Local Nail Tech Course - not good!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jax

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

As usual have mainly been lurking rather than posting but thought I would post about how really awful my training has been of late, so bad in fact that I have packed it in and have enrolled in a Creative course starting in April. Have lost the money I paid but I would rather that, than practice really awful techniques using virtually non existent hygiene practices.

Thank god for this site - I might not have known the difference otherwise:eek:

I'm just astounded that my local beauty college is soooo far behind the times, and the worrying thing is that they are churning out literally hundreds of nail techs a year.

Had to really weigh up the pros and cons of Ezflow v's Creative but the bottom line was the training sounded more comprehensive with Creative and comprehensive is what i need right now.

Role on April so I can get started.........again.:)

Hi Jax,

Where about in Scotland r u? I'm from Fife and the processes they are using at my 2 nearest colleges are old old old lol

I think this approach can be found at most colleges, one of my friends who is creative trained is going to college for her NVQ and said that the standards in comparison to creative are appalling and she is really having to bite her tongue because she is only doing it for the qualification, good on you for realising the difference and i know you will enjoy and learn loads from your creative course

Such a shame you didn't know before you parted with your cash.

Still you made the best choice by far and there is nothing like the product so have fun and soak it all up and eventually become another GREAT Creative technician.

I saw an ad in my local paper advertising nail courses £150. Thats all it said and someone rang and asked me what I thought. Quick buck was my answer.

Then I have just heard someone else is going to open a room and offer nail courses.

Is this the new trend to start doing nails then teach them?

Will all nails techs need an NVQ at some point in the future? It seems crazy for people to go to a local college which might not be that good just to get a piece of paper!#
ps. Sarah I have PM'd you

You can do your nvq through creative too. Ring your academy and they will advise. It is cheaper to do the nvq with them whilst doing your course.

It is not necessary to have an nvq in UK at the moment but it is a govenment recognised qualification.

You can do your nvq through creative too. Ring your academy and they will advise. It is cheaper to do the nvq with them whilst doing your course.

It is not necessary to have an nvq in UK at the moment but it is a govenment recognised qualification.

Unfortunately this is not available at the Scottish CNA at the moment...but the Course that Jax has booked will also give her a Creative manicure qualification. By all means phone the Scottish CNA for advice regarding this though. HTH

Hi I am new to salon geek. Just wondering, I noticed you mentioned you were going to do the course with Ezflow v's Creative, just looking to see what you thought of it. I would like to do a nail technician course in Scotland but really not sure which courses are best and most benefical. Also not sure what type of nails to study i.e. Acrylic or Backstratchers silk and fiberglass?

Thanks Jax

Will all nails techs need an NVQ at some point in the future? It seems crazy for people to go to a local college which might not be that good just to get a piece of paper!#
ps. Sarah I have PM'd you

Hi Jax

I am sorry to hear you are having a bit of a problem.

Not all college courses are the same I dont know were in Scotland you are darling But I teach in a local college and have 10 years industry experience and I am currently the Scottish Educator for Young Nails.

I hope this helps to put a little faith in the system:hug:

Hi I am new to salon geek. Just wondering, I noticed you mentioned you were going to do the course with Ezflow v's Creative, just looking to see what you thought of it. I would like to do a nail technician course in Scotland but really not sure which courses are best and most benefical. Also not sure what type of nails to study i.e. Acrylic or Backstratchers silk and fiberglass?

Thanks Jax

Hi there....and welcome to the site...this is actually a thread from March 2007!! and Jax has gone on to do a Creative Foundation course in April this year.
Have a read over Sassy's great article on choosing the right training http://www.salongeek.com/training/27430-answer-most-faq-training-should-i-choose.html#post268945 ....and then if you need any further info, you can start your own thread. HTH

Latest posts

Back