Made Me Cry! (Please do not read if easily upset)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tink18

Reaction score
this has been cirulating the net for a while so u may have read it 'I went to a birthday party but I remembered what you said. You told me not to drink at all, so I had a Sprite instead. I felt proud of myself, the way you said I would, that I didn't choose to drink and drive, though some friends said I should. I knew I made a healthy choice and your advice to me was right as the party finally ended and the kids drove out of site. I got into my own car, sure to get home in one piece, never knowing what was coming, something I expected least. Now I'm lying on the pavement. I can hear the policeman say, "The kid that caused this wreck was drunk." His voice seems far away. My own blood is all around me, as I try hard not to cry. I can hear the paramedic say, "This girl is going to die." I'm sure the guy had no idea, while he was flying high, because he chose to drink and drive that I would have to die. So why do people do it, knowing that it ruins lives? But now the pain is cutting me like a hundred stabbing knives. Tell my sister not to be afraid, tell Daddy to be brave, and when I go to heaven to put "Daddy's Girl" on my grave. Someone should have taught him that it's wrong to drink and drive. Maybe if his mom and dad had, I'd still be alive. My breath is getting shorter, I'm getting really scared. These are my final moments, and I'm so unprepared. I wish that you could hold me, Mom, as I lie here and die. I wish that I could say I love you and good-bye.'

What an upsetting post :cry:

Really puts things into perspective

makes you think though, i never have a drink when im driving not even one just stick to my j2o's lol

this brought tears to my eyes
my cousin was killed by a drunk driver years ago, and the B*****D got away with a small fine.
i hate drink drivers, if caught they should be bloody locked up for a good few years (like life) why should they get away with ending a life, yet be allowed to carry on with theirs. but this doesnt bring back the life they ended...............im stopping now as this gets my back up

Wow...makes you think doesn't it??

My granddad was killed by a drunk driver also...I could never do it, if you are going to drink PLEASE don't get behind the wheel, your reaction time and your judgement is greatly hindered!!

The way I see it is this-if a person chooses to drink, then chooses to drive, and then causes the death of another person, then that is tantamount to murder. They may not have chosen their victim, and they may not have intended for someone to die, but when they chose not to call a taxi, or to stay at a mate's house, or to lay off the booze for the night, they are playing Russian Roulette with their own lives, and the lives of others. My heart goes out to all those on the board who have lost loved ones as a result of drink-driving.
If after reading this thread, just ONE person is deterred from getting behind the wheel after drinking, then we've just saved at least one more life.

What was the point of this post?

It's just unpleasant and distressing. Pointless.

yogacat said:

no different to how the families of people killed by drunk drivers feel I suppose.
makes us sit up and take notice if we are one of those people who does drink and drive.
I'm proud to say I'm NOT one of them.

yogacat said:

I think the point is - don't ever drink and drive. THAT'S unpleasant and distressing. And very pointless.

I don't drink FULL STOP and I can still go out and have a great time. people still ask what Iv'e been drinking cause Im just mad.

Originally Posted by yogacat

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------

It brings home to everyone that drink driving kills. I think thats a valid point to bring up. It is posted in Chit Chat which can be on any subject.

I dont think this was pointless, but can understand not everyone will appreciate it. It was very emotional to read but it carries an important message and theres nowt wrong with that in my opinion. Obviously not everyone will agree.

My mum was hit by a drunk driver 4 yrs ago and is still suffering with pains from it, the B*****d only lost his licsense for 1yr, no sentence or anything....:evil:

well marks ex (caitlins mam) got married just after we did, and her husband was banned for 2 years for drink driving (he is back on the roads now) he didnt hit anyone but was pulled over and caught all the same, and mark has never been keen on the guy since then. He worries about his daughter with him. I dont think she actually goes anywhere with him anyway but the thought is always there all the same....

yogacat said:

I think the point is awareness..!!! if we don't look at the unpleasant and distressing things that go on in this world then we can fall trap to being ignorant of them...awareness is what keeps it real...and as unpleasant as it is its a reality that many people have to face.

yogacat said:

My answer to this question is...

I suppose it helps remind us how important it is to not drink and drive and the pain and misery this selfish act causes and to reminds us to help educate other around us that might consider DD acceptable

how horrible. and it sadly happens all the time :(

uwwweeee!!!!so sad!made me cry!

That's my opinion. I know it may not be shared by everybody here, and that's fine, but I believe I've raised a valid point.

I wouldn't let anyone drink drive and would report anyone who did.

thenailista said:
That's my opinion. I know it may not be shared by everybody here, and that's fine, but I believe I've raised a valid point.

hi chick I dont think this person was referring to your post hun, think it was directed at the 1st post of the thread x x x x x

Latest posts

Back