Legs really hurting after being waxed...why?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebelrebel

Reaction score
I waxed this ladies legs about 2 and a half weeks ago and yesterday she contacted me and said "why are my legs hurting so much?" she said she has beed exfoliating and moisturising a lot and that makes no difference, the feeling she explained were they feel like they are swelled up but there not and it feels like all the hairs are bursting to get out at once...feels like hundreds of little needles stabbing in her skin...the feelings are not there all the time....she says when she's out walking and its cold she really feels it then. I asked her what it was like when I did them and she says ok for a few days and then it started, the pain is just to over her knees so it is just the area I waxed:irked:

I am not sure what to say to her or how to explain this problem!

Has anyone else ever experienced this? and what could I advise her?

Ruth x

I woud probably advise to stop exfoliating for a while if her legs are actually sore i have really sensitive skin and when mine are sore i couldnt think of anything worse than exfoliating thill they are healed. HTH :)

xxx

Was it the first time she has had a leg wax or a long time since her last one,
and does she have dry skin,

i have dry skin and if i haven't waxed for a while (winter lol) i get this feeling until i have been waxed a couple of times and the hair becomes finer as it is returning,
i just put it down to dry skin and my hair been strong and thick, it does feel like needles from inside the skin and feels worse when wearing jeans or trousers,
hope this helps you to get to the bottom of it for her :hug:

Last edited:
Thanks I have told her to stop the exfoliating and she is going to come back when they need doing again, so thankfully she hasn't been put off:!:

Oh God......aren't them drama queens out there????

Sounds like you did a great job and her skin is very dry. xxx

lol Kim, yep there are some wusses out there arent there lol
:hug:

Lol i was going to say my legs feel like that ... i waxed mine about 2 weeks ago....

Champagne>>>>>hangs head in shame & is a Drama Queen lmaooooooooooooooo

Lol i was going to say my legs feel like that ... i waxed mine about 2 weeks ago....

Champagne>>>>>hangs head in shame & is a Drama Queen lmaooooooooooooooo

LOL Try applying oil under the wax next time and let us know if it feels and better.:hug:

Did you ask if she is using perfumed bubble bath or bath oils? That could be causing irritation

Meriden x

Latest posts

Back