Lash Extension client wanting refund

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karenrose

Reaction score
I had a girl and her sister came in yesterday morning for lash extensions. I explained all the options available and the first girl opted for the lashes that have 3 per bulb. I said I would do 1 eye first and let her see before I proceed with other eye. Both agreed that more lashes would look better. After I finished both girls agreed they looked amazing. But by this point the sister decided she no longer wanted extensions. Odd I thought. Explained that she would need to come back to me to get them removed with a special remover and gave all the appropriate aftercare.
About 3 hours later I got a phone call from the girls mum saying she wanted a refund of the lashes. I asked why and she said her daughter thought they were irritating her eyes so she went to sallys to get a remover but they told her to go to a salon to get it done properly. So she went to another salon to get them removed and it took 30mins to do it and now her eyes are all red and bloodshot and she wants a refund. She also didnt like how they looked. I said both girls liked them after they were done and if she didnt like them she should of said at the time. Mum said she is a young shy girl so wouldnt of been able to say she doesnt like them. So she asked if she could come up for the refund. Explained if they were irritating her eyes she should of came back to me and I would of removed them. She said the other salon was closer to sallys. And because of my extensions her eyes are now sore. I said that might not be entirely down to me it could be the other salon if they didnt use the right remover so I cannot be held responsible for that. And I did explain to her to come to me to get them removed. But again the mum said she would of been too embarassed.
I told her there is nothing I can do regarding a refund as she didnt come to me nor did she say at the time she didnt like them. The mum said the other salon said there was far too meny lashes put on, but I was only going by the clients request. I wouldnt say there was too meny on, it gave her a full look. I could of put even more on but didnt want to as it wouldnt of looked right plus it would of been too heavy.

Is this a case of trying their luck to get a refund? Seeing as the mum kept asking when SHE can come in for the refund as the girl is too embarassed. So that would mean I wouldnt get to see if the lashes have been removed or not. I am adament Im not going to issue a refund though as she didnt come to me to get them removed. If they were irritating her so much she would of came back straight away instead of going to sallys then another salon.

The mum said she would call me back, although didnt hear from her yesterday afternoon so Im guessing she isnt going to.

I would say stick to your guns, they were happy when they left, you gave the after care. If they were that bad she should have come straight back to you to rectify or remove. If i were to give a refund i would want to be able to see the eyes asap. HTH.

I would only issue refund if client was not happy straight away, when they go away and visit other places I cannot offer refund as I have no idea what was done with the lashes. Esspecially when the girl does not want to come in herself - tell her mum she needs to let her daughter grow up and start taking responsibility. You have done the right thing so far :hug:

Hi
If this young girl is old enough to come and have lashes on without her Mum then she is old enough to tell you she is not happy and come and have you remove them. I think you should totally stick to your guns here and let this be a lesson for her and her mother!!! As far as I can see you have done everything as you should. Look at it this way if you bought something from Argos and you were not happy with it you wouldn't take it back to Tesco for them to sort it even if they both sold the product would you? hth xx

Hi
If this young girl is old enough to come and have lashes on without her Mum then she is old enough to tell you she is not happy and come and have you remove them. I think you should totally stick to your guns here and let this be a lesson for her and her mother!!! As far as I can see you have done everything as you should. Look at it this way if you bought something from Argos and you were not happy with it you wouldn't take it back to Tesco for them to sort it even if they both sold the product would you? hth xx

Well said :)
It is really disheartning hearing how this kind of thing seems to be happening so much now, I have read quite a few posts before along the same lines.
Definatly stick to your guns, what a check to even have the front to phone you & tell you this story THEN ask for a refund!
x:hug:x

I would say stick to guns, however i would recommend you state clearly somehwere in the salon, the refund policy that way if this happens again you are completely covered. I think you should trust your own judgement on this one but also remember that one bad words spread faster then one good one, so bare your reputation in mind and maybe offer a good will gesture, ofcourse it is totally up to you :)

Ok, what if both girls are completely happy with their lashes and their mum does this all the time and bullies therapists into giving free treatments. How are you to know unless they prove to you the lashes have come off. I'm too embaresed just doesn't cut it in the real world. Besides you don't know these people. Who are they to assume you should trust them, you don't know if they're honest!

Soz, gone off into a rant there. Have had so many try it on with free lashes.

My policy is this. If you're not happy and you want a refund that's fine, but the lashes must come off. I will not build up a reputation of giving out free lashes.

As someone else has fiddled with them in this case. I definately wouldn't issue a refund. You don't know what's been used or who's fault the irritation is.

Good luck, hope they go away x

Ok, what if both girls are completely happy with their lashes and their mum does this all the time and bullies therapists into giving free treatments. How are you to know unless they prove to you the lashes have come off. I'm too embaresed just doesn't cut it in the real world. Besides you don't know these people. Who are they to assume you should trust them, you don't know if they're honest!

Soz, gone off into a rant there. Have had so many try it on with free lashes.

My policy is this. If you're not happy and you want a refund that's fine, but the lashes must come off. I will not build up a reputation of giving out free lashes.

As someone else has fiddled with them in this case. I definately wouldn't issue a refund. You don't know what's been used or who's fault the irritation is.

Good luck, hope they go away x

Well said!:) x

Latest posts

Back