Make Up Brushes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Impulse1976

Reaction score
Hi everyone, can anyone recommend a good quality range of make-up brushes please, my brushes from college need replacing and want to spend my hard earned cash on a decent range. Thanks

Sonia rates the MAC makeup brushes although they are pricey.

Posted via Mobile Device

try looking on e-bay, a girl at college got some bobby brown for less than half price. hths
Posted via Mobile Device

Body Shop ones are really nice too. Had mine for years!

Body Shop ones are really nice too. Had mine for years!

Body Shop brushes also get the thumbs up from Sonia too :)

Hi there

I am a beauty therapist and do makeup alot.

my recommendations are:

The ones I use are from Barbara Bort which is an italian company and the products are mineral. though they cost £79 for a 12 piece set.

Ebay, have Mac brush set for £22.00 with free p&p but not sure if there genuine.

Bobby brown is a good brand too but you are looking at around the same price as my supplier Barbara Bort or maybe a bit more.

I have the Clinique brush range (got them free when I worked for them) they are fab. Bobbi Brown, Mac and Clinique are all owned by Estee Lauder, but the brushs are made from seperate factories. They sell a spray on brush cleaner and every other week I was them in luke warm water without any solution (apparently thats how these one's should be cleaned). Plus they aren't that expensive.

I love Body Shop ones, had mine for 3 yrs and they still look as good as new:)
hth

Hi everyone, can anyone recommend a good quality range of make-up brushes please, my brushes from college need replacing and want to spend my hard earned cash on a decent range. Thanks

Hiya, pro makeup brushes sell a good set that come in a brush roll with makeup bag and a makeup book. I got mine from college about a year ago and theyr still brilliant condition. You can buy online or £90 which isnt cheap but worth the money as they last for ages.
Or MAC, theyv'e got a great reputation!

I use Lancome, Mac and Bare Minerals. I have use Lancome brushes for a long time and find that they are very good. The other day I bought a couple from Sainsburys, the champhaneys and thought they were good.

Thanks guys, my mum is going to America next week so i am going to send her with a shopping list to get me a set of mac brushes :)

Give Pro Makeup Brushes a try. Really professional quality (like MAC) and a fraction of the price. The website is www.promakeupbrushes.co.uk and they are only £90 for the set. Or you can buy one or two at a time by Ruby & Millie, they are fab too!

Hi

I am also getting new brushes. Beauty therapists can get a mac pro card which gets you 20% off all their stuff:). It does cost £25 a year but then if you are buying quite a few things it should be worth it.

Thanks guys, my mum is going to America next week so i am going to send her with a shopping list to get me a set of mac brushes :)

Stop! MAC's a OK, but they're not that great. I DO have a couple Mac brushes I've had for years, but I take really good care of my brushes and that' the reason why they've lasted so long, really! I have squirrel brushes, sable brushes, pony and yes, some synthetic. Of course, there's some value in buying a good brush, but, personally, I think MAC is waaaay overrated and not a good value for the money. I have brushes from Body Shop, Bobby Brown, Pro, and honest to gosh, Max Factor and Clinique that I got for free with purchase. I even have a Mary Kay Kabuki brush that's the best for minerals and it was only ten dollars. Okay, off my box!
Hugs, kelly
PS I have a great video on Brushe Cleaning on my site from my Hollywood Make-up artist friend, Tracy - check it out, you'll appreciate it. ox

im slowly replacing my college brushes with MAC, Smashbox, and Crown brushes - have also recently bought a ruby / millie foundation brush which is one of the best i have used so far!
hth xx

I finally got a lovely roll of brushes from Crown at the Professional Beauty show, i love them, they are badger and squirrel and they are so soft. My other half wanted to cut the hair from my cats tail and make it into brushes, he said we could make lots of money with the price i paid for mine - giggle - (by the way he was joking). - i hope :)

Latest posts

Back