Love this client...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joanne...

Reaction score
i love this client, she loves colour and design...

but she has realy short nail beds and thin nails, so i think her nails should be kept short (no extending the nail bed)

could you guys give me some advise how i could make them look better

thaks jo xx

I couldn't open the pic, it says it contains errors, more like my lappy's filters have errors:irked:
I have short nail beds so I always extend the nail beds, not by a crazy amount but nails are our miniture canvas and even a mm can make a big difference:hug:
Unfortnatly all I can say about the nails you've done is lovely bright colours, blinking lappy software:smack:

I am not qualified (yet lol) but I would be inclined to still extend the nail bed, have a smaller free edge colour design and then overlay art past the smile line so that the nails and fingers look more slender :)

I adore the colours and the design of these - just the type of thing I wear on my own nails :)

I think the colours and designs are lovely but the length is too long for this type of client and the nail bed definately needs to be extended because its not very flattering.The problem with having such bold colours and having this length is it draws attention to the fact she has got such short nail beds and looks a bit unbalanced.I would like to have gone for a more natural look,shorter and custom blended which would look more flattering for your client.However well done you.:hug:

""but she has realy short nail beds and thin nails, so i think her nails should be kept short (no extending the nail bed)""

Why does having really short nail beds and thin nails mean she shouldn't have the nail bed extending....??? extending the nail bed is just an illusion, not adding length.

The thing thats making her nail bed look stumpy is the placement of the colour free edge...if this was placed further up the nail and a camouflage product used to hide her natural smile line the whole nail would look more balanced. HTH

""but she has realy short nail beds and thin nails, so i think her nails should be kept short (no extending the nail bed)""

Why does having really short nail beds and thin nails mean she shouldn't have the nail bed extending....??? extending the nail bed is just an illusion, not adding length.

The thing thats making her nail bed look stumpy is the placement of the colour free edge...if this was placed further up the nail and a camouflage product used to hide her natural smile line the whole nail would look more balanced. HTH

good point...

i don't know why i was thinking it would make the nails longer, it would just mean the nail bed would look longer and less colour on the nail tip.

the last time i tried extending the nail bed you could see a shadow between the nail bed and the tip but young nails have some new cover powders has anyone tried them?

good point...

i don't know why i was thinking it would make the nails longer, it would just mean the nail bed would look longer and less colour on the nail tip.

the last time i tried extending the nail bed you could see a shadow between the nail bed and the tip but young nails have some new cover powders has anyone tried them?

But it would make them look so nice. Even if you have less color. And over time she can have them longer. no need to keep her short unless she wants them short.

i love colours the colours they look great
but without extending the nail beds without painting an all over colour, the only other thing is to cover most of the nail like you have on one of the ring fingers otherwise having french tips like she has only highlights that she has very short nail beds and that she is a nail biter which i presume is not want you want people to think when they look at them.making the shorter would help but it may not be enough to get the result you want ad she needs
if she wants this this sort of look then extending the nail bed is the only way.
enhancements should be just that they are ment to enhance whats already there not enhance what she hasnt got.

I have tried to do a very quick improvement in photoshop, this shows how extendig can make it more flattering.:hug: (don't mind the bad photoshop work) I like the art, I just agree with the above posted comments...

Attachments

• example.jpg
    example.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 282
I have tried to do a very quick improvement in photoshop, this shows how extendig can make it more flattering.:hug: (don't mind the bad photoshop work) I like the art, I just agree with the above posted comments...

Karen, how thoughtfull of you, I'm sure this will be very appreciated.

Christine

Very sweet!!

I also want to know what product you used??? I love the colors!:Love::Love::Love::Love:

Hi

I dont mean to sound harsh but I really dont like the look of these. The art work is lovely but for someone with such short nail beds (speaking from experience as I have very short nail beds) there is too much colour and not enough nail bed showing. If you use a pink powder to make the nail bed longer, then add the colour they will look 100 times better. Give this a try next time and post a picture on here, I bet you will get alot better response.

Sorry, I dont really have any advice for you but I seriously LOVE those! I am gonna try them tonight!! :D

I love those!!! it does make the nail look longer and thinner in your photo shopped pic, having such a big coloured tip makes the nail look wider and shorter.. good work!

Latest posts

Back