Marian Newman rant!!!!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hahahahahahaha!

This thread tickled me pink!

What a cow! Your reply to her was excellent though!
I also have the book, it was one of the first things I bought and no offence to Mum, but as I was new I had no idea who Marian was either! :rolleyes: :lol:

Victoria x

Hiya,

I am actually distributing The Complete Nail Technician II Edition and i am now taking orders, if anybody wants one plaese pm me..

Amanda

I am so cross with myself :mad: , because the book and Marian were there when I whizzed past at Excel. Marian you had just signed what I now realise were the last two before you went off to do some judging! I was in a rush on the Sunday trying to cram too much in one day as I was working at the show the next day. The stand I was on was opposite the book stand and so I naively thought I would be able to buy one on the Monday! How silly was I! So not only do I not have the book but I can't now get a signed copy which would have been lovely! I have certainly learnt my lesson now. BUY AT THE TIME! It will now be on my birthday and/or Christmas list!

I brought a copy of her book today from Waterstones £21.99 :lol:, but you can also buy it on amazon if you can't find it in your local store. Don't forget to ask for free delivery with your order, but check the one on amazon as it may be the first edition :confused:. Also if you have a student card Border books have a 20% discount on books so I may take mine back though I don't know if I can wait for it to arrive as I start my mani/pedi course on monday.

I've also ordered the Encyclopedia of nails from amazon for £15.99 what a bargin.

good luck getting your copy

what a funny thread!! Miriam I am awaiting a signed copy:lol: !!! Hope it kicks butt for you!! I am sure it will - Rosie Green knew about it already so I guess everyone else will too!! Congratulations xxx

Thats funny lol..........

Went to BOOKS ETC. at Cheapside in the City and I reckon there is an new breed of shop assistants about.......the ones that know very little about very little...........
Went to order my Copy , told the girl Title of the book:The Complete Nail Technician II Edition, the Author and got all excited as I thought I was just a few days away from reading this new highly praised book.

She typed all this into her PC thingy lol.............. then said " Oh Madam you!!! must be mistaken, there is no second edition.....in a very condecending tone ...."So I said no I am not mistaken, this book was officialy launched last month with signed copies".........She still looked very blank and vacant at me......
Then advised me to order the one that they have on their stock list .........
I told her it would not be any use to me, as I have already got that one........
She said are you sure?
So I said "Oh yes very sure, read it many a times"

Then proceeded to tell me(with a real tone of self importance) that they always have the latests and newest arrivals at their shops...........

So I said well you must be mistaken then....so she said Oh no Madam, I know my job and I know if it is in print we would have it on our system...........

I said......Well if I was you I would check the system for errors then..... because the Author is a friend and brought me a blooming drink the day after the launch............
Her face was a picture, bless her little paper bookmarks........

So now I am off on Monday to Waterstones and order it from them......
I will get the book !!!!!!!!!

Way to go Ruth!!!!! :D

After reading this thread I think I will order mine from the internet......not gonna risk a run in with these know-it-all book shop assistants!!!! :eek:

Good on you Ruth!

Some people have no sense of common curtisey (sp)

Latest posts

Back