Konad-all you need to know and your favourite pics!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These are the two konad pinks I have:

I think the one on the left is called pastel pink and the one on the right psycho pink. Are either ones, the one you used Jo?

I used the 1 on the right :) what's the 1 on the left like for stamping? Is that the 1 you used in your earlier piccy?

These are the two konad pinks I have:

I think the one on the left is called pastel pink and the one on the right psycho pink. Are either ones, the one you used Jo?

You had the one on the right Jo :p

I have a full colour list for polishes.......

Large Special Polish 11ml
Red
Yellow
Green
Blue
Black
White
White pearl
Pink (one on the left I think?)
Violet pearl
Sky pearl
Gold brown
Dark orange
Royal purple
Wine red
Gray pearl (very pretty metallic - not sure how deep the colour is?)
Black pearl
Gold
Silver
Dark purple
Pastel orange
Pastel yellow
Pastel green
Pastel blue
Pastel violet
Pastel pink
Psyche Pink (one on the right)
Light gray
Chocolate

Princess Special Polish 12ml
White
Silver
Yellow
Violet Pearl
Dark Purple
Gold Black
Blue Pearl
Deep Jungle
Light Gray
Psyche Pink
Cool Red
Chocolate
Chic Blue
Coral Blue
Pop Green
Apple Green
Olive Green

I've just ordered my first set :) They're amazing, i've a feeling my sister will be round all the time once these arrive, she loves her designs! :)

I cant wait for them to arrive now! x

I used the 1 on the right :) what's the 1 on the left like for stamping? Is that the 1 you used in your earlier piccy?

In the pic of the bad mani, I posted a few pages back, it was the one on the right the psycho pick. I don't think I have ever used the one on the left lol.

I bought quite a few konad SP, in the beginning of my addiction :o, only to find out that I don't use them much.

I was just thinking about getting a pink but now am not sure what to do - I'd like one that shows up well and is nice and brightly pink. Can anyone recommend which one to get? are the Konad ones the best to get or does someone else know of a different brand that will do the job better?

I just wanted to say I used the black yesterday on my mum, wow it works well but goodness me what a frightful mess I was in LOL!

Karaxxx
If you want a pink get a pink. Personally the times I have wanted a pinkish colored stamp I have almost always used ChG Admire or Emotion, they are metallic foils which show up fabulously over any color, even black.

Thats great I'll look into getting those - I only use CND atm so would anyone know where I can get China Glaze from in the UK?

Karaxxx

You can order China Glaze by opening an account with The Beauty Partnership (Entity dstibutors and Kooky wraps too!!) or you can go to a Sally's or online Sally's. CG will also be at Olympia in a couple of weeks aswell. I love it. :)

CG will also be at Olympia in a couple of weeks aswell. I love it. :)

Oh no, you shouldn't have told me that lol. At least am prepared though hehe. Really can't wait. Xx

I can't wait to see the whole range! Got myself Concrete catwalk the other day (solid grey from the Metro range) it's really lovely. I also got a dark blue and Ruby pumps, the famous sparkling red. :lol:

I just wanted to say I used the black yesterday on my mum, wow it works well but goodness me what a frightful mess I was in LOL!

Karaxxx

I did my sister's nails yesterday with a full nail design in black and I can't remember the last time I got so messy!! It's all fun though :lol:

Jo I finally grew my nails out enough to try your beautiful mani from a while ago. It's not perfect and I did a fade instead of the diagonal glitter you did.

Color Play #09 with Color Play Glitter #96 stamped with Konad SP white, m3.

I'm loving this it's just so fun but I feel a little mhe about the crystals.

Jo I finally grew my nails out enough to try your beautiful mani from a while ago. It's not perfect and I did a fade instead of the diagonal glitter you did.

Color Play #09 with Color Play Glitter #96 stamped with Konad SP white, m3.

I'm loving this it's just so fun but I feel a little mhe about the crystals.

They are divine! Well done. :).they look so Femine and pretty.

I can see what you mean about the crystals, i think you should invest in some smaller ones as if they were a bit smaller would just take that 'meh' feeling you have away :) xx

I love my konad stamping, lots of clients have them done.....the tiger/zebra stripe one seems to be really popular at the minute :) I've never heard of bundle monster, will have to go on amazon and have a look.

Can any of you help me with the 1 and only problem I have with konad stamping......getting the designs straight that are meant for the tips only....my smile lines all end up really wonky, is there a sure fire way of doing it?

I love my konad stamping, lots of clients have them done.....the tiger/zebra stripe one seems to be really popular at the minute :) I've never heard of bundle monster, will have to go on amazon and have a look.

Can any of you help me with the 1 and only problem I have with konad stamping......getting the designs straight that are meant for the tips only....my smile lines all end up really wonky, is there a sure fire way of doing it?

Hiya :)

Konads amazing isn't it :)

I can have a go at trying to explain how i do it, hopefully you'll understand lol

I am right handed so this is how i do the French konad stamp...

Before i start i always make sure the plate and chosen design is facing me as it would when transfered onto the client ie smiling at me lol.

When i transfer the design onto the stamper from the plate i try to make sure that the right hand edge of the design is close to the right hand side of the stamper. Then i align the right hand side of the design so its straight with the right hand sidewall then gently roll the stamper over to the other side of the nail plate.

The only time i really struggle is if im frenching konad on myself :)

Does that make sense? X

Did these tonight. Hope the link works.

http://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbi...t_fth=b94375dd916c2d0a&_ft_time_ft=1315946481

Had tried to use one of the bigger images to cover my full nail but found it difficult as my nails are long and my konad skills aren't that great yet. I used plate m3 and the star image I just made a repeated pattern with it over the full nail. This is a pic of my right hand, my left hand is a little smudgy. Only problem was I was covered in black konad polish. Has anyone worked out a system for creating less mess? Everytime I use black I end up covered in it.

Did these tonight. Hope the link works.

http://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbi...t_fth=b94375dd916c2d0a&_ft_time_ft=1315946481

Had tried to use one of the bigger images to cover my full nail but found it difficult as my nails are long and my konad skills aren't that great yet. I used plate m3 and the star image I just made a repeated pattern with it over the full nail. This is a pic of my right hand, my left hand is a little smudgy. Only problem was I was covered in black konad polish. Has anyone worked out a system for creating less mess? Everytime I use black I end up covered in it.

I clean all of my equipment with nail polish remover between every 2-3 nails. I place cotton wool right down by my knuckles between 2 fingers so that the remover dose not smudge my work and clean the stamper, scraper, IP holder and any other rouge polish ;)

The better you get the more you can adapt you knack.

I couldn't get you link to work but I am sure you have done a great job xx

I clean all of my equipment with nail polish remover between every 2-3 nails. I place cotton wool right down by my knuckles between 2 fingers so that the remover dose not smudge my work and clean the stamper, scraper, IP holder and any other rouge polish ;)

The better you get the more you can adapt you knack.

I couldn't get you link to work but I am sure you have done a great job xx

I agree with Bry, i clean my things every 2-3 nails. I always have 1-2 pieces of nail roll and and i always put the scrape away from me on the roll, usually top right hand of the roll, after i have scraped the plate.

I couldn't get the link to work either, maybe put it in your SG album and then out the link for us? Xx

I am a little nervous of getting gunk all over my freshly manicured nails, so I always clean after each stamp.

I stamp and then clean the stamper with a ear-but soaked in acetone and dry the stamper on kitchen paper. Then I clean the plate with the ear-bud and dry it with the other end of the ear-bud. I never clean the scraper but every down and again I drag it over kitchen paper, if I'm stamping with a dark colour.

For me this is the best and easiest way to avoid to much mess and destroying my.

I follow the link either, try uploading it to salon geek.

i have added a pic rather than try to use a link. thanks for the tips, i do try to keep things clean and tidy when im working but i find the black gets everywhere. my fingers end up all stained from cleaning the plates and the scrapper. im sure i'll get there in the end. any comments welcome on my first real attempt at konad

Attachments

• axxium.jpg
    axxium.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 1,395
I have found the illusive Konad Q plate!!! I love it when my customers have to up-date me as konad HQ 'forget'!

i have added a pic rather than try to use a link. thanks for the tips, i do try to keep things clean and tidy when im working but i find the black gets everywhere. my fingers end up all stained from cleaning the plates and the scrapper. im sure i'll get there in the end. any comments welcome on my first real attempt at konad

This looks amazing and so cool!!! Oh and don't worry about the mess, you will make less over time it's just a matter of practice.
That said sometimes I get polish all over me, I found some black polish on my elbow the other day :eek:

I have found the illusive Konad Q plate!!! I love it when my customers have to up-date me as konad HQ 'forget'!
Please post a pic :lick:

Latest posts

Back