Massage oils - where do you buy yours from?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ADiva1

Reaction score
Can you guys who do massages tell me where you buy your supply of oils from?

And ... which oil do you mostly use? I am using Almond oil at the mo, which is a great all rounder.

So far I havent had anyone who has a nut allergy, but I might do! So, whats best?

Thanks!:hug:

Hi Andrea,I buy my oil from Sally's,I use the Soya bean with wheatgerm oil.Smells ok as well.

Eve Taylor do some lovely oils,lots or pre blended if you fancy a dabble in the aromatherapy side of things but aren't qualified to blend yourself.HTH

Usually Ellisons. I have a massage oil which is normally used with hot stones but can still be used without them and i have grapefruit & almond for anyone that doesn't like fragrances or is pregnant. hths :)

Thanks Laydees!:)

I tried Grapeseed oil at college and it was alright. I find that it absorbs easily in the skin, so I had to keep reapplying.

Grapefruit must be lovley AND I didnt know that Sally's did oils either.

I looked on Eve Taylor's site for skincare and stumbled over the oils there too Babs!

Jojoba is meant to be good, but I dont really know who's best to buy from and would give me the real stuff!

I can vouch for Eve Taylor's products as I use them in my facial range and their products are gorgeous,they only use finest,premium quality pure essential oils.

There are loads in the wholesalers to choose from,the one I use is fine,dont find it's too easily absorbed either.Dont usually ever have to add more oil whilst massaging unless somebody has excessively dry skin or thirsty skin.

Sorry i actually meant to write grapeseed but i do have a grapefruit essential oil somewhere :o

Another one i use is Wheatgerm oil which is very rich and ive also been told prevents stretch marks if your pregnant.

Most of my oils are manufactured by Hive so i guess you could buy them direct or from any wholesaler that stocks them.

Sorry i actually meant to write grapeseed but i do have a grapefruit essential oil somewhere :o

Another one i use is Wheatgerm oil which is very rich and ive also been told prevents stretch marks if your pregnant.

Most of my oils are manufactured by Hive so i guess you could buy them direct or from any wholesaler that stocks them.
Yes Juliette,the wheatgerm I use is lovely and rich,a little bit goes a long way.Not too pricey either.

You could try Home they're nice and good prices, for a good all rounder you could try grapeseed oil
ali

Eve Taylor for Body oils they are lovely:hug:

I use oils from Amphora Aromatics, everyone comments that they smell lovely.

I have got some from Avon & Sally's also do them!!

If you are going to use essential oils they need to be in a vegetable oil.Even sunflower oil is fine as long as it doesnt smell you can use it. Grapeseed good but very green will eventually stain everything.I prefer almond for all rounder but if it didnt agree i would use sunflower i know we cook with it but it really is fine to massage with ...honest.

If you are going to use essential oils they need to be in a vegetable oil.Even sunflower oil is fine as long as it doesnt smell you can use it. Grapeseed good but very green will eventually stain everything.I prefer almond for all rounder but if it didnt agree i would use sunflower i know we cook with it but it really is fine to massage with ...honest.

I agree that essential oils should be in a vegetable oil base.I usually use a vegetable oil when blending essential oils.But you find many therapists dont use a veg base.

I tend to go for a grapeseed,but you can use Avocado,calendula,jojoba,macadamia nut,wheatgerm,sunflower,sweet almond,these are to name a few.

Tisserand do some lovely carrier oils as well.

Also grapeseed is excellent as it is light,non greasy,absorbs into the skin quickly and is actually unlikely to stain the clothes,I certainly have had no problems with any staining anyway.HTH

I dont agree that essential oils need to be in a vegetable oil base.I never use a vegetable oil when blending essential oils.

I tend to go for a grapeseed,but you can use Avocado,calendula,jojoba,macadamia nut,wheatgerm,sunflower,sweet almond,these are to name a few.

Tisserand do some lovely carrier oils as well.

Also grapeseed is excellent as it is light,non greasy,absorbs into the skin quickly and is actually unlikely to stain the clothes,I certainly have had no problems with any staining anyway.HTH

no not for the aroma you dont need to put them in vegetable oil.I am a tisserand qualified aromatherapist trained by the chap himself and for treatment and effect they should be in vegtable oil.

I agree essential oils disolve most effectively in vegetable oils but it's not a must.The ones I listed earlier are some of the more popular.:hug:

I agree essential oils disolve most effectively in vegetable oils but it's not a must.The ones I listed earlier are some of the more popular.:hug:
Its not to do with them dissolving in the oil its to do with the absortion into the skin mineral oil sits on the skin.Probably we are not talking about aromatherapists here just for general massage so it doesnt matter but if you are blending oils to treat a certain thing then they need to be in a vegetable oil and not a mineral oil which is usually a by product of the petroleum industry.

I have changed my post because I wasn't making sense.LOL.What I was trying to say is that I usually use a vegetable oil when carrying out armatherapy massage but a lot of therapists dont and a lot of therapists dont see it as a must.It depends what you are carrying out the aromatherapy massage for,If its purely relaxation its not a must.If its for specific problems then I would say yes it is.

I know many that see the carrier oil as just that,an oil to carry the essential oils,whilst any vegetable oil could be used as a carrier oil,each one has particular properties that can enhance the treatment,especially when treating specific skin conditions.

Excuse my waffling on,not feeling great and rushed my thread a bit.

I have changed my post because I wasn't making sense.LOL.What I was trying to say is that I always use a vegetable oil when carrying out armatherapy massage but a lot of therapists dont and a lot of therapists dont see it as a must.

I know many that see the carrier oil as just that,an oil to carry the essential oils,whilst any vegetable oil could be used as a carrier oil,each one has particular properties that can enhance the treatment,especially when treating specific skin conditions.

Excuse my waffling on,not feeling great and rushed my thread a bit.
I thought we were going to have our first domestic:lol:

I now agree with everything you've said x

I thought we were going to have our first domestic:lol:

I now agree with everything you've said x

Lol,think I am going mad,couldn't see what you were saying then had to re read everything I had written and looked like someone else had written it cause it wasn't right.

Going to bed in a min,got stinking cold.xx:hug:

Lol,think I am going mad,couldn't see what you were saying then had to re read everything I had written and looked like someone else had written it cause it wasn't right.

Going to bed in a min,got stinking cold.xx:hug:
What you need is some eucylyptus and lavender in some vegetable oil.:lol:

Have a good sleep x

Latest posts

Back