Line out is it lazy or any help at all ? as I try so hard to get rid of that line

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minky

Reaction score
Hi, Ive seen on a couple of threads about line out is for lazy techs
but why do they make line out if no one really uses it ?

I was thinking of buying some as I have followed Geegs tutorial and tried and tried to get all the nail free of lifting but on some nails I still the teeniest bit a of white line .:cry:
It takes me ages and then I end up with a tiny bit of product left on the nail which may have been quicker to soak off

So would it still be lazy it if line out helped ?
does line out work ?
and what is it made from could I use something else ?
I don't want to buy it if its no good as it is quite an expensive product .

I have used Line Out before and it is an OK product but since my application/prepping techniques have improved and I don't see much lifting, I have very little use for it any more

I was thinking of buying some as I have followed Geegs tutorial and tried and tried to get all the nail free of lifting but on some nails I still the teeniest bit a of white line .:cry:
It takes me ages and then I end up with a tiny bit of product left on the nail which may have been quicker to soak off

does line out work ?

If you are getting lifting then you should be rectifiying that before you go for quick fixes. Have a look at your prep and application first. Line Out is basically acetone which will eventually lead you into more problems down the line resulting in service breakdown on your treatments.
David

When I was first starting out I bought such a product and it didn't help me, the line was still there, even after using this wonder product!

Get your prep and application right and you will not need it....honest!

Well I have line out, and I do use it...very occasionally But I do find it handy to have,
Now I don't get lifting on any client as a rule....But I do have the odd client who will come after 3 or 4 weeks and on a nail or two theres a little line I cant fully make disappear, and I know full well if i keep trying I am going too close to getting the natural nail too...I use line out in those circumstances...
and I personally don't think it makes me lazy,

If I was getting lifting on every infil or rebalance that came to me...after the recommended time ..Then I would be worried..But as It's only one off's and the odd nail...I think line out is handy to have..

Correct me if I am wrong... however these types of products are just Cyanoacrylates (adhesive). All you are doing is 'gluing' in a contaminated area that will either 1) reappear or 2) lead to a greenie

All the while creating a weak point in your enhancement.

You are FARRRRRR better off learning to totally remove the lift so you can do a full prep and application again.

HTHs

Sam If the line is reeeally tiny..and you have prepped correctly etc....would this still be possible,
Because maybe backtracking and going on what I just said hahaha (but hey I'm here to learn y'all )

If you really really cant get the little line gone...would it be best to entirely remove the nail ..and just replace ?
I think sometimes it wouldn't actually be visible to the client...but is visible to me...

I thought (yep thought not knew) that as long as prep was thorough etc...it would be fine to do this

~~emmsy considers binning the line out after all lol~~

Those lines can be real buggers, but only because the angle you are blending down from is too steep or the enhancement is too thick - either way sticking adhesive on the line may make it temporarily go away cosmetically - but at the cost of a greenie and/or weakness. Of course the smaller the line, the more you decrease the % of a problem, however in the end is it worth it? I bet it's not worth soaking the nail off either!

As frustrating as it is, I would really encourage anyone who comes across this problem to solve the first problem (angle or thickness) before using an adhesive as a shortcut.

HTHs!

Thankyou sweetie...
So with it only being a tiny line (you know the type I mean lol....the microscopic to client but gianormous to nail tech type )

It certainly would be a pain in the bum to soak off...
so what would be best to do for now, until my filing improves in this situation....
Only being the odd one nail...every few sets ..

ooh and it always seems to be near the sidewall where zone 2 meets zone 1 ....
going from there in-towards the centre of the nail...now i come to think about it ???
Do you think thats because they are leaving it so long between appointments the stress area has obviously moved so the stress is lifting it from the nail plate ....omg it all makes sense now :idea:

If this is right...should I still be able to avoid this happening after like 3 weeks, 4 weeks.... or is it me still ?

Hope I am making sense, I have a feeling I have waffling head on....
And I just realised too, I have compleatly hyjacked the thread
I'm sorry minky :hug:

Hi Emmysbabes no I don't mind at all :hug: x
it was actually really helpful
but I always end up filing most of the acrylic off the nail bed ,:eek: which is so time consuming and frustrating
and as you said its just a teeny weeny speck of white but It drives me mad

I am so scared of going to close to the nail bed as I have done this on myself and it was so sore ,
I would hate to do it to a practice model.

I think its is because it was to steep of an an angle and my product may have been too thick as there was a shade difference in colour when I placed the new product over it,
it looked far more transparent than the older product ,

so I am really glad I asked
I am grateful to all who have answered the questions about this line out product
thank you all :hug: x you have all been really helpful x

getting rid of lines has been discussed before (filing in front of the line etc), but it's not just about this, it's about the grit of your file and the angle you use it on.

Most peeps are accidentally quite aggressive about line removal, if you have a more gentle approach, often it works better. The harder you press the more your file will clog (and the less effective it will be).

All these runny glue solutions (thats all they are) are a quick fix, they discolor and weaken the structure of the enhancement. You are better of to have patience and be more skilled with your filing technique, each time you file successfully, you will remember this angle, this pressure and learn from it for future reference.

There will be the "gods" who have no lifting, but to us mere mortals it does happen every now and then.

If you are getting lifting then you should be rectifiying that before you go for quick fixes. Have a look at your prep and application first. Line Out is basically acetone which will eventually lead you into more problems down the line resulting in service breakdown on your treatments.
David

Correct me if I am wrong... however these types of products are just Cyanoacrylates (adhesive). All you are doing is 'gluing' in a contaminated area that will either 1) reappear or 2) lead to a greenie

All the while creating a weak point in your enhancement.

You are FARRRRRR better off learning to totally remove the lift so you can do a full prep and application again.

HTHs
Have to agree with everyone so far, it is much better to look at technique for the answers and solutions to lifting.

And just thought I would point out that there are acetone based 'line erasers' like David has said; Aswell as the adhesive types.

The acetone based versions are designed to be used very sparingly only on lifted area... ie that super thin line that is a bugger to remove. It makes the area brittle and therefore easier to file away.

I have found that the side wall lifting that you can't get rid of generally occurs when the product is too thick.......thin the middle of the nail right down......you know, where that peak is that's causing the lifting and you'll be able to deal with it.....it may take some filing....but makes you remember not to apply product so zealously in future rebalances!

If it ain't happening, thin the nail wrap and remove....by the time you've finished the other 9 it will be ready to go!

OK.
If you are just starting out then by all means use this.
BUT I think it can mask any problems you may have with your prep and application.
You need to work on that before you are going to get a good result.
I would never, ever say DON'T. BUT sometimes you have to try and think it will make life easier before you realise the truth.
It is acetone basically that melts the tips but unfortunately it doesn't always do it in a great way.
The only way is to learn and practice over and over until it bores you.
But tbh its really the only way to learn mate as so many of us have done x

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think the "lineout" she is talking about it the stuff you run under any lifting to hide it, not that stuff for blending in tips.

The right name is tip blender...... acetone base it does work on small lift, but you have to give it time to soften the acrylic, so why not learn better file technique and save money.

Line out...... Cyanoacrylates with a Little more wetting agent than nail glue to aid with spreading, of course it work It's glue and ya it make the line disappear.
one may even say that OK so if we can take acrylic and go over wrap or silk which is Cyanoacrylates than why can we go over line out.

What is rule number 1 when it come to proper prep clean clean clean nail. You can't clean under lift area, poor adhesion equal to weak link in enhancement.

If you think that primer make acrylic yellow......... Try this, take a clear tip brush on a coat of resin (Cyanoacrylates) now sparingly put some primer on it than you will see what yellow is.

LINE OUT THE DOOR:!:...... lol

Joseph Pham
Guest Artist/Team Absolute :green:

Well I have line out, and I do use it...very occasionally But I do find it handy to have

Me too. I use it maybe once in every 10 sets of infills. I've had mine for about 18months !!! And it does what it says on the bottle.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Correct me if I am wrong, but I think the "lineout" she is talking about it the stuff you run under any lifting to hide it, not that stuff for blending in tips.

Yes you're right Carl I'm confusing it with tip blender sorry hun :lol:
Both lineout and tip blender I have classed as useless items that I bought and found I didn't need once I "got it".

i have a bottle of milleniums line out stuff somewhere i think - i used to use it when i used their products as i had more lifting.... interestingly now i use creative i don't get lifting therefore no line removal needed, no line out stuff needed and NO nasty INFILL LINE - yyyyyyyyiiiiipppppeeeee!:lol:

MMMMMMMMmmmmmm maybe the L&P i now use is better????

does line out work ?

Line Out contains inhibited ester monomers and is not a glue or acetone. It does not encourage infections and isgreat when used properly on very small areas of lifted product that is difficult to get rid of. Surely we all get them now and again) Whats wrong with making life easier?

Latest posts

Back