Make up on older eyes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kat060287

Reaction score
The majority of make up I do is for younger girls, recently I done an
Older lady her eyelids had alot of wrinkles she was really happy with finished look but I wasn't. Does anyone know a good product for under the shadow to help with this x

A primer would be good.

primers for eye generally don't offer much in the way of smoothing out the skin, they are primarily used to get the eyeshadow to stick and last longer.

When doing eyeshadow for an older lady you really do have to approach it very differently to a younger eye. Matt eyeshadows work really well as it doesn't show up any crepe skin, also if your client has hooded eyes you will need to alter how you do your crease work.

You've probably already learned in that anything you darken recedes and anything you lighten comes forwards ,so for clients with hooded eyes i normally darken the whole patch of skin that is drooping and bring it in slightly over the lid to blend. Best way to do this is to get your client to close there eyes and raise there brows right up this will stretch the skin, darken in the outer corner , now get them to open their eyes and look straight ahead with eyebrows relaxed , you will probably notice that the bit you have just shaded has disappeared under the hooded part of the eye , darken all the hooded part (may well be up to 2/3rds of the eye) and blend outwards and bring in slightly along the crease this is will help to disguise the hooded eye and will be very flattering.

I hope that makes sense :biggrin:

Definitely use a primer.
Avoid glitter.
There will be some loss of definition, so make sure the brows are in shape and given subtle emphasis, add the look of volume to the lashes by filling in the lashline with liner.
Soften all liners with smudger or cotton bud. Have no harsh lines.
Use lash curlers to lift the look of the eye area.
Highlight brow above as well as below brow line.

Thanks a lot will have a go at that :) x

Definitely use an eye primer. My fave is Anthony Braden as it works nicely as a base colour can be used under eyes to lighten too.

Keep colours matte or your shimmer shades minimal. A little shimmer under the brows can be flattering but full on sheen looks horrific. I mainly use matte colours all the way.

Try grey or navy for shadows or liners and liner pencils work better than gel liners. Get your pencil into the top lashes and smudge for a soft look that still enhances.

Keep it soft. Less is more.
:wink2:

Latest posts

Back