Konad-all you need to know and your favourite pics!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't believe I have sat here measuring the size of my nails! I have small hands and so my nails are in proportion to this and even I need 1.6cm across my thumb! Looks like I'll be getting the large design plates to make sure my clients are catered for.

While we are on the subjects of plates, has anyone found good plates that ave reverse designs on so both hands haven't got a stamp facing all the same way, iyswim?

While we are on the subjects of plates, has anyone found good plates that ave reverse designs on so both hands haven't got a stamp facing all the same way, iyswim?

You can turn them if you have 2 stampers. Stamp and scrape as normal then stamp the image from one stamper onto another and it turns :wink2:

What a brimming good idea bry t thanking u!!

You can turn them if you have 2 stampers. Stamp and scrape as normal then stamp the image from one stamper onto another and it turns :wink2:

Ooh, yes I forgot about this trick. I have done it before, but sometimes if not quick enough the image has dried on the first stamp, need to play some more :wink2:

Bloody brilliant! :)

oh I am a fountain of knowledge :o

SUPER idea!!! This has always bugged me and was a massive issue for me with konad, put me off Using it!!! Thank you xxx

My Lovely new plates and polishes have arrived thanks to a lovely Konad geeky angel here :D and I can't wait to get playing again later today and hope I can crack some of the more intricate designs now I have a new white polish!! I am also going to ditch my Konad scraper and have found an old card that I have cut up to use, so fingers crossed this works this time!
I am currently wearing Asphalt Shellac with silver VIP Status over the top, so will be stamping with white over the top of that and think the first one I want to try is the Argyle type patterned one (plate M60) If I succeed, I will post a picture ;)

These are what I did on mum last night.
It was a bit fiddly because apart from her little finger the stamp wasn't big enough and I needed to patch it.
Vicki xx
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334386519.031363.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334386530.188562.jpg

Great job Dream Nails.

This is what I always worry about with full stamps, the nails are always too big for the image and I just can't line them up.

The link I posted above Nicole has the animal on and the wallpaper type you mentioned I had one this week! Xx

I've looked at this one again and I like it. Do you find you need a larger stamper as the designs are larger? Or does the larger end of the Konad double stamper manage them ok?

Have you taken a close up pic yet? Amazon havn't put the zoom feature on this one.

I need to stop wavering and buy something!

I've looked at this one again and I like it. Do you find you need a larger stamper as the designs are larger? Or does the larger end of the Konad double stamper manage them ok?

Have you taken a close up pic yet? Amazon havn't put the zoom feature on this one.

I need to stop wavering and buy something!
I did try a close up pic but the plate is very shiney and it was like taking it in the mirror!!
Some of the images are larger than the stamper but I don't think it will be a problem.
I managed to look at it larger in amazon xx

Ah I just tried I must have dragged the image larger on iPad sorry! It's well worth it I'd get it before it sells out! Xx

Last edited:
Hi geeks. My Konad kit finally arrived today so I am giving myself a full mani as its been so long.

I have a question tho regarding the plate. It has backing on it and don't know if this has to be removed before use. I have checked the book that came with the kit but can't find anything so thought I would ask on here. I am ready to stamp so hopefully someone can help:) x

Hi geeks. My Konad kit finally arrived today so I am giving myself a full mani as its been so long.

I have a question tho regarding the plate. It has backing on it and don't know if this has to be removed before use. I have checked the book that came with the kit but can't find anything so thought I would ask on here. I am ready to stamp so hopefully someone can help:) x

The Monster Plates have a blue film on the top which will need removing 1st but the Konad Plates should be good to go. I just wiped the plates with scrub fresh b4 starting. If ur having problems picking up the design on the stamp just gently buff over the stamp with a buffer or used file. I had 2 do this and it wrks great now! So addictive 2 :)

This was some I did this morning :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334407823.376996.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334407823.376996.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 308
I've just measured them for you Nicole some are smaller but there are som larger also! Hope this helps! Xx

How nice of you, thank you! :) I don't like the thought of double stamping when I havn't even done my first set yet! Plus the zebra is not going to want to be stamped more than once!

I want a konad kit now:sad:

Latest posts

Back