Konad-all you need to know and your favourite pics!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just ordered a Konad starter kit and was surprised to see that i could upgrade to a plastic scraper! I took the upgrade since reading through this thread that the metal one can scratch your plates. Was going to just use a credit card like most of you but how professional and cool does that plastic scraper sound??! so excited

picture.php

I just keep coming bacl to this plate! Bamboo or cherry blossom all the way!

Very first attempt at konad on my on nails X

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1336510249.039667.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1336510249.039667.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 438
I am back now. Did anyone notice I had gone :lol:

I am back now. Did anyone notice I had gone :lol:

yes, i couldn't remember your flippin' website as I need some Layla! ..lol! x

Today I'm wearing:
Tutti Frutti stamped with black Konad polish (image from xl plate)
Fedora on ring finger
picture.php

Artistic colour gloss Posh with black Konad. Did just ring finger earlier but kept thinking I should have done the rest, so I did!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1336764074.505741.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1336764074.505741.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 372
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1336764085.194482.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1336764085.194482.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 409
Why why why can't I get my konad stamped nails as gorgeous as you guys?
I bought the gold kit as it had a good range of colours and plates but the only colour that's shows up anything like it's true colour is black?
I really wanted to try a silver base with the pink leopard stamped on top like a beautiful poster previously but the konad special polish pink I have is next to useless!
I'm so disheartened as the kit cost £70 and I don't know whether I've wasted my money?
Can anybody give me any pointers on getting a true colour transfer?
Thanks x

I haven't done much of it but have found it depends what colour u r stamping on. The one I put on earlier isn't great and the first hand took me about 5 attempts on each finger. I've only got black, bronze, pink and Barry M gold and silver. The Barry m ones stamp well but the black Konad polish I've found I have to b really quick with otherwise it dries before u can stamp it. X

I haven't done much of it but have found it depends what colour u r stamping on. The one I put on earlier isn't great and the first hand took me about 5 attempts on each finger. I've only got black, bronze, pink and Barry M gold and silver. The Barry m ones stamp well but the black Konad polish I've found I have to b really quick with otherwise it dries before u can stamp it. X

So the pink that you have shows up well over say a silver?
Mine is rubbish!
I'm ok with the konad black I'm fairly quick.
I just can't seem to get any interesting colour combinations as black and a china glaze silver are the only ones that show properly so you can see the image detail. Frustrated. :(

Actually just thinking about it I saw pink lips on here on top of a dark colour so bought Konad pink but couldn't get it to work and put Barry M gold on top of Gelish All About Me to get the lips to show. Haven't tried the pink since but have found only black gold and silver stamp well. X

Why why why can't I get my konad stamped nails as gorgeous as you guys?
I bought the gold kit as it had a good range of colours and plates but the only colour that's shows up anything like it's true colour is black?
I really wanted to try a silver base with the pink leopard stamped on top like a beautiful poster previously but the konad special polish pink I have is next to useless!
I'm so disheartened as the kit cost £70 and I don't know whether I've wasted my money?
Can anybody give me any pointers on getting a true colour transfer?
Thanks x

Oh bless you, sounds like your having a tough time.

There is pastel pink, pink, psyche pink, vivid pink and magenta. The pastel pink and psyche pink are both very pale and only show well on very light back grounds. The regular pink should be fine on silver...... not sure whats going on there :Scared:

All of the other colours should be straight forward to use, how are you getting on with the white?

Oh bless you, sounds like your having a tough time.

There is pastel pink, pink, psyche pink, vivid pink and magenta. The pastel pink and psyche pink are both very pale and only show well on very light back grounds. The regular pink should be fine on silver...... not sure whats going on there :Scared:

All of the other colours should be straight forward to use, how are you getting on with the white?

Thanks for your replies ladies. X
Ok with white. I think i need to walk before I can run and keep trying different combinations!
It's so expensive this nails addiction, I tend to buy indiscriminately and wonder why i don't get the same results as everyone else!
On my report it would say: "more salon geek revision required"
Ha ha might try the psyche pink. X

Hi All

Quick question.......

If you had to divide them images plates into 5 - 6 themes, what would you place them in?

Floral
Tips
Whole Nail
Cartoon
Nature
Other

Head spin!!!!!!

Layla Mirror Polishes stamp - yeah! Have you work super fast though :Love:

Haven't been on here for awhile, so I apologize if this website has already been posted. If you go to google and type in Monster Bundle Nailart Nail Stamp you can purchase a 25 pc set for $22.00 USD with free shipping. Not sure if they ship to the UK, can't see why they wouldn't. I have purchased these plates and they are the same quality as Konad at a 1/4 of the price.:D

These were done using MB plates, new toys to play with done on top of shellac with pigment, client was so happy with the blue colour! Only thing with MB plates is that the stamps for the whole nail are on the small side! So will be ordering Konad too!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1337872775.329163.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1337872775.329163.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 525
Done these yesterday
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1337884812.725640.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1337884826.791577.jpg

Rock Royalty Shellac
Vicki xx

I did these this afternoon, I have to admit, I really like them:

ASk3g.jpg
YYru1.jpg

I did a similar mani just two days ago but it didn’t turn out so well. You could call this mani an evolution of that one…
This is Essence: No More Drama. On to which I sponged a collection of glitters. I used Essence: Troy & It’s Purplicious and Mavala: Sparkling Violet. I wanted to use many as I wanted lots of different colors so that the stamp would be in greater contrast. For the designs I used konad plates m66, m82.

I did these this afternoon, I have to admit, I really like them:

ASk3g.jpg
YYru1.jpg

I did a similar mani just two days ago but it didn’t turn out so well. You could call this mani an evolution of that one…
This is Essence: No More Drama. On to which I sponged a collection of glitters. I used Essence: Troy & It’s Purplicious and Mavala: Sparkling Violet. I wanted to use many as I wanted lots of different colors so that the stamp would be in greater contrast. For the designs I used konad plates m66, m82.

Beautiful as always. I love your work :hug:

Back