Manicure, Pedicure and Tan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoJoPearce

Reaction score
I have a client booked in on Thursday for a Manicure and Pedicure and she is also getting her legs sprayed (St Tropaz).

The thing is will the pedicure effect the tan in anyway.

I thought the best thing to do is the Pedicure, then tan (this will be done by the salon owner) and then the manicure.

I would not do a tan on top of a pedicure. If she really wanted the pedi this should be done the day before. Only other option is just to have a file and polish on her toes, then the tan.

HTH

I'd offer to file & polish her toes then tan her legs.
If you rub cream into her feet beforehand - they won't tan properly. If you tan first, it will come off in the pedispa or with the exfoliant.
HTHs:)

This is what I was thinking. Bugger!

Could it work if I did a mini Pedicure and washed all cream off at the end b4 her tan or would they still effect it?

I wouldn't risk it unless you've tried it on yourself beforehand. Best to be safe I think, I would just offer the file and polish.

Thanks Yvonne, File and Polish it will have to be unless I can get her in on Wednesday.

I have bumped this thread as I have a client on Monday who wants a Mani, Pedi and a Full Body Spray Tan.
She goes on holiday really late Tuesday, so want everything done during the same appointment on Monday.

I advised her that if she didn't want to have the tan the next day, I wouldn't be able to offer her anything more than a basic mani and pedi, as using creams etc could repel the tanning solution.

She said that that was fine, as long as she has a shape and polish she will be happy.
BUT, she also wants the skin on her heels sorted out.
How can I do that??

I am reluctent to soak her feet as I don't want to open pores etc before her tan.
I know I can dry file (yuk!) but what if they are really bad!!?? I am so used to using my CND Callus Remover and Cucumber Heel Therapy........ I can't stand the thought of her heels still looking dry - but I also don't want to risk her tan getting ruined!

Is soaking her feet before a tan a bad idea? I think it would be, but I do tend to be quite cautious!!
Can Callus Remover be used if the feet haven't been soaked first? Will it still work?

Hope that someone can help!!

I have a client booked in on Thursday for a Manicure and Pedicure and she is also getting her legs sprayed (St Tropaz).

The thing is will the pedicure effect the tan in anyway.

I thought the best thing to do is the Pedicure, then tan (this will be done by the salon owner) and then the manicure.

I have bumped this thread as I have a client on Monday who wants a Mani, Pedi and a Full Body Spray Tan.
She goes on holiday really late Tuesday, so want everything done during the same appointment on Monday.

I advised her that if she didn't want to have the tan the next day, I wouldn't be able to offer her anything more than a basic mani and pedi, as using creams etc could repel the tanning solution.

She said that that was fine, as long as she has a shape and polish she will be happy.
BUT, she also wants the skin on her heels sorted out.
How can I do that??

I am reluctent to soak her feet as I don't want to open pores etc before her tan.
I know I can dry file (yuk!) but what if they are really bad!!?? I am so used to using my CND Callus Remover and Cucumber Heel Therapy........ I can't stand the thought of her heels still looking dry - but I also don't want to risk her tan getting ruined!

Is soaking her feet before a tan a bad idea? I think it would be, but I do tend to be quite cautious!!
Can Callus Remover be used if the feet haven't been soaked first? Will it still work?

Hope that someone can help!!

As long as the feet are sanitised prior to filing and hard skin removal there should be no problems.I always do my hard skin removal on dry feet anyway,I find I get a much better result,as when the feet are wet,the hard skin goes soft,thus making it harder to remove with a foot file.

Personally I carry out regular pedicures and St Tropez tans and have never experienced any problems,only problem is making sure the polish is dry before applying tan and making sure clients feet hang over the end of the couch when doing the back of the body or the polish will smudge on the couch.

Just quickly rinse your products off in pedi spa rather than soaking,this will stop any problems with open pores.HTH

I would not do a tan on top of a pedicure. If she really wanted the pedi this should be done the day before. Only other option is just to have a file and polish on her toes, then the tan.

HTH

I totally agree - but even to the point of having the tan on th day before or after the Pedi.:)

Moisturising before a spray tan is a no no and is one of the easiest causes of it streaking. However I think that soaking the feet will be okay provided there are no oils in the water. HTH

I would sanitize the feet and remove the dry skin from heels, then saturate a cotton wool square with a callous remover (not sure if your product can be used this way) and wrap the foot in cling film wait 10-20 mins and remove then slough off the dead skin. I dont see why working on the heels will effect the tan - I often use a barrier cream on dry skin so the product smooths over the area.

Thanks ladies!!!

Moisturising before a spray tan is a no no and is one of the easiest causes of it streaking. However I think that soaking the feet will be okay provided there are no oils in the water. HTH
Just to add,with the St Tropez moisturising is something that is always done before the tan is applied,therefore its not an issue,I dont do spray tans so its obviously a case of different tannin g systems have their own rules,just follow what you have been taught.

The feet have a layer of moisturiser put all over the feet and any other dry areas,hence why I do my pedi's before tanning with absolutely no problems whatsoever.HTH

Latest posts

Back