Learn from each other's mistakes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love this thread it's soooo funny.
Once when I was drying my clients hair, I turned around to look at someone entering the salon and put my dryer under my arm while it was still on. It made a massive bang, a flame shot out of the end where the wire meets the machine. It proceeded to singe lots of my hair on one side and blew the electrics in the full shop ! I was mortified and close to tears :(
Ended up having my hair cut off shorter on one side. On the plus side though at least it wasn't my client !

I've been laughing so much at this thread, but I think it's jinxed me today. 😢

I done a regular clients hair she a natural base 6. I used bleach-3%+ 7.3-3% alternate weaves (Full head)
then used 9.13-9% all over. Left for 40 mins.

Whilst cutting the hair the 9.13looked very warm after blasting the front dry it was like a base 8 copper.
Not good 😦

I shampoos the hair again and put conditioner on the mid lengths and ends and used 8.1-1.2% toner on the roots.

My client chose this time to tell me she had had an operation recently and was on meds.

Anyway the 8.1 started to lift.

I rinsed and dried and the client was happy but it was a complete nightmare

Ah no bless you ! Hope it all turned out ok in the end xx

I shaved up the back of a mans head not realising there was no clipper guard on the clippers... And dyed another mans hair purple as I left his toner on too long... Not quite the "eminem" look he was going for lol!!!

Similar happened to me years ago, but was an accident! I was cutting a client's son hair, and as i was cutting the side, the clipper guard fell off causing a bald patch:o when i checked the clipper, i realized that one side of the guard was damaged from a drop, when i told my boss, she told me she new it and didn't bother to buy a new one or at least tell, her only answer was "you should've been carefull!":evil: How the hell would i guess that it was broken?? Luckily it was a small patch and after i apologised, he was a sweet and told me not to worry and we decided to go shorter. No one at home noticed the incident, but i was really angry at my boss for charging the haircut!

He is one of my best friends today, and does't even remember the incident, but i was really ashamed, specially on a packed day!:o

Another one:D One day one of my false nails came out and flew in front of the client while i was blow drying her hair:lol: she didn't realize anything though, but i've learn the lesson!:o

I love this thread it's soooo funny.
Once when I was drying my clients hair, I turned around to look at someone entering the salon and put my dryer under my arm while it was still on. It made a massive bang, a flame shot out of the end where the wire meets the machine. It proceeded to singe lots of my hair on one side and blew the electrics in the full shop ! I was mortified and close to tears :(
Ended up having my hair cut off shorter on one side. On the plus side though at least it wasn't my client !

Careful when you wrap cords around your dryer and irons when you put them away. It tugs on them at the base and eventually they can explode. Im not saying this is why this happened to you, but it would happen a lot when i worked at a big salon.

One thing I hate when clients bring there kids into the salon and let them run riot and when your cutting the kids hairs they sit and read mag while your struggling. I was cutting this little boys hair and he wouldn't keep still he was throwing the gown over his head bouncing up and down on the chair I'm there trying to cut his hair took a snip and cut a massive chunk off my finger put it this way the skin off my finger was on the end of my scissors I just felt the blood draining from my face and has to sit down felt faint and the mother said ohh Freddie to her son couldn't belive it my finger was so sore for weeks my boss hadto finish the cut lol not much of a misstake xx

[QUOTE=Chantelle this is why I refuse to do kids hair. Unless I know them personally so able to be stricter with them behaviour wise. Last time I did a walk-in little s**t i cut half my knuckle off...at the beginning of the haircut too.

It's not worth the money or the hastle lol if they don't sit still ! X

I've never had a massive issue with kids, we had one years ago his dad had to pin him down just to grade all over as scissors was too dangerous for both, I dreaded first time I had to do him, but I see the funny side to everything so found it amusing anyone would think we were tourchering (cannot spell that for the life of me, might not be a word) the poor lad, but we ignored his cry's and eventually he'd calm down, this was my realisation, we're stranger to kids, and we have scary scissor hands, and cut they're hair off they are taught all they're life so far that scissors are dangerous and hurt then bring them to us..... So I pretends they're not crying or upset and keep asking about school, best friends, games they play, favourite program and why, they don't answer but they calm down, if you can make them laugh then thats it your in lol.

Careful when you wrap cords around your dryer and irons when you put them away. It tugs on them at the base and eventually they can explode. Im not saying this is why this happened to you, but it would happen a lot when i worked at a big salon.

This is exactly what I think happened, I was forever telling the assistants not to wrap my hair dryer cord and they used to put it in the slot handle first lol. No amount of reminding them would stop it, I started to take it home in the end but it was obviously too late ;) I've still not gotten over my hair :( ha ha ha xx

Chantelle this is why I refuse to do kids hair. Unless I know them personally so able to be stricter with them behaviour wise. Last time I did a walk-in little s**t i cut half my knuckle off...at the beginning of the haircut too.[/quote said:
I've sat and watched things like this while I've been in the hairdressers and cannot understand why the parents allow their kids to act like this! Do they want their kids to have a lopsided haircut?! Not to mention someone getting cut with the scissors or clippers?!

Just fort I'd tell u about a new client that my boss had she rang up and said the salon that she used to go to it was too far for her to travel she said that the salon had wrote down the colours she has because the loved the colour so the client turned up and showed my boss the piece of paper she said are you sure Because it looks a totally different colour the client said I'm sure that's the colour I want so she did the colour the client rang back up the next day and said her hair was pink so the client came back in it had a slight tinge of pink so she removed the colour and put the colour she fort was correct and the client has been over the moon since the other salon must of done in on purpose :-/ xx

[QUOTE=Chantelle
Oh no :-/ I definitely would have showed her the colour book! X

She did lol but she was having none of it lolxx

Well what a week I've had, abit quiet a couple days..
Tuesday, was sitting eating my lunch at my friends when my phone rang. As soon as I saw the name I knew.
I was meant to be at her house!!
I must have booked her in when I didn't have a pen! Got there in 10minutes!
I had a knot in my stomach the rest of the day praying I'd not forgotten anybody else. Went through my messages, phone calls, facebook. Or so I thought...
Thursday didn't have a client till 11 so 10.20 i was ligged in bed when I got a text 'have you got lost haha'
ID DONE IT AGAIN!!!
I was nearly crying on the phone to her. I'd wondered why I was quiet, I got to her asap!
They were both so nice about it an laughing but I gave them a discount and didn't stop apologising its never happened before then twice in one week! :-0
So NEVER book a client in when you do not have a pen to write it down straight away!!!
So glad this week is nearly over! X

Well what a week I've had, abit quiet a couple days..
Tuesday, was sitting eating my lunch at my friends when my phone rang. As soon as I saw the name I knew.
I was meant to be at her house!!
I must have booked her in when I didn't have a pen! Got there in 10minutes!
I had a knot in my stomach the rest of the day praying I'd not forgotten anybody else. Went through my messages, phone calls, facebook. Or so I thought...
Thursday didn't have a client till 11 so 10.20 i was ligged in bed when I got a text 'have you got lost haha'
ID DONE IT AGAIN!!!
I was nearly crying on the phone to her. I'd wondered why I was quiet, I got to her asap!
They were both so nice about it an laughing but I gave them a discount and didn't stop apologising its never happened before then twice in one week! :-0
So NEVER book a client in when you do not have a pen to write it down straight away!!!
So glad this week is nearly over! X

That's quite funny ! Well now can imaging your panic lol well start over Monday , and I have learned always carry a pen lol Xxx

That's quite funny ! Well now can imaging your panic lol well start over Monday , and I have learned always carry a pen lol Xxx

Haha ive booked monday off! Wedding hair tomorrow so ill relax after that! Dreamt i slept in for it last night, argh!!
My cars full of pencils, they've all migrated there from the house! I wont do it again!! Dear o dear xx

Latest posts

Back