Learn from each other's mistakes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha these have got me in stitches! Fab tread :)

I haven't had too many thankfully.

I once was supposed to mix 8 + 20vol for regrowth... Was almost finished applying and thought it looked a strange greenie brown, ran to check the tube and I'd only mixed up a bloody 3 by mistake eeek!!!

Another time when i had just qualified, a colleague asked me to mix them 9 + 6 ... For their blonde client with grey roots, yup I mixed 6 + 9% lol that went a nasty green too!

I've cut an ear, sliced a wrinkle in a little old ladies neck (weirdly never bled), shaved up the back of a LADIES head minus a guard, and at college did a full head spatula hls ... which bled horrifically haha got a right telling off for that!

Funniest for me was this right little bratty 6yr old having a Steven Gerard, I had finished his hair, he wriggled like mad and I had cut my finger, so I put my tools down and asked a colleague to take the bill while a got a plaster, next thing I hear screams ... The little bugger had picked up my scissors and lopped off a huge chunk of his hair right at the front ... I think I actually smiled as I shaved his whole head haha. God I sound evil :s

I think for hair up you've got to enjoy it to be creative and use your imagination. Practise makes perfect :) i taught myself have always loved it but my friend hates it, cant even do a french plait and doesnt want to either!
Shes still a fantastic hairdresser. I dont do perms n dont feel im missing out! Xx

I've had a mistake today and can't figure it out. Luckily on my own hair haha. I had my hair coloured a nice brown with a few bleach packets ( fully intending to bring them back down to an ashy slate kinda base 8)
So rinsed and the foils had lifted to a lovely tangy shade of peach so reapplied a demo consisting of half 7/1 and half 8/1 (ash) and an 2 inch of 0/88 (blue intensifier). Fully in my head I was expecting it either to go very right and be a very dull bluey greyish colour. Or go horribly wrong and go denim blue... It did neither and has gone a dark lilac mauve where the foils were. BAFFLED. Anyone??

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1365549458.317249.jpg

I've had a mistake today and can't figure it out. Luckily on my own hair haha. I had my hair coloured a nice brown with a few bleach packets ( fully intending to bring them back down to an ashy slate kinda base 8)
So rinsed and the foils had lifted to a lovely tangy shade of peach so reapplied a demo consisting of half 7/1 and half 8/1 (ash) and an 2 inch of 0/88 (blue intensifier). Fully in my head I was expecting it either to go very right and be a very dull bluey greyish colour. Or go horribly wrong and go denim blue... It did neither and has gone a dark lilac mauve where the foils were. BAFFLED. Anyone??

View attachment 32401

When you say peach was it more red or orange? X

Oh when i was training..
i used to use my pintail Comb to fold the foil. Forgot to wipe it and ended up with light brown lines in my blonde foils!
Luckily only i could tell and ive never done it since!!

Cut then blowed a girls hair (about 8years but loadz of hair!) she went swimming often and had that lovely shine chlorine makes on the ends! it must have been really damaged as a section literally burnt off on my brush!!! i gave her some choppy layers at the back..
Always ask about swimming when i see that sheen now!!

Not my mistake but My boss did some bleach roots and missed a quarter of her head, i noticed at the backwash! Managed to finish colour without having to inform client. Lesson, always check through after application!

View attachment 32401

Red and blue make purple :) maybe there was still too much warmth in there? X

When you say peach was it more red or orange? X

Very light peach as in as close to yellow as yellow could be. If it had been even nearly red I would have got that cos red and blue make purple. But it was light enough to make me not doubt my colour choice haha

View attachment 32401

Red and blue make purple :) maybe there was too much warmth left in?

Silly phone wrote it twice!X

Very light peach as in as close to yellow as yellow could be. If it had been even nearly red I would have got that cos red and blue make purple. But it was light enough to make me not doubt my colour choice haha

Hmmmm an odd one x

No idea lol! X

Hmmmm an odd one x

I know. Turns out I actually quite like it. In real life it's quite a deep pastelly mauve. Think Kelly osbourne haha. Mabye shoulda bleached the foils a bit whiter first to give it a better chance to overtone to a slate. Meh. I contemplated fudging with 10/0 with a few inches of 1/1 but never actually done it but hear folk from other colour lines doing it :-/

Mistake though it may be, it's a very nice colour! :D

Mistake though it may be, it's a very nice colour! :D

I know right. To start with I was like URGH. FLUPPIN PURPLE.
And thinkin what a pest to have to get it coloured tomoro again. But the more I see it it's grown on me. It just bugs me when something goes differently to how I anticipated haha

I know right. To start with I was like URGH. FLUPPIN PURPLE.
And thinkin what a pest to have to get it coloured tomoro again. But the more I see it it's grown on me. It just bugs me when something goes differently to how I anticipated haha

Is /88 very blue base? I'm thinking, my only way of offering an idea, is the blue neutralised very well leaving the purple tone too strong on how light it was to develop and grab, but should have gone very steel metal grey if anything... Checked the tubes? Or red was underlying within the hair and mixed with blue? Or no idea. Lol

/88 is green blue /8 calibrated

Wow, you lot have really made me laugh this morning!

I once cut a mans ear whilst I was cutting round his ear and he sneezed!

Not really a mistake, just more embarrassing for me really but I'd just got with my now boyfriend and had stayed round his the night before!!
Next day at work was washing a clients hair and was in a daydream about the night before when she yelped and said I was digging my nails in a bit!!!!

Whoops!! Didn't tell her why!

At college I wound a perfect perm and was really pleased with myself, applied the lotion, checked the curl after 10 mins to realise I'd applied neutraliser not the perm lotion. I failed that assessment!

In my early days I've pulled hair too short through a cap and given them spots!

Wow, you lot have really made me laugh this morning!

I once cut a mans ear whilst I was cutting round his ear and he sneezed!

Not really a mistake, just more embarrassing for me really but I'd just got with my now boyfriend and had stayed round his the night before!!
Next day at work was washing a clients hair and was in a daydream about the night before when she yelped and said I was digging my nails in a bit!!!!

Whoops!! Didn't tell her why!

At college I wound a perfect perm and was really pleased with myself, applied the lotion, checked the curl after 10 mins to realise I'd applied neutraliser not the perm lotion. I failed that assessment!

In my early days I've pulled hair too short through a cap and given them spots!
hahahaha at the shampooing bit!:D xxx

Is /88 very blue base? I'm thinking, my only way of offering an idea, is the blue neutralised very well leaving the purple tone too strong on how light it was to develop and grab, but should have gone very steel metal grey if anything... Checked the tubes? Or red was underlying within the hair and mixed with blue? Or no idea. Lol

It's just fudges mixtones. 088-blue intensifier.
It was defo the blue haha. I'm thinkin the blonde foils were surely just not blonde enough to go steely. Oh well ill know for next time if I want that to leave the foils on a bit longer haha

Latest posts

Back