mascara ???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rosey98

Reaction score
hi just wondering could any of you guys recomend a good smudge proof mascara that doesnt look clumpy?

Thanks in advance for your help. xo

Ive tried loads and the best ive found is Dior Maximeyes, its fab It is a bit pricey but if you know anyone who is going away get it from duty free to save a bit, well worth it youll never go back!

Ive tried loads and the best ive found is Dior Maximeyes, its fab It is a bit pricey but if you know anyone who is going away get it from duty free to save a bit, well worth it youll never go back!
thanku for that my husband is a frequent traveller with his job so i will get him to look out for it next week. xox

Boots.com - Shop -- Bourjois

This is my fave, it has a nice thin brush for the white making it really clump free, hth's
thanku, couldnt see if it was smudge free though, definitely need it to be other wise i seem to look like a panda by the end of the day. hee hee

They do a waterproof one which comes in the blue packaging, its really good also, HTH's

Ok, I'll probably get a lot of people rolling their eyes at this one LOL

but here goes

Avon - Astonishing lengths. REgular or waterproof.

I used to use all kinds and tonnes of the more expensive brands. Paying as much as 25$ a tube.:rolleyes: Never overly impressed.

Keeping in mind, if you use it daily, toss it and get a new one every 3 mths to avoid bacteria and clumpies. This is true of ANY mascara. They should not be kept longer than 6mths.

I found it expensive to keep doing that.
So I looked at cheaper alternatives.
Low and behold, the avon one does the trick for me.

I LOVE it! And will never try another again.

PLUS it's on sale every few months for 2.95$, so I'll buy 3 or 4 at a time.

It's affordable, and goes on very nice. I never have smudgies.
Give it a whirl. At that price, how can you go wrong? If you don't like, return it. Avon has a policy that if you're not satisfied, return for full refund.

Can't beat that.
:green:

I personally agree with that the Bourjois ones are very good, and so are Maybelline (The pink and geeen tube - 'Great Lash' is it?), but choose as waterproof/smudgeproof first and then thoroughly wash an old mascara brush. Once you have applied your Mascara, then just seperate your lashes out slightly with the clean brush....stops any clumps at all from any mascara....

Hope this helps!

Hiya
I use quite a few chanel bits..they are great

Jenx

I personally agree with that the Bourjois ones are very good, and so are Maybelline (The pink and geeen tube - 'Great Lash' is it?), but choose as waterproof/smudgeproof first and then thoroughly wash an old mascara brush. Once you have applied your Mascara, then just seperate your lashes out slightly with the clean brush....stops any clumps at all from any mascara....

Hope this helps!

Yes, it's 'great lash' WHICH I used to love, until it went up to 10$ a tube, LOL In fact, my avon one is JUST as good
:green:

I also cleaned an old mascara brush, and use that for seperating my lashes. I find those 'brush/lash' combs to be USELESS.

hth's

Ysl is a good one false lash effect

Yeah, I personally like the ones with the white and black double ended mascara, most companies do these now, take a look.
I'm using a mabelline (sp) at the min

hth

Maybelline or Chanel depending on your price range. Both are my fave masacara brands.

I wouldn't reccommend Benefits Bad Gal or Get Bent masacara as both go clumpy within a week, have tried several times ! Get Bet has excellent effects but most of the product ended up on a tissue as i had to keep wiping the wand :irked:

I am a mascara junkie! I have 5 on the go at the mo!

No 7 Stay Perfect - £9.50 @ boots - Stays on all day - not much volume

Maybelline Great Lash - £4.99 - no probs, an old fave

L'oreal Shocking Volume £9.99 (back and white one) - bit tricky to us the comb - looks a bit "spider eyes"

bourjois coup de theatre - £8.95 (back and white one) - nice mascara - took a while to figure out the trick of putting the black layer on while the white is still wet so you don't get crispy looking lashes.

Max Factor Masterpiece Mascara - £8.99 - The best mascara ever!! lasts all day, makes lashes long and thick but not crunchy, has the plastic brush, easy to use on lower lashes. Has converted 3 of my mates to this one.

xxx

clicky here YSL Faux lash effect is by far the best mascara I have ever tried - worth every penny.

I make do with Loreal Lash Architect/Voluminous when the pennies are tighter! Been planning to give Max Factor Masterpiece a go.

Tried loads of different brands/ types - I personally dont get on with the white/black layering ones or the comb brushes - crispy spiders legs here too LOL!! but each to their own.

Max factor masterpiece is fab, only starting using it recently and will be sticking to it from now on.

Max factor masterpiece is fab, only starting using it recently and will be sticking to it from now on.

This one gets my vote too! Feels like I have tried them all over the years but this is by far the best. Just used up all my last one and have had to use an old previous branded one - cant wait to go shopping to get my masterpiece back!

Maybelline one which has already mentioned is fab (pink & green tube) and also my fave at the moment is Clinique high impact mascara. These are the best 2 i have come across xx

Latest posts

Back