Mica powders

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you! I agree, the colours are fabulous. X

These are beautiful! It is starting to annoy me now that the CND additives have come out that people are rubbishing mica and saying you only get wishy washy pearliased finish when it is not true and you picture prooves it! Fantastic and beautiful! I love that turquoise blue colour.

The only wishy pearl ones are the pastel pearl ones. The rest are vibrant and bright. I love mica, I have my pearls,brights,darks,metallics etc so many too choose from. In all honesty I would rather carry round an extra case of micas with an amazing colour choice than having to mix additives. Everything that cnd do with additives I can do with mica so I don't see the point in spending money in something I already have. IMO x

Well I ordered them! They came really quickly and I did my own today. Lovely colours! X

Lovely vivid colours! What system is this on? Is it shellac? If so, have u put on sticky inhibition layer or onto uncured Shellac?

Lovely vivid colours! What system is this on? Is it shellac? If so, have u put on sticky inhibition layer or onto uncured Shellac?

I have the same ones and I have used 2 methods, first just rubbed into the tacky layer just like rockstars, you use the teeniest amount of powder and get a great coverage, it's great and the colours stay really vivid! Then the second method I used on what I'm wearing now, was to mix the mica with some clearly pink Shellac, apply with my Brisa Gel brush, cure, then scrub the matching mica glitter into the tacky layer, top coat, cure and done :) HTH

This is on Gelish. I used 2 coats of white and brushed the powder onto the sticky layer of the second coat. Then top coated. So easy! X

I have the same ones and I have used 2 methods, first just rubbed into the tacky layer just like rockstars, you use the teeniest amount of powder and get a great coverage, it's great and the colours stay really vivid! Then the second method I used on what I'm wearing now, was to mix the mica with some clearly pink Shellac, apply with my Brisa Gel brush, cure, then scrub the matching mica glitter into the tacky layer, top coat, cure and done :) HTH
Yes it does! Thank you x

Has anyone had any problems with mica catching in the eponicium area and side walls? I'm applying the powder to the sticky layer of shellac or Gelish but lots of power gets stuck in the edges. When I apply top coat I'm being extra careful to cover the nail with it so that no powder comes off when cleansing. I'm then finding that some of the powder is caught under the top coat around the edges when I take the sticky layer off. Is it just me?! Do i need to be very precise with my mica application so that it only goes on the colour? X

My mica powders i had a play the other night. The first few i messed up a bit but got the hang of it :lol:

Attachments

• IMG_1419.jpg
    IMG_1419.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 512
They look lovely.

Does anyone know if you can get mica powders that don't give a pearl/shimmer finish? I'm after the colours you can get ,but want a matt finish.

Has anyone had any problems with mica catching in the eponicium area and side walls? I'm applying the powder to the sticky layer of shellac or Gelish but lots of power gets stuck in the edges. When I apply top coat I'm being extra careful to cover the nail with it so that no powder comes off when cleansing. I'm then finding that some of the powder is caught under the top coat around the edges when I take the sticky layer off. Is it just me?! Do i need to be very precise with my mica application so that it only goes on the colour? X

Once I've pressed the mica into the sticky layer I just use a little nail art fan brush to brush away any loose powder before adding the top coat xx

Once I've pressed the mica into the sticky layer I just use a little nail art fan brush to brush away any loose powder before adding the top coat xx

Thank you. I did do that, but the dark blue I used still seemed to be stuck! I think I need to be a bit more careful! Xx

I do use a very tiny brush, mica goes a very long way plus once I've dipped the brush into the powder I then tap it on the side of the pot to get rid of the excess.

Bit like applying blusher, learnt that after years of going out like coco the clown lol :eek:

Xxxxx

im trying the powders too but finding mixed results. Some shinkage at the free edge gelish ok but colour powder if that makes any sence. i also apply one top coat. any advice will be apprieciated :rolleyes:

Have you tried going round the edge of the nail with the pointed end of an orange stick (or a cocktail stick) before curing the topcoat? To ensure all powder debris is gone from the margins?? Xx

Have you tried going round the edge of the nail with the pointed end of an orange stick (or a cocktail stick) before curing the topcoat? To ensure all powder debris is gone from the margins?? Xx

Good idea! Will give it a go...thank you! ;-)

I've tried mica powder twice now, one on a customer and on my own fingers at the moment.

When I did a customer she complained of chipping issues within 2 days, previously she'd been a Shellac customer with no issues...

I've now had mine on now for 3 days and the free edge has gone and there is very, very slight chipping which is unusual for me too.

Would be really interested to hear how others are getting on with it.

will give the orange stick trick a go. but a few others seen to be having a couple of teething problem i supporse its just new and practice practice. but any other comments welcome. You can never stop learning and thank god for salon geek thanks everyone.

I've tried mica powder twice now, one on a customer and on my own fingers at the moment.

When I did a customer she complained of chipping issues within 2 days, previously she'd been a Shellac customer with no issues...

I've now had mine on now for 3 days and the free edge has gone and there is very, very slight chipping which is unusual for me too.

Would be really interested to hear how others are getting on with it.
I experienced the same although it was mica over shellac on top of liquid and powder. ( no concerns before)
I stoped doing it all over and only do it now as a fade x

Latest posts

Back