Losing it

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenniferlouise

Reaction score
three cancellations this week,is it me, or is it the time of year......

I think alot of people are cancelling because they are realising they dont have the money now as they've over spent on other things like xmas pressies

It's like this every year for me as far back as I can remember... You think you are organised and then clients either cancel, don't show or try to re-arrange. I don't know how many times I have said this week I have no more appointments left (This is with doing 12 hour days.). I warn my clients every year... :)

I think it is such a busy time of year, people have to juggle their priorities and we are not always one of them!

i'm the same so many people calling to change around times etc. Ok for a brow wax or something small but the longer treatments - nightmare.

Have had no no-shows yet - praying that doesnt happen - fingers crossed

No cancellations but lots of shifting around, usual thing this time of year. They want to move their appointment and are amazed when I say I can't do anything. :)

yep! people are starting to go into overdrive and panicking about fitting everything in.

I sent out my opening hours and someone asked about a 3pm, I emailed her back, 3 days later she asks to book it, no cigar, its booked! I could juggle a couple around to accomodate her but she's the type to cancel at the last minute anyhow so not putting decent regular clients out incase she decides to turn up.

I refuse to book by text/email/FB message.
I only book by phone because things change from one minute to the next.

It's that time of year. People are late. People forget while xmas shopping. People run out of money. People's cars won't start (happened today here in my neck of the woods.... -29 degrees with the windchill factor... SUPER COLD)

I'm booked solid except for 3 spots and I will NOT be surprised if they dissappear too.

So far, no 'no-shows'. Knock on wood.
A lot of juggling around though. That's a pain in the butt.

I wish i was fully booked :( I had one client not turn up today so i text her as she always texts when she books. Just a polite text saying are you just running late for your 6:45? No reply grrrrrrr

My only cancellation so far has been by .... surprise surprise .... the only client I didn't collect a deposit from. That'll teach me.

can i ask you guys how you are advertising as i have had no clients for a couple of weeks and i was expecting to be really busy ....even regular clients havent been rebooking in the last couple of months and i'm starting to think i need to do something as i'm getting worried that its me - I have had fantastic reviews though on free index website etc but they dont seem to rebook???? help - i also need NEW clients without spending too much money

I wish i was fully booked :( I had one client not turn up today so i text her as she always texts when she books. Just a polite text saying are you just running late for your 6:45? No reply grrrrrrr

You'll get there!! Took me 5years... and I'm only "fully" booked because it's Christmas.

can i ask you guys how you are advertising as i have had no clients for a couple of weeks and i was expecting to be really busy ....even regular clients havent been rebooking in the last couple of months and i'm starting to think i need to do something as i'm getting worried that its me - I have had fantastic reviews though on free index website etc but they dont seem to rebook???? help - i also need NEW clients without spending too much money

I haven't done 'advertising' per se in a couple of years... BUT.... someone's been advertising for me.. and it's brought me a shedload of clients.
I have a waitress & a couple of clothing store retailers as clients. I let them have all the business cards that they can carry in their pockets. They write their names on them (so whoever presents them can say who ref'd them).

Because of the waitress, I ended up with a few more waitresses... PLUS the clients of the restaurant. They all wear art, so their nails are attention grabbing. Same for the clothing store sale's lady.

Approach a waitress, or bank teller or sale's lady and offer a promo set of nails or something. Entice her to become a regular and keep her pockets stuffed with cards.

IT WORKS!

I am definitly putting a cancelation policy on my price lists in the new year, with payment to be expected if cancellation and no rebook within 24hrs of appointment etc.
Txt all 3 new clients booked in this moring to confirm their afternoon appointments, (all had booked by txt) 2 were comin together for tan, reply was sorry friend has let me down cant make it, 3rd client replied advising she was coming. 2.30pm came, no sign but had been snowing quite heavy thought ok probably due to that, 2.45 still no show called, went straight to voicemail..... called again at 3pm straight to voicemail again so had to leave a message, advising she had lost her slot and that I hoped she was ok.
Really ticked off as could have had people in these slots today !
Have marked their numbers with a * so if they call again will have to make a deposit first.

I hate no shows! Its so rude!:irked:

i just had a no show.grrrr
i could have sold that appointment half a dozen times, but by the time you realise they arent just a little late, its to late to do anything about it.
dont these people realise theya re costing us money. seems to me they just think we can have a little rest.

I had 2 last minute cancellations today :mad: :evil: :cry:
One got stuck in the snow (forgiveable !) but the other 'forgot' whilst she was out shopping. So guess which client is going to get my only remaining appointment between now & Christmas.............:lol:

Latest posts

Back