Lumos!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did DD, base coat and 2 top coats and my nails look dull. What on earth have I done wrong? Well when I say dull I mean they're not as glossy as when they have been done with the DD base and top coat. :cry:

I did DD, base coat and 2 top coats and my nails look dull. What on earth have I done wrong? Well when I say dull I mean they're not as glossy as when they have been done with the DD base and top coat. :cry:

You haven't said whwt you are using that looks dull?

S2 had better have loads of stock at the show, I'm itching to try this:lol:

You haven't said whwt you are using that looks dull?

The Lumos, I'm going to take it off and do my nails again. I do love the way it just glides on the nails and how fast it dries. I'm not giving up with it.

I would apply the Lumos base coat; then the Dashing Diva French Wrap and then a couple of coats of Lumos Top Coat. Have you tried it yet?

I have tried it on a friend, the way you suggested and it looks amazing! It's been on a week so far and still looks great. Thanks. x

I did redo my nails and they look gorgeous now. Like they've been dipped in oil, very glossy. Goodness knows what happenend the first time, but I'm converted now.:)

Last edited:
I must admit i bought Lumos top & base a month ago and tried it on my own natural nails. I didn't like it. I liked the speed of dry time and liked the base coat but there was no super shine and looked quite dull. I wasn't keen on the consistancy or the brush. (I will add that my nails are in poor condition thou after wearing a different colour shellac EVERY week and doing acylic nails in between, so over buffed)

But after reading this thread i thought i would give it another try so i took it into work the other day to try out on clients. I have since used it with a colour polish (which i was very impressed with the speed of drying the polish and the incredible shine) and i have used it over a couple of enhancements. Very impressed i love it now! :Love: The first hand is dry by the time i have painted the second hand. I don't seem to have a problem using the brush or consistancy on clients, i just don't using it on my own nails. Maybe i have just spoilt myself with the ease of shellac. (and with the shellac brush being daintier)

I hoping to convert most of my clients to this stuff now. It cuts my timings down on buffing/curing.

I know I am going to get shouted down on this one. But I've now had the base and topcoat for over two weeks so I have had clients come back after their first application.

I like the way it goes on and the consistency, I don't mind the brush and the shine is fine.

However all my clients have returned saying that their polish didn't last as well as it usually does with the regular topcoat I use. I usually use Orly In A Snap and to be honest it takes no longer to dry than Lumos and the shine is no different either.

So its back to In A Snap for me!

Last edited:
hey everyone, I hope you can help me. I bought the Lumos base and top coats, after reading this thread. It came on tuesday and have been very impressed with the dry time and the shine, but i have noticed that my top coat is no longer clear, it has a slight tint to it. This is obviously from picking up wet nail polish (I used cnd colour). I did what everyone said, float the top coat over the colour, and I hadn't realised that any colour had been picked up (as the brush is black) I only noticed the colour change yesterday and am quite annoyed. Does this mean I can no longer use it, will this have affected the quality of the product?

hey everyone, I hope you can help me. I bought the Lumos base and top coats, after reading this thread. It came on tuesday and have been very impressed with the dry time and the shine, but i have noticed that my top coat is no longer clear, it has a slight tint to it. This is obviously from picking up wet nail polish (I used cnd colour). I did what everyone said, float the top coat over the colour, and I hadn't realised that any colour had been picked up (as the brush is black) I only noticed the colour change yesterday and am quite annoyed. Does this mean I can no longer use it, will this have affected the quality of the product?
Mine has gone like it too but im not worried. I have used it over pink & white enhancements and it doesn't leave any tint.

If floating isn't working for you, you can do two things, either wipe off your brush before putting back into the bottle when finished painting. Or have 2 bottles, 1 for colour polish and one for enhancements.

Me i would prefer to have 2 bottles has wiping is a waste. :)

I love love love these products. I tried it because I couldn't get hold of my normal CND products so tried these when they first came into S2 - and don't ever think I'd go back (unless stocks run out). They are FAB!!! Only chipping I've had are by clients who really don't take care of their nails and like opening cans of coke with their nails!!!

I have finally ordered some and quickly tried some on myself over my gel polish (only the top coat.) It peeled off the next day, but I was amazed at how quickly it dried and how much it enhanced the colour - cant wait to try the products on natural nails.

I have finally ordered some and quickly tried some on myself over my gel polish (only the top coat.) It peeled off the next day, but I was amazed at how quickly it dried and how much it enhanced the colour - cant wait to try the products on natural nails.

I had a different kind of top coat peal as well over the shellac. Not sure if it's the shine of it or the fact that I used only top coat, not a base. ALSO I polished my small toe with Lumos on myself just this morning. (first time using) and I could scratch it with my fingernail and not even a dint!! The colored polish was even some old Walmart brand. Great stuff!!!!!!

I've tried lumos, in fact it is very good product. Base coat is fantastic, best ever,
but as for top coat, seche vita top coat is much faster drying than lumos top coat and is more shiny.

I am a new nail technician finding in my feet in a very busy industry! I have trailed a few base and top coats but I have to say I am not taken with any of them so far. I think The Edge have given me my best results but I am still itching for more. I have just ordered this Base & Top coat... It sounds super impressive so fingers crossed!

i finally got lumos this week and i used it on myself today. i couldn't believe how quickly the bottom coat dries!
also the finish is fab...so shiney..
im so pleased with it!:green:

I tried Lumos but found my polish chipped much easier than normal. I love the shine and how fast it dries but it's now been discarded!

Latest posts

Back