Maintaining spray tan........then exfoliate like mad?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coconuts

Reaction score
I have a question for you all which has bigged me for a while.........

You have a spray tan, you look after it moisturising like mad then, you want another tan done the following week so you have to exfoliate like mad to get it off BUT where you have looked after it so well it doesnt come off to easily, what do you do in these situations?

Its a vicious circle isn't it of exfoliation,moisturising and then exfoliating and so on .

In terms of this cycle and apart from the cosmetic nice look the spray tan produces the regime of removing dry dead skin and then moisturizing daily is extremely good for the skin and will most certainly help slow down aging of the skin and improve elasticity.

The trick is to have the right tools to do the job most effectively without being to harsh on the skin and likewise being sufficient to do the job.

In terms of getting those stubborn bits of this could simply be a combination of the above however timing is also of the utmost importance.

Exfoliate to early and there is much more work to be done in removing product.

It could be worthwhile maybe extending the removal timing process by another day and see if that helps in any way.

I find covering myself in baby oil and watching my soaps then by bed time the tans started to come off and i have a scrub in shower much less painfull than just scrubbing forever :)

I find covering myself in baby oil and watching my soaps then by bed time the tans started to come off and i have a scrub in shower much less painfull than just scrubbing forever :)
Good idea, I am going to try that tonight :) xx

This is exactly what i do with either Baby Oil or Bio oil sometimes, then i use a lovely body scrub and hope in the shower, done and my skin does be like butter!

If its a good tan and you look after it, it should last you 2 weeks, and just top it up.
Eg I did my tan last sat, its still looking fab, I use oil free moisturiser everyday. As I'm goin out this sat I will exfoliate any dry areas which I must say using moisturiser everday there is hardly any a little at the feet! I will just top up my tan on friday, no major exfoliation requried! hth xx

why are you exoliating like mad to get it off before your next application?
you dont need to do this, you only need to gently buff to blend things evenly and avoid build up

why are you exoliating like mad to get it off before your next application?
you dont need to do this, you only need to gently buff to blend things evenly and avoid build up

I do this because it fades very patchy on me and looks like I have some kind of disease:D and to tan over those parts only enhances them when I am sprayed again.

what tan are you using hun, nothin on ure profile ? ure tan should not be fading patchy, unless you are using the wrong shower gel or not an oil free moisturiser? xx

what tan are you using hun, nothin on ure profile ? ure tan should not be fading patchy, unless you are using the wrong shower gel or not an oil free moisturiser? xx

Sienna 8.5% I am going to try other solutions on me, I think they have changed their solutions in one way or another:(

everyone is different but sienna wore off really badly on me tbh, perhaps try some other tans to see if you get the same results? xx

everyone is different but sienna wore off really badly on me tbh, perhaps try some other tans to see if you get the same results? xx

That's what I am going to do, their solution has always been ok on me and clients but I have seen a change on myself and also had the odd comment from clients so this is what makes me wonder if they have added/taken away something from their soluions so I think it's time to change:D

ah well I'm sure I saw something on a thread on here about that, I don't use it so don't know lol xx

Celebrity Secrets used to bottle for SiennaX a few years back but now they dont. So Sienna get it from eslewhere. HTH's

Latest posts

Back