Lets have a bit more thought!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fats28

Reaction score
I've read 2 threads today and thought ouch how would I feel if I was the tech involved. Did agree with the thread starter in both cases, it just might be better if instead of us making no doubt whose work we were having a go at, we just considered a mo how it would make us all feel to suddenly happen on people we didn't know commenting on what we'd done. I know how it would make me feel - pretty upset. Just my opinion geeks, this site may turn into many things we can't control all good I hope, but lets not turn it into somewhere annonymous people are ripped to bits without them asking for it.

I've read 2 threads today and thought ouch how would I feel if I was the tech involved. Did agree with the thread starter in both cases, it just might be better if instead of us making no doubt whose work we were having a go at, we just considered a mo how it would make us all feel to suddenly happen on people we didn't know commenting on what we'd done. I know how it would make me feel - pretty upset. Just my opinion geeks, this site may turn into many things we can't control all good I hope, but lets not turn it into somewhere annonymous people are ripped to bits without them asking for it.

I agree, I wouldn't like to think, if I wasn't a member on here, and came on by chance that I found others ripping my work to shreads without asking them too.

I have a situation at my other work (not nail related), where my boss's daughter is a beautician and nail tech and my boss is always trying to diss me and my work, and yes it hurts and no it's not nice and yes I get upset, although not about my work because my work colleagues opt to come to me not her daughter. Good that I've got the work but not nice when someone is trying to ruin your reputation, especially if it doesn't warrant it.

Sorry have only just logged on so not sure what I have missed :|

not alot Lell thats the point ! LOL

I just think that theres lots of geeks who post photos on here who would welcome coments & criticisms so they can improve. Why not help them out instead of criticising work that we haven't been asked to comment on? JMO folks

I agree!!! I don't want to start ranting again as I'll never stop! Great thread! x x x

I agree, I would be gutted to have my nails ripped to shreds, newbie or ten years experienced. I watched one of the threads this afternoon with interest, but chose to stay out of it as I always end up putting my foot in it! If someone is openly asking for critique then fair enough, but otherwise I think, If i cant think of something civil/polite/nice to say then I'll say nothing at all :o)

probably on about the OK mag nails on Kerry Katona... which were really bad nails.... the tech did them and they looked pants...in a national magazine which EVERYONE reads and scrutinises and comments on. The poster just made a comment on a nails forum that the nails looked crap... which they did... just buy the mag and then you can c! Oh, some people think that techs shouldn't comment on nails that are put in these magazines... no they didn't ask for critique but they are sure gonna get it aren't they!

probably on about the OK mag nails on Kerry Katona... which were really bad nails.... the tech did them and they looked pants...in a national magazine which EVERYONE reads and scrutinises and comments on. The poster just made a comment on a nails forum that the nails looked crap... which they did... just buy the mag and then you can c! Oh, some people think that techs shouldn't comment on nails that are put in these magazines... no they didn't ask for critique but they are sure gonna get it aren't they!

Yes I agree that they are going to get it all I'm saying is we have no idea who did those nails. It might be one of us on an off day whose being debated without asking to be, it might be better if these things were generalised about rather picking one specific set to criticise. I know what you are saying and as I said I agreed with both posters, its just how would you or I feel if we'd done nails for a mag (I wish:lol: ) dragged ourselves to do them poorly or whatever, then log in here to find everyone saying they were rubbish?

I just think i would be gutted, it could have been any situation, only half an hour spare, a newbie tech friend, anything like that

I do think it is unprofessional for a nail tech to slate other peoples work on here But I do also think that in this instance the public will see these pictures and well lets say make up their own mind on how good her tech is.

I do think it is unprofessional for a nail tech to slate other peoples work on here But I do also think that in this instance the public will see these pictures and well lets say make up their own mind on how good her tech is.

You are right Lelli as usual hun:hug:

Yes of course they are, for sure, but by who, my friend who knows zip about nails wouldn't comment on them, she wouldn't notice the same way I wouldn't comment on her eyebrow shape because I am not qualified to do so nor particularly care, her clothes etc, would be a different matter as I can see what I like or don't.

I find myself looking at everyone's nails now on the telly, magazines, out and about..............
I love nails and interested in what other people get done, if they are pants then I THINK they are pants, I just don't say it, but then each to their own

As with most tabloid newspapers and magazines, the publishers will only be interested in how many copies have been shifted, not who or what is in there.

i have just read the article that goes with that pic and Kerry was asked what she would do the night before the wedding and she says SHE will be sticking some false nails on and getting a false tan....so she may well have done just that...

Ordinarily, I would agree that it's uncharitable of us to critique negatively about a set of nails upon which we were not invited to critique.

HOWEVER, these were on the cover of a magazine.
If one is going to do the nails of a public persona, one should expect that people will be checking out the details and that they are inviting themselves to be critiqued.
If you don't want to leave yourself open to such critiques, then don't put your work out there for all to see.

Having said that, some things/posts could have been thought out a bit more before opinions were shared.
While this isn't a member of geek (as far as we know), we should still apply geek rules when commenting on this picture.
And show a certain amount of respect for the technician of whom we know nothing.

We should comment in the same manner as we would for a member seeking CONSTRUCTIVE critiques, respectfully.

I do not think we should 'not' post such pictures and critique them. It's a great learning tool. Again, if that technician did not wish to invite our opinions, then he/she should not do enhancements for those in the public eye. OR on anyone for that matter.

BUT, we should do so RESPECTFULLY and COURTEOUSLY and CONSTRUCTIVELY.

:hug:

Ordinarily, I would agree that it's uncharitable of us to critique negatively about a set of nails upon which we were not invited to critique.

HOWEVER, these were on the cover of a magazine.
If one is going to do the nails of a public persona, one should expect that people will be checking out the details and that they are inviting themselves to be critiqued.
If you don't want to leave yourself open to such critiques, then don't put your work out there for all to see.

Having said that, some things/posts could have been thought out a bit more before opinions were shared.
While this isn't a member of geek (as far as we know), we should still apply geek rules when commenting on this picture.
And show a certain amount of respect for the technician of whom we know nothing.

We should comment in the same manner as we would for a member seeking CONSTRUCTIVE critiques, respectfully.

I do not think we should 'not' post such pictures and critique them. It's a great learning tool. Again, if that technician did not wish to invite our opinions, then he/she should not do enhancements for those in the public eye. OR on anyone for that matter.

BUT, we should do so RESPECTFULLY and COURTEOUSLY and CONSTRUCTIVELY.

:hug:

Here here well said :)

imo they are probably just stick ons like Angie put Kerry had her baby today and with being heavily pregnant probably didn't feel like sitting for long to have her nails done.

mabey kerry is a DIYer and mabey she thinks they look great (adds a new twist to the convo lol )

mabey kerry is a DIYer and mabey she thinks they look great (adds a new twist to the convo lol )
well said emma, there are lots of diy`rs about :lol:

Latest posts

Back