Marked client's table!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry... Have removed reply, as it was meant to be for another post.... Flaming technology!!

Last edited:
It happened to me. I was so careful I used a mat, a towel on top and I had a cotton pad of nail polish remover which the mat didn't cover I didn't know. It took the varnish off. My client was really good about it but her partner rang me saying he was going to sue me. I rang me insurance company they told me to just sent the details to them. In the mean time I rang round to restoring wood companies and speak to someone to see if it could be revarnished. Lucky it was and cost me £50. I have since got a little tv portable table which I use now no matter what.

Definatly invest in a table, I have spilt things (gel remover) on my own table and it stuck the towel to the table. Its a pain to have to take a fold up table but I always refuse the use of clients tables, I do ask them to have chairs tho!

Glad you had a nice client tho, you can't do more than apoligise/offer to contact your insurance. Big hugs xx

Hi, i have been mobile for three years and always use their ironing board, everyone has one and the worst that can happen is a new cover, you can make it any height and the width is perfect, also saves carrying a portable table, afterall we have enough to carry!!. some techs on her can be a bit snotty about it not being professional but i have never had a client that minded.​

I use one of those felt backed heat resistance table covers. Rolls up really easy with my paper roll in the middle. Inexpensive water resistant coating you can clean really easy. So simple and works a treat.

Do yourselves a favour.. Do not use dining room tables. Use the ironing board, it's the right length and width and doesn't matter if you spill a thing!! And everyone has an ironing board.... Right??? Lol :))

Omg this has just happened to me today. The polish seeped through the towel off a cotton pad it was just a quick file and polish ten minutes tops... I know she was conscious of having the table marked. She seen it but said nothing so I didnt either but now I feel really guilty. I feel I may text her and tell her to send me the value of the damage as she is a very good client. Whwt a good idea using the ironing board I'm doing that in future. Its sooo horrible xx :eek::eek::thumbdown::thumbdown:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I don't have an ironing board lol I rarely iron anything but if I need to I just use a folded towel on the bench lol

You can buy a foldable table, I think ive read suggested a camping shop to buy them from. I got mine from home bargains, it was classed as a bbq table. Plain grey top, black legs, it also has a height adjustment. Folds neatly, it isn't very heavy, fits in my car perfectly. I can also clamp my light on to it. I have a towel over the surface, & couch roll over the towel, & fits on everything I need.

I wouldn't risk ruining any ones table, & I've seen the ironing board being used before, in my honest opinion I don't think it looks very professional.

Xx

For future reference I would check with insurance that they cover you for damage to client property. I was just going to take out a specific nail tech insurance as that's all I do but when I asked if it covered me in the event of damaging client property was told I wasn't and that I would need the full beauty insurance for extra £20 to be covered. Would rather pay that extra 20 than repairs or replacement tables etc x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

After my whoopsie, this is the table I bought! Not that I do a lot of mobile work now, but it's brilliant, light and easy to carry with just enough room!
I didn't buy it from here, I got it from another website but can't remember what it was!

http://www.outdoorworld.co.uk/crusader-jill-table

After my whoopsie, this is the table I bought! Not that I do a lot of mobile work now, but it's brilliant, light and easy to carry with just enough room!
I didn't buy it from here, I got it from another website but can't remember what it was!

http://www.outdoorworld.co.uk/crusader-jill-table

The only thing with these camping/picnic tables do you not find that they are a bit low? Or it's ok X

No I find it ok but like I say I don't use it an awful lot x

If I had a nail tech round who asked to use my ironing board i'de be a bit miffed ! X

I am definitely going to buy a portable table as soon as funds allow. I've ruined my table at home, luckily we're not keeping it much longer but so glad it was my table and nobody else's.

This is brilliant! I thought they would be so much more expensive than that!

Glad I could be of help, mines still going strong and i've had it for 3 years now and use it all the time. Although the bag that comes with it is awful and went moth eaten after a few months but I managed to buy a couch bag from ebay (which is huge but does the job) for around £10, you can also buy them from Beauty Express i think x

I've got a table now - was 15 from
Costco but I had an oil cloth table cloth from next (think cath kidston bag material) that guarded tables x

Latest posts

Back