Manners

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kim Lawless

Grande Dame of the Brazilian Wax for Men and Women
Reaction score
Had a few texts this morning from new clients with the usual 'Hi, you got an appointment?' No detail of what they want waxed, when, their name, kiss me a*s* or nothing.

That also got me thinking about when we PM each other on here. It's polite and sensible to put your real name at the end. I feel a bit of a prat replying to the geek name.

Also, I'm sure that I'm not alone in receiving a lot of PM's asking for advice which is great. However, some people never say thank you or goodbye. Once they've got what they wanted, they're off.

So a name and a polite please and thank you would go a long way.

Sounds good to me. Good manners are forgotten so often these days. Am now signing off as I have a client in 2 mins. Kate J

Manners cost nothing, I can think of a few people who could do with a refresher course though!
George.

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk 2

I was brought up to say please and thank you and i would like to think other people my age would also be able to use those words.

Seem's to someone people this words just fall out their brains :(

My 2 year old son can say please and thank you, and i hope he will carry on to use these as he grows up.

I find being polite can help you a lot, as being rude gets you no where and people always remember a rude person xx

I was brought up to say please and thank you and i would like to think other people my age would also be able to use those words.

Seem's to someone people this words just fall out their brains :(

My 2 year old son can say please and thank you, and i hope he will carry on to use these as he grows up.

I find being polite can help you a lot, as being rude gets you no where and people always remember a rude person xx

Am glad am not the only parent to install manners in their kids at a yung age.... A lot of kids round where I stay seem to have forgotten how to say please and thank you.... My 3 yr old daughter can put them to shame.
I take pride in the fact I still say please and thank you, at the age of 27.
BRING BACK THE MANNERS I say......
kaz xx

Oh god I'm terrible! When someone bumps into me i say sorry!! I just cant help myself, i have been brought up on good manners but i think it has rubbed off too much sometimes. I always say please & thank you, even if I'm having a bad day or upset, my daughters first words were please & thank you & we make her say them all the time. I just hope she doesn't take on my bad habit of saying sorry when its not her fault!! I hate bad manners!!

I said "thank you" to a Cashpoint this morning.

Haha I've done that before! Really embarrassing when your on your own and there's people behind you :/

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Oh god I'm terrible! When someone bumps into me i say sorry!! I just cant help myself, i have been brought up on good manners but i think it has rubbed off too much sometimes. I always say please & thank you, even if I'm having a bad day or upset, my daughters first words were please & thank you & we make her say them all the time. I just hope she doesn't take on my bad habit of saying sorry when its not her fault!! I hate bad manners!!

I'm the same! I can be stood still and someone will walk right into me and I'll still say sorry out of habit! Lol my 3 year old always says please when he asks for something and says ta if he gets given something, I think kids are the worst these days when they are clearly old enough to use manners and they don't and they're parents don't even seem to care! X

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

I absolutely hate bad manners. If my daughter has a friend round and I offer them something I expect to hear "yes please" or "no thank you". If I don't hear it, I remind them. I won't make a drink for someone who says "yeah" after I've asked if they would like one. :eek:

Another form of bad manners in my book is lateness. I find it extremely rude for people to be late. Not just in a work related environment, but any time. If I've invited a couple round for dinner I expect them within 15 mins of the expected time, not an hour late!

I absolutely hate bad manners. If my daughter has a friend round and I offer them something I expect to hear "yes please" or "no thank you". If I don't hear it, I remind them. I won't make a drink for someone who says "yeah" after I've asked if they would like one. :eek:

Another form of bad manners in my book is lateness. I find it extremely rude for people to be late. Not just in a work related environment, but any time. If I've invited a couple round for dinner I expect them within 15 mins of the expected time, not an hour late!

I second that they could at least have the curtosy to let you know they are running late. One example was at work we had a lady booked in at 5 which is normally whrn we close she was booked in for a cut and blow dry we dont mind working a bit late if we need to by half 5 she hadnt turned up we tried phoning-no answer after 6 she foned us we transfer the phone so we recieve calls outside opening times and said she was at the salon and no one is there. . . Over an hour late ? After we done her the favour of staying open late to suit her

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Had a few texts this morning from new clients with the usual 'Hi, you got an appointment?' No detail of what they want waxed, when, their name, kiss me a*s* or nothing.

That also got me thinking about when we PM each other on here. It's polite and sensible to put your real name at the end. I feel a bit of a prat replying to the geek name.

Also, I'm sure that I'm not alone in receiving a lot of PM's asking for advice which is great. However, some people never say thank you or goodbye. Once they've got what they wanted, they're off.

So a name and a polite please and thank you would go a long way.

I absolutely agree! I had a few PM's from someone really picking my brains for help and advice and then they asked another question which again I answered and then they just disappeared off without so much as a 'ta'. I didn't expect a parade for giving advice but a thanks would've been nice!

I'm very polite to everyone, even rude people but sometimes I get annoyed because its rarely reciprocated.
I'm proud when my children automatically say please and thank you too people, manners cost nothing but a little thought and effort.

Cat x

I was brought up with the saying 'please & thank you don't cost a lot but they go a long way' and I have caught myself saying this to my kids lol.

I believe manners are really important.

I have had many PM's asking for help & advice and lots of people send a quick message of thanks but I have noticed a few have left me wondering if they sorted their problem or if my advice was helpful to them at all.

Manners do seem to have dissapeared a lot from everyday life and I think that is a bad thing. Bring back good manners :Love:

My pet peeve is bad manners! :grr:

Manners are free and using them just common courtesy!

If I receive a message similar to the examples that Kim has mentioned I actually ignore them. If they haven't got the ability to be polite, then I just can't tolerate it...I know that sounds harsh, but that's just how I feel.

If someone is rude/ bad mannered when contacting me, there is NO way I'm going to sit opposite them for 30+mins doing their nails OR giving them advice.

I always go by the saying "treat people how you want to be treated".

Don't even get me started on text talk!

Xx

I know we have lost some extremely helpful and knowledgable Geeks for this very reason.

I am staggered that when people PM asking for advice that some never acknowledge the helpful reply they get.
This site in not some big reference library to pop in and take information from.....all the information comes from people who are taking time out from their busy lives to help others in their Industry. A little bit of appreciation isn't much to ask, and common good manners should be a given ;)

I cannot stand people not using manners. I was brought up to say please and thank you.

If my children do not say please and thank you they will not have the item they are asking for.

I find it Appauling that some parents do not teach their children manners. I find it so rude. The neighbour's children never say please and thank you and just demand, it's actually a shock to hear it as my two are so polite.

My little ones are always commended on their manners :)

I work for a london borough council in my day job and the rudeness from those calls are amazing. If someone calls and says for example can I have the number for this and dont say please, I say excuse me and they seem to find their manners. As for clients if they can't use please and thank you and all I get is book me in for this then its a no no.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I know we have lost some extremely helpful and knowledgable Geeks for this very reason.

I am staggered that when people PM asking for advice that some never acknowledge the helpful reply they get.
This site in not some big reference library to pop in and take information from.....all the information comes from people who are taking time out from their busy lives to help others in their Industry. A little bit of appreciation isn't much to ask, and common good manners should be a given ;)
I had a geek from another section of this forum (the subject of which I know nothing about) PM'ing me all evening once for info on how to get their course accredited. I gave lots of time and advice but I drew the line when they asked if they could sent me all of their courses paperwork to read and comment on. I explained nicely that I really didn't have the time as I was so busy myself. Never heard another word from them of thanks........nothing!

I had someone pm me asking me to write them a list of everything they would need to do to start a business.
When I replied that whilst I was flattered that they considered me knowledgeable enough, I didn't really have the time to write a definitive list.
I added that if they wanted to engage my services as a business adviser I was sure we could come to some arrangement.
Well, the answer I got back was horrendous.
Who the F did I think I was?
What sort of an example was I setting?
Yeah, you think you're the big I AM, well, let me tell you, you're not all that.

:eek:

I usually say "thank you lord" if the cashpoint gives me money lol

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back