lifting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

julie.castle3

Reaction score
hi, can someone tell me, i'm having a bit of a problem with lifting. i am doing my prep with cuticle remover, removing the non living tissue from the nail plate, using scrub fresh, but i've noticed that some of my clients are getting lifting. if the product lifts after a week or two would you say that this is a prep problem or would the product lift before this if it was? please help as it is driving me mad! thanx julie

Hi Julie,

Make sure your product is not touching the skin too as this can casue lifting quickly.

Do a search on 'lifting' you'll find loads & loads of threads to help.

xx

i was thinking the same thing as bev. if you are sure that your prep is thorough could it be possible that the product is touching the skin?
applying cuticle oil can also help prevent this so your clients need to be applying this themselves not just when they are having their nails done.xx

Are you sure you remove the cuticle remover with a blend of water and citrusoak (sp?)?

C.

hi, can someone tell me, i'm having a bit of a problem with lifting. i am doing my prep with cuticle remover, removing the non living tissue from the nail plate, using scrub fresh, but i've noticed that some of my clients are getting lifting. if the product lifts after a week or two would you say that this is a prep problem or would the product lift before this if it was? please help as it is driving me mad! thanx julie

If you're sure that your prep is ok, then the next step should be to look at how you're applying your product.

Are you working too wet or too dry?

Are you making sure that you're pressing down the product firmly enough in zone three?

This used to be my problem, but all of a sudden once I started making sure I was pressing down firm enough, my lifting pretty much went away.

If you're sure that your prep is ok, then the next step should be to look at how you're applying your product.

Are you working too wet or too dry?

Are you making sure that you're pressing down the product firmly enough in zone three?

This used to be my problem, but all of a sudden once I started making sure I was pressing down firm enough, my lifting pretty much went away.

This is what i was going to say.....are you applying a thin layer at zone 3 (cuticle)????...if its not then that can lift the product......also as lucy-jayne has said......make sure you press it down firmly in zone 3 asthough you want to make it stick !!!!!!...xx

maybe you can go through your prep with us or if you know its not prep tell us what you are doing in zone 3 maybe we can help

i would check that you are doing what cec said ....cuticle remover needs to be rinsed off with soap and water. I had a lifting problem when i first started and found that it was not doing this that was causing it. i switched to using cuticle eraser as this can be removed just by using scrubfresh....not that it does the job any less better its just i prefer it now...i still use the remover if a client is new and has alot of cuticle to get rid of (i have a pump of soapy water at the table for this use)...just make sure it is thoroughly dry after you have washed it off.
HTH's

also as lucy-jayne has said......make sure you press it down firmly in zone 3 asthough you want to make it stick !!!!!!...xx

That's exactly what I wanted to say but couldn't get it into words. Almost like, 'you'd better stay where I put you!'

I always think something like that when I do it!

I've had the same problem, good thread and advise, thanks!! :)

i have been using the cuticle remover, then using scrub fresh to remove it. i did wonder whether this was the cause so i have started to use the citri soak and water to remove the cuticle remover first. then using the scrubfresh before applying my product.i dont know whether its worked as i have not had any clients that i tried this on returned yet.

Latest posts

Back