LVL lashes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just out of interest Lauren, who told you LVL is different from others? xx

That's fine Lauren, I understand that you are passionate about your brand, and that's a good thing! I think I may have not explained myself as eloquently as I could. The 'exactly the same' I was referring to, is the use of perm lotion and neutraliser, and the similarities in the way the treatment is performed. There can't be many ways in which to perform this treatmet apart from perhaps the tools used?

The only difference as far as I can see is the use of shields instead of the perm rods, of course there are always subtle differences, that why there are 101 different facials, and companies doing wraps etc. However, to say LVL doesn't use a perm lotion, when clearly it does, is just a little bit sheeple in my opinion.

Also I think you'll find that if you research where the glue and lotions originate, they will be the same manufacturer, just packaged in different brand boxes.

Do you have a problem with your glue going gunky? No war, just questions and facts. xx

This was my point entirely which was why I asked the question about the perming and neutralising lotion.

I'm not trained in LVL but I am trained in the old fashioned lash perms and I am also trained in Lash lifts.

The steps are the same, there's no other way you can do a lash lift without the same procedures and the same product (albeit different brands), i.e. apply silicone lash shield, attach lashes and then apply perm, neutraliser, tint and nourishing lotion.

I don't advertise my treatment as LVL nor do I say it's the same as LVL, I advertise it as a Lash Lift as indeed, that's what it is.

I understand people's passion but I do think that there are times when complete and utter brand loyalty does involve a certain amount of misinformation and trying to say it's not a perm isn't quite 100% correct is it??

At the end of the day the outcome is all the same regardless of what brand is used??

No my glue is still thin I think iv had the current tube 2 months xx

How do you store your glue? Mine seems to go funny after a few uses. I end up only getting half a bottle used. X

I was told to store it upright in a cool dark place, then when I go to use it, warm it with kettle water to free it up. x

Just out of interest Lauren, who told you LVL is different from others? xx

The trainers & Karen betts at nouveau when I did my training x

LVL is simply a brand of lash lift and I can't see the point of trying to claim it is anything different? :confused:

Whether you offer lash lift or LVL, you are using similar (if not identical) products and procedures.

Some people are happy to buy into a brand, others are happy to provide a non branded treatment that, ultimately gives the same result if carried out properly.

This is true of so many treatments in our industry, not just lash lifting.

Each to their own but therapists need to be aware of WHY they are paying far higher prices for training with certain companies.

It isn't necessarily because the products or training are better. It is because you have a recognised brand name to use in your marketing.
Some people think this is ultra important, others couldn't care less.

Perming lotion is perming lotion, neutraliser the same. Different companies use different glues but there will be a limited number of them too. The main difference is the use of shields rather than rods, shields for what we know as Lash Lift and rods for Lash Perming, same method with different results.

You cannot compare skincare products for facials as there are different ingredients in the products but not with perm and neutralising solutions.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter, life is just too short, if you put photos up of different lifts done with different brands you couldn't pick out one from the other. Some training is better than others but that's it and unless you have used all the brands and done all the training available you cannot say that one is the best of all.:D

Now as a trainer it makes sense to tell you LvL & your course are the same, so she gets your money not LvL.

The trainers & Karen betts at nouveau when I did my training x

So your trainer was honest in informing you that LVL is different from any other product available but Redsadie's trainer would obviously have lied about them being the same to get her to train there? It seems you put your trust in your trainer enough to relate her information on to others. I think its respectful to allow for others to do the same. :hug:

I use lvl and yes it is a perm.
What I will say though is it is slightly different to other Preminger solutions.
Other perms and lash lift solutions that I have tried have all been pink and blue.
Both the solutions for lvl are white. I'm not saying they perform any better or differently but they are different.
As for the glue, I have tried a few and they all look the same, smell the same and all, including lvl, go gloopy like snot!
I will definitely try warming up before use though as its bloody annoying.
I like buying into brands and that's why I use lvl. I've never had anyone phone me up asking for a lash lift but I've had plenty ring me up and ask for lvl. So for me branding works!

I saw a friend, who is a therapist, the other day and she had a lash lift kit which she bought from China on Alibaba and her lotions were both white so there are white solutions about. I think the colour is put in them so that you can tell quickly which is which.:D

Will definitely try warming up the glue gently, it gets on my nerves as it adds extra time to the treatment and whilst it's left open you're letting more air in which makes it even more gloopy. Bugger!!!

Have to say prefer Pink and Blue solutions, I'm blonde - say no more!!! :D

I have just bought some AH Francis glue, that is different than the clear, it is white and smells like Copydex that we used to use in school. It also has the same texture but holds the lashes amazingly well and dries much quicker than the clear that I have tried so far.:D

Oooh will have to try that one out. Thanks for the heads up!

Will definitely try warming up the glue gently, it gets on my nerves as it adds extra time to the treatment and whilst it's left open you're letting more air in which makes it even more gloopy. Bugger!!!

Hold your thumb over the open end of the bottle as you are using the glue. This really minimises the amount of air getting in and should help your product last much longer

Thank you people for the tips about the gloop - its been doing my head in and I buy roughly one new one a month

LVL has been amazing that doubled with HD Brows has been fantastic!! I LOVE doing LVL Lashes - here are a couple of pics

Attachments

• Lisa Emery LVL2.jpg
    Lisa Emery LVL2.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 465
  • Nikki Patel LVL1.jpg
    Nikki Patel LVL1.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 447
  • Nikki Patel LVL2.jpg
    Nikki Patel LVL2.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 460
I put the products on a plaster by just lifting the plastic so it stick remains new & I staple it to an LvL customer leaflet
And post it :) xx

Can i ask will your insurance company approve of this?? as 1. you did not do or even see it done yourself??? I think maybe you should check this! I know that mine do not! Also to throw a spanner in the works here, because i use the same products as perming, and really it is the same thing in principle, except for the facr that i use a silicone shield rather than a perm rod, my insurance company said that i was insured under my perming qualification to carry out this treatment. Also its sold as 'a lashperm lash lift curler'.

Yes my insurance are fine with this :) & ps don't make it a bitch fest.

:) over & out xxx

One of my lash lifts - amazing product and you can charge double the amount for the branded lash lift.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1379323633756.jpg
    1379323633756.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 664
Really don't understand why people think lash perms and LVL (or lash lifts) are the same. Ye you might use the same basic products in principle but the technique and end result is completely different!

It's like saying curling your hair and straightening it is exactly the same! You use a hair dryer, straighteners and hairspray for both but the end results are nothing alike!

It really confuses me ha!

Hi there, I'm just wondering if anyone has had a client come back after 2 weeks and say their lashes are clumpy?

Latest posts

Back