L & P Pink & Whites

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karentriff

Reaction score
Hi I have done this set using Creative's new warm pink and perfect white. I am still struggling with L & P. I can see a lot of room for improvement but would really appreciate some advice from you, the professionals.
ps Look closely at the fuschia leaf
Cheers
Karen
http://www.salongeek.com/picture.php?albumid=253&pictureid=3911

I have seen a lot worse, they are not that bad at all,
they do look like they fan out at the free edge, when you do your side walls you need to keep your file really straight and hold it firmly

looking at your pinkie, you buffed off a bit of the free edge when filling the sidewalls...
your smile seems to "smile" more on one side than the other...
they do not all have the same length...
and the thumb seems to have a weird apex...

so.
to make it better on these points: learn to place your white thin and white so you don't buff it off. if you pinch, your white will be less likely to be buffed too. and sometimes you can also buff the natural nail on the corner to have just a little more space for your white.
practice your smile line, and always look at your nails in different angles to place your smile correctly
the length is a matter or filing...
and the thumb, the apex should be a little more on zone 2 but I can't see it very well.

that said, it still does look really nice, and way better than a lot of sets I'm used to seeing everyday!
just practice ;)

they look quite nice , thumb look a bit thick though ....... the bug is cute :)

Thanks for the advice / comments It is very much appreciated I will take it all in and try to improve on my next set.
I didn't buff off the edge of my smile, I just didnt get it there to start with. I seem to have trouble getting my smile right up into the corner on one side without it hanging over the sidewall.
No such probs on the other side for some reason.
Thanks for your help guys :hug:
Karen

Latest posts

Back