Mehndi... Im having a go....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have a body art book on g'bay at the mo not much interest though so can give away if anyone wants it
xx

I can feel lots of mehendi pics on their way.

Me too!!! We might need a new form calld the henna Geek!!

Tilly xx

No I was wrong!

They don't do it!

books gone
cheers xx

AWW Vic!!! I'll keep looking on Google then!

I'll bet they'll have info on it at Excel or GMEX when Professional Beauty is on!

K x

Ok here it is, lol!!!
Now Im quite pleased with my pattern ... surprised how easy it is too!
But, as I decided to paint my nails before showing you all... well they were chipped :o ...bits of the paste have flaked off as I creased the skin bending my foot!
Bit disappointed how light its looking underneath :sad:
Girl in my class was beautiful, really dark (wasnt black henna btw)
She said something about sprinkling it with lemon water while it was drying, so that it didnt dry out too quick and 'stained' deeper... but I was in a hurry to show you guys (gotta blame something, lol!)
Oh well... at least I can cover with shoes.... didnt think I was going to do my hand on a first attempt did ya :lol:

Attachments

• Picture 1695.jpg
    Picture 1695.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 145
WOW!! They look super smashing great!!!!

Ten out of Ten!!!

Tilly xx

That is gorgeous...excuse me for being dim...did you do that freehand or with some kind of template?

I want some!!!
I feel a new course and a new craze coming on!!

Hiya Angela,
You do it free hand... dunno if there are templates too, wouldnt have thought so.
Here are a few pics of the cone, to give you an idea of the size and how you apply etc.
Im a bit disappointed that it hasnt stained my skin very dark. Wonder if it works better on Asian skin!
My feet are whiter than white as they never see daylight.
Have just gone over it again in the hope it might come out deeper.
Any questions, ask away and Ill relay them to my 'little expert' tomorrow! :wink2:

Attachments

• Copy of Picture 1711.jpg
    Copy of Picture 1711.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 66
  • Picture 1704 (2).jpg
    Picture 1704 (2).jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 88
Fab! I want a go too! If anyone finds any kits for sale please share the info. Don't know if I'd do it on clients though, I'd be scared of making a mess. A course sounds like fun but could be a waste of money if there is no demand for it.

From what I have found by searching on google there are not many henna tutors/teachers.

I think it is pretty much buy and try!

On one site though it did say you should have a flair for art as it is quite tricky.

You can buy kits from e-bay and off henna sites.

Watch out for the black henna!

I teach an Asian ladies group on a Friday morning and they told me that there are plenty of free one day classes being offered around the Bham area.
Up to now they all seem to clash with my own classes but, sooner or later I will get on one.
The cones are cheap, apparently just a few quid.
If you have an area near you with any Asian stores, go in and ask. Ive been told they pretty much all sell them.
If you decide to have a go, why not try your foot first like me, you can always hide it then, lol!
It is a bit tricky bending over and keeping your hand steady though.

I really want to have ago!

I might get designing some patterns!

Hey guys.
If people are seriously interested in doing henna then I would highly recommend visiting www.thehennapage.com.

There is a forum, how to's, free patterns etc etc. I virtually lived online there when I used to do henna.

A few quicky tips as the best place to get info is from them and not me :) but:

the best henna you can get is henna you mix yourself. There are lots of recipes and variations to try but good henna WILL go off so you will get the best colour mixing yourself rather than buying pre-mixed off a shelf.

to get the best colour keep wetting the henna lightly with a solution of lemon juice and water. The lemon juice acts as an activator, and keeping the henna slightly moist will keep it working on your skin for longer. Also, as it's slightly damp it's less likely to flake off too soon and shorten your developing time.

Like I said, The Henna Page is a fab site and will probably give you all the info you need :D Good luck geeks!

Glorsclaws said:
Ok here it is, lol!!!
But, as I decided to paint my nails before showing you all... well they were chipped :o ...bits of the paste have flaked off as I creased the skin bending my foot!
She said something about sprinkling it with lemon water while it was drying, so that it didnt dry out too quick and 'stained' deeper... but I was in a hurry to show you guys (gotta blame something, lol!)
Oh well... at least I can cover with shoes.... didnt think I was going to do my hand on a first attempt did ya :lol:

There are no end to your talents are there! - that's fab :D

Hi Glo, when I told the lady that I got mine from that I thought it was a little light she said if you want to make it darker you put an oil on your skin, I will find out which one later, apparntly tyhe warmer the body the darker it goes, Im sure one of your asian ladies will know the answrer to that one too.

Glorsclaws said:
Ok here it is, lol!!!

Really nice! You are sooo creative!

you can get coloured henna with glitter added in it also, extremly pretty when the sun catches it, and yes lemon makes henna go darker.

Latest posts

Back