Legs and me don't go! Waxing problem!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kittens

Reaction score
I had a client in today for whole leg, bikini and u/arm wax today, she's one of my regulars but hasn't had the whole waxing done with me before. Anyway, I started on her lower leg and covered the whole front of leg with wax, as I usually would, but then it wouldn't come off with the fabric strip!!!! I was totally mortified - it did come off eventually but not without much effort and sweating on my part... I use the roller system so I then switched to my wax pot and used that on a small strip of her other leg, and although it came off, again it didn't come off easily. I had to apologise profusely and advise I couldn't carry on with the treatment as I couldn't understand why it wasn't removing quick enough. She was very good about it but I felt totally embarrassed and also naffed off that she will now go to another salon and I may possibly lose her.

I feel so gutted as I really don't know what to put it down to, so I can avoid this in the future. I had my wax at the usual temp and even did my own legs yesterday and that was fine.... she isn't on medication and nothing came up during consultation... I cleansed first.....what did I do wrong?? :o

sounds like it had cooled on her? some people have cold legs and hands naturally and those can be prone to the wax cooling quickly on the leg. Next time do it in smaller areas and GENTLY but quickly rub the strip to warm it before you take it off however be careful! rub too much and you'll graze your hand if not wearing gloves ( i do wear gloves so i dont worry about it).

tigi

sounds like it had cooled on her? some people have cold legs and hands naturally and those can be prone to the wax cooling quickly on the leg. Next time do it in smaller areas and GENTLY but quickly rub the strip to warm it before you take it off however be careful! rub too much and you'll graze your hand if not wearing gloves ( i do wear gloves so i dont worry about it).

tigi

Thanks tigi, when she arrived she said she really hot and she didn't feel cold. I'll def work in smaller sections next time, I'm actually dreading the next one after this :cry:

Aside from what's been said, it could have been:-

-She's applied body lotion and you didn't remove it all when you cleansed.
-Her skin was very dry so it would help to apply a little oil beforehand
-Try a paper strip

This has happened to me before. Once, the wax just clumped on the leg and came off of the strip back onto the leg- nightmare.

I have found thet the client has usually showered using an oil or moisturised shower gel, so if I know that, I pay particuar attention to wiping over the area with surgical spirit in abundence, and on occasion, have used the dreaded talc powder on top of that!

I also find it comes off much easier with paper strips too

hope this helps

it always happens if the clients skin is dry. especially around the knees and ankles.fabric strips are a nightmare, paper ones are so much easier and if it does go cold on the skin rub really fast and firm. Apply smaller sections , enogh for 5 removals and it wont go cold so quick. Also what wa are you using ?

I'm using the clean n easy normal wax i.e not sensitive or hemp..... I will def try the paper strips in future! That also happened re the wax coming off the strip back to the clients leg, it was just grim! Thanks for your comments and advice... it's good to know I'm not the only person this has happened to xx

I have used the C&E system since it came out and I find with the honey wax on some clients if they are dry/cold or both the wax dries very quickly. I now use the Babyliss Satin Smooth cartridges which fit the heater as it gives you more time. All the clients I had this problem with has now resolved by using this wax.:)

I'm using the clean n easy normal wax i.e not sensitive or hemp..... I will def try the paper strips in future! That also happened re the wax coming off the strip back to the clients leg, it was just grim! Thanks for your comments and advice... it's good to know I'm not the only person this has happened to xx

This happened to me once when I was waxing my underarms. It was VERY painful, lol :irked:

I have used the C&E system since it came out and I find with the honey wax on some clients if they are dry/cold or both the wax dries very quickly. I now use the Babyliss Satin Smooth cartridges which fit the heater as it gives you more time. All the clients I had this problem with has now resolved by using this wax.:)

I'll give this a try, thanks for the tip! She did actually come back for other treatments yesterday and has been really good about it x

Latest posts

Back