Lumos!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats bizarre! I find that my polishes stay on for yonks with lumos and its super hard and shiny, no chipping etc and no nasty odours or 3 nasty ingrediants(sorry i'm a convert !)

I loved this product from the moment i used it...

It dries super fast and stays and seriously does prevent chipping... My salon will not be without it!

LUMOS is an amazing product, and anyone who says it doesn't dry faster, harder , shinier and last longer either has clumsy clients or they seriously dont know what they are on about! :zzz:

I have been searching and finally found the thread re Lumos.. have been seeing alot of rave reports about this product and am thinking about trying it out.

so let me re-cap

I can use this with any brand of polish .. (i use OPI)..

I use the OPI fast dry spray not happy with it tbh and the OPI quick dry top coat.. does Lumos have a speedy dry time ?????

How much longetivity of polish is there as opposed to other brand top coats in keepig the colour from chipping or dulling ?? (for anyone that uses Lumos all the time)...

what other benefits does Lumos have on the natural nail.. i noticed someone had looked into the breakdown of the ingredients.. does it strengthen ?? condition ?? etc..

am hopeing i havent duplicated any other posts but switching all throught the thread for references has done my eyes in lol.. tis a long one..

Thank in advance
Sarah xxxx

I can use this with any brand of polish .. (i use OPI)..

I use the OPI fast dry spray not happy with it tbh and the OPI quick dry top coat.. does Lumos have a speedy dry time ?????

How much longetivity of polish is there as opposed to other brand top coats in keepig the colour from chipping or dulling ?? (for anyone that uses Lumos all the time)...

what other benefits does Lumos have on the natural nail.. i noticed someone had looked into the breakdown of the ingredients.. does it strengthen ? condition ?
Sarah xxxx

Yes, you can use with any polish but always use both the Lumos Bottom coat as well as the Lumos Top coat .. they are a system.

Lumos has the speediest dry time EVER.

Keeps polish as chip free as it can be.

Neither Lumos nor any other product (apart from Solar Oil) actually benefits the natural nail.. Ask clients to use Solar Oil daily.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Hi Thanks Geeg :O) it does..

Sarah xx

Having a heck of a time finding it here in the U.S.!

Thanks for the link. Signed on and am waiting anxiously for a response so that I may place an order. Love the idea that the top coat penetrates the color coats to bond with the base coat in order to create a magnificent adhesive bond. What a product! Can't wait to get it!

Well i received my Lumos duo pack from ellisons:biggrin:.. am still awaiting for my S2 accoutn to be set up its been a week now :O( not heard owt.. so couldnt wait lol..

tried it out and i am hooked... my file and polishes are going to be a breeze this friday's wedding party..

i cant beleive how fast the top coat dries !!!

one of my best investments i think :biggrin:

i am in loveeee with Lumos :Love:

Sarah x

Here's a nice little test for you to ponder.

I applied Lumos base coat.
Applied two coats of polish.
Applied one coat China Glaze Crackle
Applied Lumos top coat..
(might have been 10min, might have been 15, I dont know, i was watching tv).

30min later, I went to BED.. and SLEPT with one hand under the pillow and the other under my face.
NOTE: I live in Montreal/Quebec, it's HOT and it's HUMID (and the air conditioning was NOT on, we were melting that night)......................

woke up the next morning and guess what?

NO SMUDGES, NO SHEET MARKS, NO POLISH ON MY PILLOW AND NO POLISH ON MY FACE.

If THAT doesn't make you a Lumos-Lover, then you're a lost cause:lol:

:Love:

I bought mine on the strength of this thread, I LOVE it! I've never managed to keep polish on for more than a day and use Gelish most of the time, but with Lumos I managed to keep chip free for 3 days. This is a miracle to me! Thank you geeks!

Cant wait till mine arrive next week! :biggrin:

I bought mine on the strength of this thread, I LOVE it! I've never managed to keep polish on for more than a day and use Gelish most of the time, but with Lumos I managed to keep chip free for 3 days. This is a miracle to me! Thank you geeks!

Hoping these will make my polish last longer than a day aswell! off to order them now :biggrin:

Hoping these will make my polish last longer than a day as well! off to order them now :biggrin:

I hope so, gemgem but any polish is only as good as long as the nail plate is prepped correctly with cuticle removal and a good squeak ... THEN Lumos bottom coat, 2 coats of colour and Lumos top coat.
xx hope you love Lumos.

Is lumos 3 free?

Divine Beauty
Mobile Beauty & Holistics in Newcastle Upon Tyne
http://www.divine-beauty.co.uk

I know I am going to get shouted down on this one. But I've now had the base and topcoat for over two weeks so I have had clients come back after their first application.

I like the way it goes on and the consistency, I don't mind the brush and the
shine is fine.

However all my clients have returned saying that their polish didn't last as well as it usually does with the regular topcoat I use. I usually use Orly In A Snap and to be honest it takes no longer to dry than Lumos and the shine is no different either.

So its back to In A Snap for me!

Wow, I am surprised Lumos didn't work for you! What we have found is that the total dry time is a lot faster than anything we have used, total dry time is 10-12 minutes and that is dry enough to put shoes on after a pedicure! As far as not lasting,that is odd also. I would only suggest that you try using Lumos a little more generously and of course always capping the edges, see if that makes a difference for you. Hopefully you will give Lumos another try!!!!

Here's a nice little test for you to ponder.

I applied Lumos base coat.
Applied two coats of polish.
Applied one coat China Glaze Crackle
Applied Lumos top coat..
(might have been 10min, might have been 15, I dont know, i was watching tv).

30min later, I went to BED.. and SLEPT with one hand under the pillow and the other under my face.
NOTE: I live in Montreal/Quebec, it's HOT and it's HUMID (and the air conditioning was NOT on, we were melting that night)......................

woke up the next morning and guess what?

NO SMUDGES, NO SHEET MARKS, NO POLISH ON MY PILLOW AND NO POLISH ON MY FACE.

If THAT doesn't make you a Lumos-Lover, then you're a lost cause:lol:

:Love:

Excellent !!!!

Latest posts

Back