Lights for spray tanning booth???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I strap a torch to my head.

The disposable knickers are also useful for keeping it on ...just the right amount of stretch without messing up your hair.

I strap a torch to my head.

good for close up work :lol:

But why not go the whole caboodle and wear a minors hat...good lighting and ample protection if the roof falls on your head :eek::eek::lol:

Hi,
I use one of those headlamps, keeps your hands free and lights up where you need to look. Gives the clients a laugh when I warn them that "I am going in" must admit it's not too glamorous though.
Have a look on number1kitty's website, at the trade store she does one for under a tenner, also Shadez do one, more expensive, I bought one of him when I replaced my gun. Havent used it yet but have a couple of late bookings this week at clients where the lighting is not too good so should have used it by the end of the week.

Regards
Good Luck
Nikki

I've got one from Ikea which looks exactly the same and cost me £2.59 (Lagra spotlight) it takes a low energy bulb......I didnt buy it for my tanning tent though, would anyone be able to tell me if it would be safe to use (taking all the necessary precautions of course).

Thanks, Lou x

I'm wanting to purchase some kind of lighting also for my mobile tanning and wonder if anyone knows of the best place to buy a portable free standing lamp as I don't really want the ones that you clip on to the tent.

Thanks

Jackie :)

I'm wanting to purchase some kind of lighting also for my mobile tanning and wonder if anyone knows of the best place to buy a portable free standing lamp as I don't really want the ones that you clip on to the tent.

Thanks

Jackie :)

Hi - am thinking about lighting for my tanning as well - if you don't mind me asking why did u not want the clip on lights?

"Hi - am thinking about lighting for my tanning as well - if you don't mind me asking why did u not want the clip on lights?"

I just thought it would be much easier for me to carry around just one lamp where I can adjust the height up and down and position it wherever I feel it gives the best light.

It won't always be needed but it would be good to have something just in case.

Jackie x

Hi, can i ask for people that use the clip on lights for their tanning tents is one light enough or do you feed it beneficial to use 2, one for either side of the tent.
We had a taning party for our friends last night to build up our expeirence and the lighting wasn't great, even though we have floor lamps aimed at the tent, there was quite a lot of shadows.

Thanks in advance
(Im thinking about buying the clip on one from amazon)

I just bought 2 inspections clip on lights from Asda for £3 each they have quite a long lead which is fab they arent to heavy and really light up the tent.
I tried with one but decided using both would be better.

It was so much better no shadows at all:hug:

At the risk of sounding daft...can I still use a clip on light if the roof of my tent doesnt come off? I got mine from LA Tanning & the instructions say you can remove the plastic roof using the toggles but there are definetly no toggles & the clear plastic is well sewn on to the black - honestly! Its obiously a different model from the instructions (which say Sienna X on them).
......I dont want to set my first client on fire - especially as it's my mum!:lol:

No I wouldnt as the heat of the bulb can burn through the plastic and if the tent is not flame retardent (which they should be by law, but some are dubious so its not worth the risk) then you will have your self a big nylon fireball lol! (maybe not funny whilst stood in the tent).

You can clip them to the inside of the opening and this allows light in but can hit your clients eyes with the light.

Alternativly use either LED lights as has been suggested they apparently don't get too hot or cut out the roof so lights can be applied at the top.

Whilst a fire is extremely rare - its always best to air on the side of caution.

Kate

Thanks! I picked up an Aldi calalouge today & it has great little LED work lights on a small hook so I think I'll invest in them as at £5.99 you cant go wrong! (....who said the Scottish were tight :lol:!)

Hi guys, I've got a fake bake tent which has a clear plastic roof which is sealed, so guessing I cant use clip ons.
At the risk of being slapped :lol: do we really need these if we are spraying correctly?? The only reason I'd think u'd need one is if you were doing a custom tan (dunno if this is correct term lol e.g putting in stomach muscles and the like!)
xx

Hi guys, I've got a fake bake tent which has a clear plastic roof which is sealed, so guessing I cant use clip ons.
At the risk of being slapped :lol: do we really need these if we are spraying correctly?? The only reason I'd think u'd need one is if you were doing a custom tan (dunno if this is correct term lol e.g putting in stomach muscles and the like!)
xx

Its contour tanning :green:!!

I think - even though we know its going on right, some of us like to have the reassurance of seeing that its all even. Some people have really bad lighting in their houses and hotels especially have awful mood lighting, so it helps to have an extra light source. You also have to consider the health & safety for your eyes, so if you do a lot of tans in a poorly lit room it could mean straining your eyes, but they are not essential.

Kate x

The suntana web site has lights for sale and I have thought about this, but I have to say I like the idea of wearing a head light, no it's not very glam but, I'm thinking this way, 1, the light is going to be just where you want it, 2, you're not going to get as much over spray on it because it's going to always be behind the gun and 3, no fire hazard from closed in roofing etc. So I'm going to sport the extremely fetching, head light bonnet, I think it will blend quiet well with my customers oh so flattering hair net and paper knickers :green:
Don't worry Collin, I'm sure B&Q sell these!!

The suntana web site has lights for sale and I have thought about this, but I have to say I like the idea of wearing a head light, no it's not very glam but, I'm thinking this way, 1, the light is going to be just where you want it, 2, you're not going to get as much over spray on it because it's going to always be behind the gun and 3, no fire hazard from closed in roofing etc. So I'm going to sport the extremely fetching, head light bonnet, I think it will blend quiet well with my customers oh so flattering hair net and paper knickers :green:
Don't worry Collin, I'm sure B&Q sell these!!

Now thats a good idea, but I just couldnt sport wearing one! Wondering if you can stick it to the top of your gun, or sellotape a torch on :green:! Then you get light right where you need it.....

Now there's a design idea Kate....dragon's den anyone???
Posted via Mobile Device

Latest posts

Back