Luxury - what springs to mind?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

e-beauty

Reaction score
Hi Geeks:hug:

as some of you will know, i am in the process of opening a salon.

having looked at what the other two salons had to offer, that are near to me (but thankfully not to close) i have decided that "Luxury" is what my goal is. as the other two offer the standerd beauty couch and shower.

i am going for a steam massage shower,that plays muisc and has mood lights
really thick comfy spa massage beds, heated couch blankets, soft thick towels, mood lighting in each room, oil burners.

can you think of any other "luxury" touchs, that will set me apart from others.

also what dose luxury mean to you?

thanks inadvance
Danielle:hug:

filtered coffee! at the salon I used to work at we used to offer Stokes' Vienesse ground filter coffee and ALL clients used to say what a nice touch it was!

Are going for thick soft robes too? How about toe rope instead of foam dividers?

you can really go to town on this one hun, so watch the pennies! Fresh flowers? complementory choccies? nice textured paper for your vouchers, menus etc

God I could go on, it sounds like a dream! good luck chicken xx

ooooooh a water feature! and gorgeous uniforms in soft flowing bi-stretch fabric. Fountain pens for the clients to sign their cheques.

soda, those are wicked ideas, how about a wall waterfull, i saw one on e-bay,..only thing is, i might end up in the loo all the time lol

what fresh flowers would you suggest?...what about a bowl of water with floating fresh flower heads. i really love the smell of lemon grass, can you think of other yummy smelly oils.

i have a coffee making machine, would love to be able to offer the client a glass of wine for manicure and pedicure treatments but very much doubt this would be a loud.

:hug:

a good selection of herbal teas, fluffy slippers and as for flowers i like tulips

ooh and i think floating candles are a nice touch too

would love to be able to offer the client a glass of wine for manicure and pedicure treatments but very much doubt this would be a loud.

:hug:

If you're offering alcoholic drinks, strictly speaking you need to have a liquor license, even if the drinks are deemed to be 'complimentry'.

The reason for this is that if drinks are truely free, then Jo Bloggs from down the road could walk in the salon, have a free drink, then go on their merry way.

The powers that be reckon businesses factor 'free' drinks into their prices, meaning they're not actually free, therefore needing a license.

I too have often offered comp. drinks with treatments but just be aware of the legalities

thick quilted toilet paper-oohh!! i always know i am in a luxury establishment when the toilet paper is thick and quilted!!:lol:

My friends salon has three rooms, each one is decorated with a different theme, one is oriental, one angelic and one beach, each room also has its own mp3 and the client can choose the music to suit their mood.

It is very lovely. Clients have their favourite rooms and ask for them specifically.

Trish :hug:

My friends salon has three rooms, each one is decorated with a different theme, one is oriental, one angelic and one beach, each room also has its own mp3 and the client can choose the music to suit their mood.

It is very lovely. Clients have their favourite rooms and ask for them specifically.

Trish :hug:

Love the MP3 Part I also offer all my clients a bit of sweet after there treatments Godiva just one thought it get costly

I bought a big would bowl for pedicures. I put hot stones in the bottom and rose petals on the top. clients love it. I also bought tall wooden candle stick holders for my candles. Creates a lovely atmosphere when clients walk in the beauty room. My Brown thick fluffy blankets go down a treat as well. Little extras go a long way

hi susie where did you get your wooden bowl for your pedicures, i have looked all over for ages. thanks

Before becoming a mobile therapist i managed a beautiful salon and spa for a few years and here are some of the things we did:
-fresh flowers every weeks in the reception area.
-coffee served in individual cafetieres,tea in small tea pots we also offered fruit juices and flavoured sparkling waters.
-little chocolates with all refreshments,mini mince pies at xmas.
-candles in all treatment rooms including floating candles and flower petals.
-music in all rooms
-heated blankets on all treatment couches
-duvets and pillows on all couches(obviously taken off for some treatments)
fluffy,thick robes and slippers in all treatment rooms
-the shower room and bathroom was always packed with products and make up to try.
-mints on the reception desk

Luxury to me is
the smell of a quality perfume. I love chanel coco:lol:
when my feet sink down to my ankles in the pile of a carpet.
real silk
professionally arranged flowers, white ones, lilies and roses
embossed stationary
business cards with a slogan/message on the other side
lead crystal
I'll come back as more come to me:green:
When you've put it all together you really must have a photo shoot and post it on here, its going to be fabulous:lol:

like the water feature idea, its on my eternal to-do list.

one thing that I was taught as part of the Indonesian massage was to have a large bowl of water under the face hole with loads of flowers in it. so when client puts there head in the facehole they have that to look at.

I don't do that very much, but I do have a large wooden plate/tray with lots of tumblestone crystals on it. I've often been asked (only be males) why have I got a plate of pebbles?!!!

Defintely candles. I buy candles in glass tumblers and have that lit. Its quite cost effective, costs about £2.50 and lasts a month. I also sometimes light the tea lights on the window sill.

I have wooden slat blinds which give an oriental-spa feel to the place. I have a large (false) orchid but have fairy lights wrapped around it.

On the stairs I have a large gold buddha and I have a lotus candle placed in its hands. I sometimes replace that with a real flower.

At a spa I worked at, they always had a plate of prepared fruits, like mango slices. Jugs of chilled water, but was let down by using plastic beakers.

I haven't got drinks facilities, but have toyed with the idea of getting a wine cooler type fridge and placing bottles of water in it.

Apart from all the candles and things I think a place that offers treatments where you don't feel rushed, plus time for a thorough consultation, adds value and makes you feel special. So I suppose 'time' equals 'luxury' to me.
Nothing worse than feeling like you're on a conveyor belt!

a relaxing glass of champagne with a small plate holding 3 strawberries at the end of a treatment as a little down time works for me every time

Latest posts

Back