Konad-all you need to know and your favourite pics!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've just had Orly GelFX demo with Oh Cabana Boy which is a little bright to I've tried to tame it down with a silver stamp, it's not worked lol!

evaperk-albums-konad-picture42381-oh-cabana-boy-orly-gelfx-barry-m-silver-konad-stamp.jpg

Hihihi I love the brightness of the pink and your stamping is so perfect and straight on every nail!

I have been wanting to do the same with a navy base colour and the stamp in white.

Hihihi I love the brightness of the pink and your stamping is so perfect and straight on every nail!

I have been wanting to do the same with a navy base colour and the stamp in white.
Thank you sweetie, it is so much brighter than it shows on this photo!

:Love: thank you. I am going away today for a few days so business will be on hold until Tuesday xxx

I am back now :eek:

Does anyone else have problems with getting the design on to the stamp?

I apply polish to plate & scrap off put stamp onto design and then there is nothing.

I apply clear polish once I have applied the colour polish so if it needs to be removed the colour stays.

But still no luck :( HELP

Does anyone else have problems with getting the design on to the stamp?

I apply polish to plate & scrap off put stamp onto design and then there is nothing.

I apply clear polish once I have applied the colour polish so if it needs to be removed the colour stays.

But still no luck :( HELP

I had this problem in the beginning, I was scraping too much polish off the plate so there wasnt enough for the stamper to pick up. You just need to take the excess off and not be too hard. :lol:

I had this problem in the beginning, I was scraping too much polish off the plate so there wasnt enough for the stamper to pick up. You just need to take the excess off and not be too hard. :lol:

I do tend to scrap the plate twice to make sure it removes the streaks. Maybe that is where I am going wrong?

Hi leely :)

Try to scrape once, you need a medium pressure. Too light and you Will leave streaks. Too hard and you take too much polish away as just mentioned.

Scrape at a 35-45degree angle and don't worry too much if there is the odd streak left on the plate. Most of the time this won't transfer onto the stamper.

Are they actual konad plates? Some konad wonabe plates have a plastic film on the top that needs removing first. Also be sure to wipe the plate and stamper with polish remover or equivelant before you begin and after every 3-4 stamps :)

Hths xx

another go at a full nail design. shellac fedora base with barry m gold foil polish. picchi i saw on the group page that you said these new barry m polishes would work so decided to give it a go. might invest in the silver version of it. i dont know what you think but i feel my design doesnt look as crisp as some of the other geeks designs. what can i do to improve this?

Attachments

• fedora and gold design.jpg
    fedora and gold design.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 554
Hi leely :)

Try to scrape once, you need a medium pressure. Too light and you Will leave streaks. Too hard and you take too much polish away as just mentioned.

Scrape at a 35-45degree angle and don't worry too much if there is the odd streak left on the plate. Most of the time this won't transfer onto the stamper.

Are they actual konad plates? Some konad wonabe plates have a plastic film on the top that needs removing first. Also be sure to wipe the plate and stamper with polish remover or equivelant before you begin and after every 3-4 stamps :)

Hths xx

Hi Joingram87,

Thanks for the advice I'll try tomorrow :)

Yes they are Konad, I brought set c I think then I have brought a few other plates to and a few other polish's to see how I get on x

Hi Joingram87,

Yes they are Konad, I brought set c I think then I have brought a few other plates to and a few other polish's to see how I get on x

If you get really stuck I am in Didcot and am happy to give you a master class xx

another go at a full nail design. shellac fedora base with barry m gold foil polish. picchi i saw on the group page that you said these new barry m polishes would work so decided to give it a go. might invest in the silver version of it. i dont know what you think but i feel my design doesnt look as crisp as some of the other geeks designs. what can i do to improve this?

Hiya. :)

That gold really stands out. Have been after a good 1for stamping so i think you have solved that for me. :)

Im not quite sure im seeing what you are seeing....the picture makes the design look really crisp, the only 1 that doesn't look quite as crisp is the middle finger.

When i roll the stamper over the nail, if i press to hard sometimes it doesn't loom as crisp as if i was to use a medium pressure whilst rolling it.

I think their ate beautiful :) what exactly is the polish name? Xx

Hi Joingram87,

See how you get on, practice on a few plastic tips and see how you go, once you get the nack their Will be no stopping you, believe me :) xx

I do tend to scrap the plate twice to make sure it removes the streaks. Maybe that is where I am going wrong?
Don't worry about being to neat and perfect, with the scraping, leave that for the placement :wink2:.
From the time you scrape you have around 2-4 seconds to get the design onto the nail or it dries on the stamper or will not even get off the plate.
Let us know how you get on.

This looks great and I love the contrast.

I think the design is plenty crisp but jo is right. Pressing to hard will squidge (sp?) the design and make it less crisp. This is my main problem and I often end up erasing and redoing:(. You really do only need to touch the stamper to the plate and then roll it onto the nail.

i have found tht i press way too hard when doing a full nail design. i think its because im stressing about making the image cover the full nail. the polish is Barry M gold foil polish.

Thanks for the advice geeks :) I shall
Be practicing today :) xx

Do cnd polishes work konad?

The Konad fairy spoke of new konad goodies today.......

Latest posts

Back