Microdermabrasion slated in The Sun today

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlalouise

Reaction score
Just had the heads up from a client that The Sun has an article in the paper today regarding Microdermabrasion.

Mum reveals what beauty ‘sandblasting’ did to her face | The Sun |News

Apparently this lady, "a beautician" was having the treatment done once a fortnight for 3 years and guess what she has a red raw face!!

I'm hoping anyone who reads it is sensible enough to know that she has abused the treatment and as a beautician should have known better, what was she doing letting her skin get to that stage! and don't even get me started on the greedy salon/clinic that performed the treatments!!

Urgh ! Drives you mad doesn't it!! What a shame!

Seriously this is ridiculous, she says she is a beautician, did she not learn A&P? If she had she would know how the skin works and repairs itself. This alone should have told her that having Micro that often would only do harm and damage. The beauty place she visited should have informed her not to have that many.

So both are to blame in my opinion.

I had microdermabrasion once and it left my skin red raw with lovely track marks all over it.

I do have VERY sensitive skin though!

Hardly a article is it!!! Not much information about what happened! Silly silly woman, a beautician my a**e, people like that that make us hard working PROFESSIONAL therapist a bad name!
But then again it is the sun :p

I had microdermabrasion once and it left my skin red raw with lovely track marks all over it.

I do have VERY sensitive skin though!

That happened to a friend of mine, she had red streaks all over her face! This shouldn't happen and I would say that was down to the therapist not your skin. I do Microdermabrasion on people with very sensitive skin, you just have to keep the pressure light and the volume low.

Everyone's skin is unique, their skin functions differently than everyone else's. I have done Microdermabrasion for 8 years and people certainly get excellent results with different schedules of service. However, this salon/tech./client situation was obviously bad from the start!!
I have some clients in a maintenance schedule for over 4 years, but not every week!!
That's just too bad that happened, it gives people the wrong idea altogether. :smack:

Hahaha it made me laugh how they said ....A beauty therapist “scrubs” the face with abrasive crystals. Its hardly scrubbing it. Unless i'm doing something wrong lol.
And sorry but her eyebrows look awful :D
Your skin tells you when you need it. I say this to my clients they will just know! But you would tell them if they were having to many! People can get addicted though which is what must have happened here and this was this ladies skin saying 'leave me alone now' But to go to the papers....ppffffft. Why?

oh well the Sun is always completely correct and accurate.
Just like the daily hate mail, published an article from an 'expert' saying that moisturisers with active ingredients dont work cos they cant permiate the skin, yet next thing theyre publishing articles about fab new products and treatments that are the next big thing.

No credibility in anything they write

I read or heard about that Matt, so why do HRT/Non Smoking patches work when nothing gets through the skin.

Or with my lack of experience and science knowledge have I got it wrong.

I look forward to being educated he he

I'm quite new to the beauty industry and it made my blood boil reading the article, in fact, I've cut it out and have kept a copy to be able to discuss with future clients should they have any concdens after seeing the article. Does this woman know anything about the skin??? That's what really worries me about some people who claim they are 'beauticians' and do not know the basics - very worrying....

Latest posts

Back