTW A bit off the topic but my husband just won me a nail trainer and bits for a song! Well chuffed! :D

I work from summer house but cant get pictures on here so have picture of outside view on my avatar ond inside pic is on my profile page

these where taken as half finished

Last edited:
Please please hun, do not try to get into this business without a nail trainer, yes they are expensive but worth their weight in gold.

I offer L&P not gels and on that score I think you are right, master one type of product at a time.
Get your yellow pages out and ring a few salons, tell them you are asking before getting into it your self and want to know what % of clients are L&P and which gel then go with the most popular.
I love the idea of your summer house. A seperate room, especially when you have kids is always a better option, you can leave things set up, no one is going to knock things over, kids friends aren't going to touch:rolleyes: etc
But the training kit is just that, even creatives which is very good, needs topping up before the end of the course.
In your shoes I would want the biggest summer house I could fit in my garden, and have a good slush fund for extra products, I think its lovely that your hubby is so involved and wanting to back you up, so many partners cant understand how much you need to start up, but I would ask him to sort out your advertising, leaflets web site ideas etc with the thought that ladies want to feel special and your summer house on the front of your leaflet/homepage is a lot classier then your kitchen sink:lol:

where i live the sheds are really common for hair and nail places because theyre cheap and can be decorated really cute. ive seen them painted zebra striped, purple and everything else. theyre a lot bigger on the inside that they look and easily customizable (is that a word lol)

theyre a lucrative business here and can be built custom with little white picket porches, lofts, and bay windows. of course, im in rural oklahoma, usa and your in the uk, i think it said. so i have no idea what your options are.

either way, id go for the building since you can always add another building next to it if you need to upgrade (also a common thing here)

My salon started life as a gym then my husband started using it as a Photographic Studio until I started doing nails and stole the front half:D now it is used for all three, a quick change round at it can be any one of the three.

It has been insulated and plastered out and I use a small oil filled radiator and it's lovely and warm.

Tips and Toes Salon - a set on Flickr

Your home salon is amazing it looks well trendy xx

Jo thanks i am really pleased with it so glad i have it. I can go out there and there are no interruptions if i was indoors i know my daughter would be not leave me alone.

Please please hun, do not try to get into this business without a nail trainer, yes they are expensive but worth their weight in gold.

Got one Susie! My DH won it for me on eBay with a few nails, bargain though, only cost me £49 inc. p&p. Have to wait for my training now then use it as I don't want to do anything wrong :eek:

On the shed/summerhouse front, there was one in my town on eBay 8' x6' £60! It got snatched from under my nose though :cry:

I've decided to shop around, I don't need it right now so gives me some more time to save some more pound notes :)

Thanks for all your replies, and Soonergrrl I love the idea of a zebra striped shed/salon but not to sure what the neighbours would say! They're very conservative where I live :irked:

Sarah. xx

Latest posts

Back