Konad-all you need to know and your favourite pics!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought the Jade Green Layla from the fantastic Bry T, but for some reason it would not stamp. My Konad Stamper which works great with the China glaze Romantique and Konad Polishes would just not pick up the Layla, so in the end I decided to paint my nails with the Layla and stamp with the konad black ( not the look I was going for, but as my second Konad attempt turned out not too bad!)
Any ideas as to how to successfully stamp with these holographic polishes?

Attachments

• IMG_2368.jpg
    IMG_2368.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 511
I bought the Jade Green Layla from the fantastic Bry T, but for some reason it would not stamp. My Konad Stamper which works great with the China glaze Romantique and Konad Polishes would just not pick up the Layla, so in the end I decided to paint my nails with the Layla and stamp with the konad black ( not the look I was going for, but as my second Konad attempt turned out not too bad!)

This is sooo very pretty!!! I love that design, it has to be in my top 5 designs and it works so well with the french tip!

The Laylas dry very, very fast. I'm sure you noticed when you painted your nails. When I stamped with them I would place the stamper where my hand falls, once I finish scraping. That way I can pick up the stamper in one fluid, fast movement to pic up the design and stamp on my nail. It's fiddle-y but the result is so worth it!

I hope that made sense, I'm a little sleepy...:zzz:

LOL, loving the comments about me being fantastic, much appreciated :o. Might have to change me name to FAB'B'ie

The Laylas are temperamental to stamp with. I think a bold design on a plain black background might be the best option? Picchi is the expert though so go with her advice!

Agreed through deign looks great xx

Evening geeks :)

So, it has come to Picci and I's attention that more and more people are discovering the magic that is konad!

It's not everyone's cuppa tea, and I know there are loads of other threads on here already about it. But for those of you who don't know what it is, how it works and want to learn more then this is the thread for you.

What is konad?
Konad is a form of nail art that is simply stamped onto the nail plate. The konad kit basically consists of an image plate, scraper, stamper and nail polish remover (or d. solve is fine if you have it)

Check out this video on the konad website, make sure you wait for it to load because it is really helpful in explaining how konad works rather than me trying to list a step by step: Konad Nails - Video

Konad is quick, simple and is great for those who are rubbish (like me!) at free hand.

Where can you buy konad?
You can buy konad from numerous websites here are just a few:
Konad Nail Art
Konad Nails - Be Creative, Use Nail Stamping for Beautiful Nails

Whats best to get you started?
Your best value for money when starting out is looking into a set such as the konad set B Konad Nails - Set B it has 3 polishes, 4 plates, scraper and stamper and it just brilliant to use when you are starting out.

Can you use 'normal' nail polishes to stamp with?
Genreally, the best polishes to use are the Konad special polishes as they have an acrylic base. however it is trial and error as some normal nail polishes do work. So if you have any, dig them out and try them and then you will soon know if they work or not.

To save 'clogging' up the nail forum with loads of konad threads and questions etc did you know that there is a special konad stamping group? if you have any questions please post them here as there are a vast array of avid konaders who will most certainly be able to help you. just follow this link Salon Geek - Konad stamping geeks

Having smudging issues?
When applying a top coat over your konad, be sure you have enough product on your brush and 'float' the top coat over the konad and do not go back over with the brush as this will cajuse the image to drag and smudge.:sad:

Can you use it with shellac/gelish etc?
Yes you can. Simply do your pep as normal, base, colour coats then top coat (cure as and when required) stamp (with konad special polish) onto sticky layer and finish with a final top coat cure.

Can you use shellac/gelish etc as the polish to stamp?
just like with the 'normal' polish it is trial and error. As i only use shellac I cant really comment on how well other brands work when useing them as the stamping polish. I have only found the Iced Cappuccino shellac to work ok when stamping. This is due to shellac being designed as a '2 coat colour system' and a bit looks washed out when stamped as most of the designs can not be stamped over to intensify the colour....but give it a go with a small design and see how you get on.

The only thing that is stopping you is your imagination and your creativity! hop on the band wagon and become one of our many great konaders :)

Oh...and please please use this thread for as many of your pictures to help show others just how amazing konad looks. Here are some of mine:

View attachment 8535 View attachment 8536
View attachment 8537 View attachment 8538

I have probably missed some info out that is helpful, i will add it in as and when :)

I hope you find this helpful.

Enjoy xx
thanks for starting thread pictures of your work are fab starting at being looking forward to reading all pages of thread x

OMG I want these!!!! Gorgeous x

My first time using the konad polish. Had a few hiccups where some nails it wouldn't stick or just a bit did.
Vicki xx
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1335998688.938607.jpg

This is sooo very pretty!!! I love that design, it has to be in my top 5 designs and it works so well with the french tip!

The Laylas dry very, very fast. I'm sure you noticed when you painted your nails. When I stamped with them I would place the stamper where my hand falls, once I finish scraping. That way I can pick up the stamper in one fluid, fast movement to pic up the design and stamp on my nail. It's fiddle-y but the result is so worth it!

Hi Picchi,
Many thanks for the kind words and help, will give it another go with the way you suggested. I am still very much a newbie to this type of nail art, but having great fun experimenting much to my husband’s dismay! My kids however love it and can't wait to see what funky design Mummy will come up with next:D

LOL, loving the comments about me being fantastic, much appreciated :o. Might have to change me name to FAB'B'ie

The Laylas are temperamental to stamp with. I think a bold design on a plain black background might be the best option? Picchi is the expert though so go with her advice!

Many thanks for that Bry T and yes you should change your name:D. Going to try Gelish Bella's Vampire which is a very, very dark purple as I don't have a black and try as you suggested a simple bold design with the Layla and Picchi expert tips and see how I get on.Wish me luck:biggrin:

Many thanks for that Bry T and yes you should change your name:D. Going to try Gelish Bella's Vampire which is a very, very dark purple as I don't have a black and try as you suggested a simple bold design with the Layla and Picchi expert tips and see how I get on.Wish me luck:biggrin:

looking forward to the pics!!!! :Love:

Another creation lol
I really like this geometric design!!! Your stamping skills are really amazing!

Oh Bry you make me blush :o.
What Bry said is absolutely true! A bold design is essential; you are going to need the design to be fairly thick and without to many tiny details.

My first time using the konad polish. Had a few hiccups where some nails it wouldn't stick or just a bit did.
Vicki xx
View attachment 14619
I think this looks great!

Hi Picchi,
Many thanks for the kind words and help, will give it another go with the way you suggested. I am still very much a newbie to this type of nail art, but having great fun experimenting much to my husband’s dismay! My kids however love it and can't wait to see what funky design Mummy will come up with next:D
I love konad because it is fun :D Yes sometimes it can be a little infuriating but maybe I'm like your kids... I love seeing different designs and colors on my nails. I like it when people stop me and ask ohhhh how did you do those, it makes me smile.
I'm not an expert *blushing*, I'm just a polish geek with too much time on her hands:lick:. If you need anything the geeks on this site are so fantastic, I love the sharing of information that goes on here!!!

Gelish & Konad x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1336206883.726243.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1336206883.726243.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 527
Had a go with doing the Layla Jade Green over Bella's Vampire, but not a lot of luck so decided that I needed more practice with general stamping first before tackling the holographics. So here is my first attempt with the Barry M Silver foil :)

Attachments

• Bella's Vampire & Konad.jpg
    Bella's Vampire & Konad.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 506
Thank you. It was over white that I was thinking of for the blue. I really wanted the silver holo but Bry doesn't have any at the mo :sad: so I may wait until that's back in stock then get that and the black for now. But knowing me 1 or 2 more may slip into the basket......

Right I am off on holiday today for a week. :D:D:D:D:D:D

These are being dispatched from Italy to arrive in the UK while I am away (at my mother in laws!) and I will put them back on the site when i am home next weekend :o

Layla have a somewhat relaxed approached to business so have taken ages to process the order :o

SORRY xxxxxxxxx

Did these today on a very recent ex nibbler. I'm kicking myself I didn't take a picture of what her nails were like and when I took the shellac off today. Now they are long enough for a design and she is so chuffed :)
Vicki xx
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1336315186.673379.jpg

Hello, please can you tell me what are top 5 designs? Many thanks xxx

Here is what i am currently sporting - shellac black pool with the bright pink konad special polish. I had no probs applying this pink polish although it does look a little darker than i hoped but this is because its against a black background!

View attachment 8803
Nice, what the number of Konad did you used? Thankd

Hello, please can you tell me what are top 5 designs? Many thanks xxx
I just meant my personal top 5 plates:o. I tend to like the full nail designs, mostly because I have difficulty coming up with ideas for the single designs. While many other ladies create stunning nails and compositions with the individual designs. It's all up to your personal taste and what you like :wink2:

I have ordered a konad set B after reading all these posts Nd feeling very envious of all the fab nails! My set is sitting at the post office awaiting collection....but it's bank holiday and I have to wait til tomorrow!!! D'oh:Scared:

Gelish with Konad

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1336394581.982977.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1336394581.982977.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 433

Latest posts

Back