Mens waxing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh God, I can just picture one of my dozy juniors hollering "Mr Jones is here for his 9.30 bollock wax" across the salon on a packed Saturday! It would happen I promise you!

can you imagine :o

Agreed. However, there are a lot of therapists who have been put on short hours around us, tha knows! I wonder if there are any around Leonni?
Have you used the recruitment section of this site, Leonni?

What I was trying to say is that we therapists who wax men are in demand already, that is why we are not looking for work!

Aha!
I'm having yet another blonde moment!

well the lady said she didnt think shed be able to do it as she does it for a salon already on sat.seems like alot of salons bring other people in to do it.

had a look on axiom training not sure about kims dates and how would i find willing victims oops i mean models ...
axiom has one november as sept is full and its on my due date.. and id have to do one pretty sharpish or wait until early next year :cry:

:grr:

Last edited:
well the lady said she didnt think shed be able to do it as she does it for a salon already on sat.seems like alot of salons bring other people in to do it.

had a look on axiom training not sure about kims dates and how would i find willing victims oops i mean models ...
axiom has one november as sept is full and its on my due date.. and id have to do one pretty sharpish or wait until early next year :cry:

:grr:

If you email Axiom you can arrange one-to-one training with him at his salon and he will provide the models. If you have any difficulty getting models, ask me, as I am only 20 mins away from Andy and I can probably send one or two of my guys along.

il send him a message and fingers crossed...he is closest to me in docklands.. i dont want to risk travelling to far at the mo. didnt know he did it out those dates thats abit more hopeful now.

had a few therapist ive called so far say ' oh i know a good place to train ' and they were all talking about him or kim :).

talk about good reputation..

not sure about kims dates and how would i find willing victims oops i mean models ...

There's the models social group on the salongeek (not sure how many male waxing models are on there) or my mad invention salon guinea pig, http://www.salonguineapig.co.uk/ - hope that helps if you or anyone are having trouble finding models...
Posted via Mobile Device

Gulp - I've plucked up the courage to be a willing volunteer / model /victim*

Registered on salonguineapig and Axiom. There's also a social group in here as well.

*delete as appropriate

What I was trying to say is that we therapists who wax men are in demand already, that is why we are not looking for work!

do you think its more in demand then female waxing?

do you think its more in demand then female waxing?

No, I wouldn't necessarily say that, but there are a lot less therapists offering it.

I have been doing male intimate waxing for about 3 years now, but work for myself, I was approched by a very up market salon who asked me if i would do a days waxing for them as they wanted to offer male intimate waxing, but then were not willing to pay a decent rate for the days work and for the skills that i have, they then said that they were not sure about offering intimate waxing lol , so i decided to stay as i am, self employed. With male intimate waxing it takes time to build up a good client base, some guys are still very unsure when they come for a the first time treatment, and you have to work hard to build up their confidence, but once you have them and they like the results, they will keep coming back to you and are very loyal. I know that in my area there is only a couple of us who will undertake intimate male waxing, ( most will only do guys chests and backs ) I hope you find a good therapist as there are more men who are wanting to have an intimate waxing treatment, and some of the comments from the wives and girlfriends of my clients, they like their men to be that bit neater down there.:)
regds Phil

i found someone finally through an agency. :cry:

i think im still going to have do train myself due to how hard it is find someone..

i really need to back myself up in this area

Any number of my clients (in fact, most of them) are mildly horrified when I tell them I do men's intimate waxing! I think the fact that I'm an RGN, and have seen hundreds, if not thousands of winkles and googlies, I think prepares me for anything!

Any number of my clients (in fact, most of them) are mildly horrified when I tell them I do men's intimate waxing! I think the fact that I'm an RGN, and have seen hundreds, if not thousands of winkles and googlies, I think prepares me for anything!

WINKLES ? :eek: thats so funny :lol: I used to get them out of shells with a pin and eat them as a kid they were curly little beggers :lol:

i think that may be the case as the one and only person i found said salon was too far..

i will be doing training myself but in the meantime im turning away at least 4/5 potential customers a week which is quite hard.

ive tried agencys but nothing.. no-one to be employed anywhooo

Oh God, I can just picture one of my dozy juniors hollering "Mr Jones is here for his 9.30 bollock wax" across the salon on a packed Saturday! It would happen I promise you!
ha ha that would be so funny !

Hi there, I only joined this site in the last couple of days and came across your posting on male intimate waxing. I realise that the post is quite old now but i am a therapist and i trained in male intimate waxing last summer with Andy Rouillard of Axiom. I have my now home treatment room from which i work in north east london and also up until recently was working part time in a male only hair and beauty salon. I decided to work for myself completely and have been looking for a room centrally located as i feel where i am is to fiddly to get to as im not on an underground station for some who call me from various areas in London about the intimate waxing.
So! if you are still looking for someone in this area i could be the therapist for you....maybe 1 or 2 days in the week - would consider employed or renting room.
Hope to hear back :)

Afraid I'm not a professional or in the business. I was recommended to a 'professional' waxer (on the insistance of my wife) and had the dreaded male intimate wax 2 weeks ago. To be honest I didn't find it as painful as i thought it would be - but am now suffering the consequences. I am still very sore - red raw still in places and I don't know how to treat this. My wife gave me a moisturiser but it seems to make things worse. Any help will be much appreciated. This might seem ironic but I'm uncomfortable about going to the doctor as she is a 60+ lady.

Just want to clarify that last post of mine. When I describe myself as sore, I was bleeding a lot after the treatment and the skin appears to have layers taken off. It is still so obviously red and painful that I'm having trouble even sleeping comfortably and wearinfg fitted clothing. Even though it was my first time I have to presume this isn't normal. I don't think I'll be coming back for more.

Latest posts

Back