Mehndi... Im having a go....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what about oil?

Hi,

I think Redbridge college do training in Henna decoration and Mehndi. I think it is a 10 week evening course but i am not sure of the start dates.

Rachel

jac extreme said:
what about oil?
eucalyptus if i remember rightly, though there is an alternative, but cant remember it.you can get templates, theyre rubbery so they hold in place. if you are nervous about designing straight on to the skin, try marking out your design with a water errasable fabric marker.

yes that sounds right.

Where can you get this?
gracy said:
you can get coloured henna with glitter added in it also, extremly pretty when the sun catches it, and yes lemon makes henna go darker.

Well, I woke up this morning and was quite pleased to see the colour of my design had deepened. I hadnt realised that it carries on once the paste had flaked off :rolleyes:
I asked the girl who does the Indian Bridal Mehndi about rubbing an oil in and she said no because these cones already have Eucalyptus in them (they smelled lovely). She did say they sometimes soften dry skin with a mild body lotion.
She also told me about the glitter henna that Dawn mentioned but, we got interrupted and didnt get to finish that convo which is a shame as Id like to see that too. Anyway, I may get to find out next week as although that course finished today, she has ordered some Pink Grapefruit Scentsations from me, so I will be seeing her again. Ive also now got an invite to a traditional family wedding in Aug so that I can watch how they prepare the bride... wooo hoo... cant wait!!

I am really jealous!

Did she give you a website for supplies?

vic1082 said:
I am really jealous!

Did she give you a website for supplies?
No Vic, her sister has just come back from India and brought these cones with her.
Near Bham there is a large area of Asian shops.. Clothing, Bridal, Jewellery etc. I was told I would be able to pick stuff up from there and that the ready made cones are really cheap but, sometimes the henna isnt that strong in them.
My classes are all coming to an end now with the exception of one and I will have more time on my hands to go look. Anything I find out that I think might be useful to anyone, I will post.

Thanx Lellipop & BG for the sites... off to browse! :wink2:

I want this one....

I love it!

Cool, has anyone ordered off this site? The cones look pretty cheap but is that all you need or do you need to buy more stuff to go with it?

Well someone just gave me the cone and nothing else. I just got stuck in and tried to remember some of the patterns Ive seen.
Ive gone over my pattern again tonight and dabbed with lemonjuice/water as its drying out.
Im hoping the colour will be a bit deeper in the morning!
If the colour looks any deeper, Ill post another pic :rolleyes:

vic1082 said:
I want this one....

I love it!
Vic, and anyone else still interested in this...regarding our expanding conversation in the 'Shoutbox'... be careful if you go for this one. I wanted to create and Indian wedding look ...Nails & Mehndi hands and feet.
Only wanted it on my hand for a photo. Did hand, took photo, wiped Mehndi straight off... and it had already taken, after about just 15 mins :eek:
Apparently some body parts take better than others, so practice on an unseen bit before going for your hand, especially if you want something a bit complicated!

Glorsclaws said:
Vic, and anyone else still interested in this...regarding our expanding conversation in the 'Shoutbox'... be careful if you go for this one. I wanted to create and Indian wedding look ...Nails & Mehndi hands and feet.
Only wanted it on my hand for a photo. Did hand, took photo, wiped Mehndi straight off... and it had already taken, after about just 15 mins :eek:
Apparently some body parts take better than others, so practice on an unseen bit before going for your hand, especially if you want something a bit complicated!

i got some cones and have had a practice on my husbands foot, lol

kalchis said:
i got some cones and have had a practice on my husbands foot, lol

How did it go? Any pics? Where did you get your stuff from?

Hi guy's not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for but at the weekend i did a village fete & offered henna tattoo's.

I got the kit from Claires for £5, it comes with a fairly large tube of Henna with different nozzles & stencils for tats's & a mehndi stencil.

Might be cheap enough for you to have a play around with.

Worked pretty good except we were pushed for time so they didnt come out too dark as we couldn't leave them on for too long.

It comes in a little zip bag.

HTH's
xxxxx

If anyone is still looking for pro henna workshops or henna & glitter products have a look at my site :

www.hennaspirit.com

I might be wrong but doesnt our lovely davinia do mendhi?? x

Latest posts

Back