Mica powders

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My most popular with clients is fades with mica powder.

Hi, wow, I can't stop looking at your pictures! They're fantastic, especially the black/grey.

Can you tell me how you get the fade so gradual? It looks stunning!

Mandy xx

Hi, wow, I can't stop looking at your pictures! They're fantastic, especially the black/grey.

Can you tell me how you get the fade so gradual? It looks stunning!

Mandy xx

It's easy peazy, all I do is use a soft make up brush, brush and dab down till it grades in.

Thank you, i had that on my nails for 3 weeks, looked lovely. No it's actually tutti frutti with blue mica powder

which is the tutti frutti with blue mica? the one with the bottle of shellac topcoat or the one with the raffia ball?

only asking as i know the colour that mica is placed over can change the colour of the mica

which is the tutti frutti with blue mica? the one with the bottle of shellac topcoat or the one with the raffia ball?

only asking as i know the colour that mica is placed over can change the colour of the mica
It's the one with raffia ball, I know it shocking how different they can turn out x

It's the one with raffia ball, I know it shocking how different they can turn out x

You may have already said this, so I apologise! Where did you buy your mica from please? Xx

You may have already said this, so I apologise! Where did you buy your mica from please? Xx

I use mostly stargazer, a few years back I bought 20 colours for 50p each when they discontinued out of new look. You can still get it on eBay.

I also use Barry m

This is 21 of the 24 pack of cosmetic grade mica pigments from colour shack. There was another purple, a red and a silver which didn't fit nicely into my colour wheel picture!

Really pleased with how vibrant & pure looking the colours are so thought I would share a photo as I know people are interested in other options than the CND additives.

I just received these today so will be having a go swatching later and also I have some spare little pots to mix up some custom colour blends too.

:biggrin:

IMAG0178.jpg

These look amazing! Im looking for a new mica set as mine is running out and want to update my colour selection. Looking forward to seeing some pics!

I got a 6 pack of these from colour shack and the colours are gorgeous. There's quite a few I have my eye on but will have a play with these ones first this week. The other ones I bought, I have given to hubby to use with his artwork. These ones I know are cosmetic grade so that makes me feel better about using them :wink2:

Thanks! I had noticed that some of them weren't listed as cosmetic grade, it's the cosmetic grade glitters and cosmetic grade mica powders sets that have 24 in each I was considering buying. Not sure whether to buy the smaller packs to start with but it's too hard to decide which colours to get first!! :)

Just be aware that colour shack sell craft glitter/pigments as well as the cosmetic grade ones. They are clearly labelled which is which though but just so you know to look!

You are absolutely rightmthey clearly mark their micas for nails and toes, but if you are unsure just contact them they are really lovely people x

As far as the pigments go, I chose the 24 pack rather than one of the smaller ones as it worked out cheaper per pot and also I wanted to be sure of having red, yellow, blue, white and black so that I could mix any colour I needed going forward. (non of the smaller packs contained all these)

I understand that this is basis of the CND additives and part of what will have been demonstrated today at the launch event. (hence why the kit colours are red yellow blue, black, white and an effect!)

Looking forward to hearing back from the geeks that attended!

Thanks I didn't think of that the 24 pack it is then :) I'm looking at the glitter set too

Had to repost my swatches as mod deleted because the pic was too big! whoops!

As before these are the colours in the 24 pack cosmetic grade micas from colour shack.
Not shown is white, black, and two silvers.

Apologies for the messed up red ones, I accidentally wiped off the top coat before curing and so the colour wiped away.

IMAG0184.jpg

Oh my god I have got to have these. EBay here I come lol. What colour did you use as your bade colour? Xx

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using SalonGeek

Oh my god I have got to have these. EBay here I come lol. What colour did you use as your bade colour? Xx

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using SalonGeek

I ordered yesterday too! Can't wait for them to arrive! :D

Base is Gelish Sheek White.

lol i should have guessed that shouldn't I really considering the wheel is clear and the nail you accidently messed up is white underneath! Blonde moment lol xx

Base is Gelish Sheek White.

Did you get the 24 pack which is for henna art etc? It doesn't mention nail art on these but they are cosmetic mica so I'm assuming it's fine? X

Hi,

yes that is the one I got. Another geek had previously asked the seller if these were suitable for nail art and they are... They went onto the tacky layer like a dream and I got complete coverage with hardly any powder used. I was also able to brush off the excess easily and when I put the top coat on it didn't stick or drag the colour with it.

Thank you! X

Well I ordered them! They came really quickly and I did my own today. Lovely colours! X

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1343661997.682801.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1343661997.682801.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 509
Well I ordered them! They came really quickly and I did my own today. Lovely colours! X

They're gorgeous! I received mine last weekend but still haven't had the chance to play with them yet just been drooling over the colours!

They're gorgeous! I received mine last weekend but still haven't had the chance to play with them yet just been drooling over the colours!

Thank you! The colours are amazing! X

Latest posts

Back