Look at this...what do you think!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dessi

Reaction score
blimey!!
cant decide what to say on that one to be honest, except it must be as flat as a pancake, how strange.

Can't say I've come across this before, myself. (????)

Thanks for sharing though, I would be interested to see anyone who knows a little more about this method, see what they have to say.

They look like Boots stick ons to me! :lol: Isn't she just making them really tip heavy and not reinforcing where they need it at all? :eek: :eek:

I like the one better with the diamantes in the advertising banner at the top LOL!

Oooh... I can tell you all about these lol

I went to an open afternoon at my suppliers a few months ago and there was a launch and demonstration of a new product called Dual System Forms (as per the link).
It was designed by a Valencian woman, it's basically a rubbery tip that you fit/size to the whole nail, you can customise them for a perfect fit... when the nail has been prepped you apply your L+P to the form making the smile line aswell as zones 2 and 3, you have to work quickly due to polymerisation, once the nail is 'made' you flip the form over and apply to the whole nail keeping a firm pressure, once it's adhered to the nail you can easily remove the form and move on to the next nail.

They were offering courses in application at my suppliers, the rights to the product have been bought by Tevian in Valencia (my suppliers). The nails I saw at the demo were a lot better quality than those shown on that website. I think it's something that might catch on with L+P but I can't see how it would work with UV Gel.

weird think i will stick to putting the acrylic on top of the tip and not underneath. her nails looked really uneven imo.

I went to an open afternoon at my suppliers a few months ago and there was a launch and demonstration of a new product called Dual System Forms (as per the link).
It was designed by a Valencian woman, it's basically a rubbery tip that you fit/size to the whole nail, you can customise them for a perfect fit... when the nail has been prepped you apply your L+P to the form making the smile line aswell as zones 2 and 3, you have to work quickly due to polymerisation, once the nail is 'made' you flip the form over and apply to the whole nail keeping a firm pressure, once it's adhered to the nail you can easily remove the form and move on to the next nail.

They were offering courses in application at my suppliers, the rights to the product have been bought by Tevian in Valencia (my suppliers). The nails I saw at the demo were a lot better quality than those shown on that website. I think it's something that might catch on with L+P but I can't see how it would work with UV Gel.
When the tip is flipped over and applied to the natural nail, would there not be a risk of over exposure due to the product that may seep out at the side walls?

When the tip is flipped over and applied to the natural nail, would there not be a risk of over exposure due to the product that may seep out at the side walls?
The technician I saw doing the demo didn't have any seepage at all and we were watching via a magnified screen so we could see EVERYTHING, the enhancements also took minimal buffing too, it was a very quick process.

just what we need, another way to produce ugly nails:)

You are so right Carl LOL

Carl that made me laugh too :)

i'd seen that vid before, i thought it was quite interesting but couldnt work out how the form would peel off. after you have explained that its rubbery, that now makes more sense. i have not been able to see them close up so i cant comment on whether they are good, bad or a worthwhile alternative to traditional methods. i'm always of the opinion that you shouldnt knock it till you try it.

i have no desire to try this and think its just something else that cheapens what we do...it looks like it takes no creative ability at all....why are some always trying to find a easier and quicker way instead of practising and perfecting the right way....the results speak for themselves.

i have no desire to try this and think its just something else that cheapens what we do...it looks like it takes no creative ability at all....why are some always trying to find a easier and quicker way instead of practising and perfecting the right way....the results speak for themselves.
Seeing it 'in the flesh' against that video... there's no comparison. There's definitely skill involved because the smile has to be achieved and also the correct amount of product applied to zones 2 and 3...

The results, as I said before, no comparison to seeing the real thing, I don't think the video does the forms or the nails any justice at all, I saw some fabulous nails created using those forms and to see them on the hand you couldn't tell how they'd been applied either.

I would still be concerned about the overexposure, if too much product is applied by a novice and then seepage....
I don't know.... still can't say as I'm impressed much by these.
Then there's the issue of the different shapes of nail plates; flat, very curved, etc....
We end up with the same problems as with tips, then how can you be sure that they are truly affixed?

For me this method was so weird, never seen or imagen something like that. I agree with Carl, i think they dont look very natural.

Latest posts

Back