Konad-all you need to know and your favourite pics!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used the plate yesterday, I did the French bows, worked a treat, I've only got 4 konad plates and it's got every design on it that I have, these are plates m51, m57, m63 & s6. Will try to post a pic, I've never managed it before! Lol! X

I used the plate yesterday, I did the French bows, worked a treat, I've only got 4 konad plates and it's got every design on it that I have, these are plates m51, m57, m63 & s6. Will try to post a pic, I've never managed it before! Lol! X

My fav is the french mani (which I love doing) and will be using a small design, using the black polish stamped on the white. Hope this makes sense lol. I'm hoping it arrives tomorrow so I can do my nails at the weekend and show them off x

My fav is the french mani (which I love doing) and will be using a small design, using the black polish stamped on the white. Hope this makes sense lol. I'm hoping it arrives tomorrow so I can do my nails at the weekend and show them off x
Sounds great! I've just tried a few more stamps on my nails and they work a treat!
Picchi - I've tried taking pics but it's kike taking a pic in the mirror all you can see is me! Looking at the designs they are spot on compared to my konad! X

I have a question and hope someone can help me....

I was on a website earlier and was interested to see foil wraps etc. These were put on tips which were glued to the nail. The only thing is you have to use a UV light after you apply the gel which I am not trained in. I am fully trained in manicures etc but not in the UV light. will I have to get special training before I can do this? All help appreciated xx

I have a question and hope someone can help me....

I was on a website earlier and was interested to see foil wraps etc. These were put on tips which were glued to the nail. The only thing is you have to use a UV light after you apply the gel which I am not trained in. I am fully trained in manicures etc but not in the UV light. will I have to get special training before I can do this? All help appreciated xx
Have you checked out minx? You only need you manicure cert for this! X

Have you checked out minx? You only need you manicure cert for this! X

I like the foil wraps as you can put these straight on to the nail, you can put them on the tip or anywhere on the nail. It's only when you apply the gel the uv light is used. I'm wondering if you can apply the foil then just use a top coat to protect the foil. I have looked at several sites and to be honest I can't remember which 1 showed which video lol but there is one where they apply the foil to all fingers e.g 1- tip of nail. 2- whole finger. 3- dots etc but she didn't use a lamp. There wasn't any speaking on video so will go check it out again if I can find it lol:) x

Blue special polish over Konad shining beach and pastel blue special polish over Konad shining blue

Attachments

• blues.JPG
    blues.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 243
Phew! I have read all the way to the end of this thread. I am finally going to indulge in some stamping plates.

I just need to decide who I want to go with to buy them. I like the animal designs (?M57) and also the delicate, swirly, flocked wallpaper type styles. If only you could custom order plates!

I have loved looking at all the pics. :biggrin:

I have had some success using old nail polish with the Konad stamper. It seems that the thicker the polish is, the better.

ok soft question :confused:

how big is the plate, just wondering for us mobile geeks.

thanks
Vicki xx
It's slightly larger then A4! It's great! X

Phew! I have read all the way to the end of this thread. I am finally going to indulge in some stamping plates.

I just need to decide who I want to go with to buy them. I like the animal designs (?M57) and also the delicate, swirly, flocked wallpaper type styles. If only you could custom order plates!

I have loved looking at all the pics. :biggrin:
The link I posted above Nicole has the animal on and the wallpaper type you mentioned I had one this week! Xx

The link I posted above Nicole has the animal on and the wallpaper type you mentioned I had one this week! Xx

Yeah, I saw that plate, thanks for linking. :biggrin:

I couldn't zoom in on it to see everything clearly enough, so thanks for confirming. What is the sizing of the designs like for thumbs etc?

I have posted a question in the Konad group, just to see if I have picked up on the different sizing ok before I order my first plates.

Yeah, I saw that plate, thanks for linking. :biggrin:

I couldn't zoom in on it to see everything clearly enough, so thanks for confirming. What is the sizing of the designs like for thumbs etc?

I have posted a question in the Konad group, just to see if I have picked up on the different sizing ok before I order my first plates.
I never think to go into the groups lol! There are a few different sizes some the same size as konad and some larger! X

This is taken from the Oooh, Shinies blog (here's the link: Oooh, Shinies!: Nude lace) This is one of my favourite blogs!!!

platesize1.jpg

It shows the different sizes of the full nail designs done by the various plate making companies. I hope this can help clear up some of the confusion.

DKR and SdP large designs apparently are the same size.

Latest posts

Back