Microdermabrasion Systems - What do you use?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milliondollars

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I am looking into offering microdermabrasion in the salon in the future and I was wondering what everyone used.
I have heard good things about Crystal Clear and I like their 'look' but was wondering what everyon else used and whether anyone had done any comparisons.
Any rough set-up costs would also be great, please PM me with any info. I have contacted a few ompanies and am just waiting to hear back. Im leaning towards Crystal Clear at the moment as their training seems to look good, however I dont know anyone that has been on it!

Any help would be great thanks Geeks x:lol::lol:

I use Skinbase which is fantastic for me!
If you do a search you will see plenty of good threads on the system.
I have it on a PAYG as I havent the money at the moment to buy a machine and it fits me great!
Once ive come to the end of the initial contract, if Ive built up even more clients then Id look at investing in a machine of my own.

Crystal Clear is fantastic, I used to have regular treatments with them a couple of years back and it was amazing, so deffinately do consider them too!

Hi

I also am using skin base, fantastic support but not a good long term prospect, I would definately recommend for a short period (minimum is 6 months) of time before investing in your own machine. Hope this helps is my 1st post. :)

Hi

I also am using skin base, fantastic support but not a good long term prospect, I would definately recommend for a short period (minimum is 6 months) of time before investing in your own machine. Hope this helps is my 1st post. :)

I agree with you there! It's a great way to start off if you cannot buy one, but by the end of the 6 months you may well have made enough to buy one.
Skinbase do sell them outright too and offer a credit agreement to pay it monthly then it's yours at the end!

If you're going to buy outright, be sure to research thoroughly and get a reputable seller which gives a good warranty. I know someone that got skanked big time when hers broke resulting in having to buy a new one (from a different company)

Sorry wrong post

Last edited:
Coming from hair I couldn't recommend but I will only have crystal clear facials and I always suggest crystal clear too :) I know it won't help but always good to hear views on it from people that have them

Sent from my iPod touch using SalonGeek

Have you looked at novita machines? They're paramedical grade so really good for acne scarring.

Have you looked at novita machines? They're paramedical grade so really good for acne scarring.

Lynne, does the novita machine go under normal mdb insurance or do you need a higher insurance with it being a paramedical grade?

I'm interested in looking at buying a machine outright once my contract with skinbase is up, so looking at different options

As far as I'm aware, and certainly with babtac, the insurance is just the same.

Thanks so much for your advice, will have a look at all of those mentioned. I think it night be a good idea to rent for 6 months and then decide how popular it is And take it from there. Have any if you tried/own CACI? x

Hi Milliondollars, I have sent you a message re cheaper, non branded machines for microdermabrasion and non surgical facelifting. You dont get all the marketing help and the famous name publicity etc but they are much cheaper and come with good training. Not for everyone but great for those who are not in a position to be able to afford the big brands, however fantastic they may be!:)

Thanks for your help! Shall investigate xx

I've always liked the Carlton Crystal + Diamond machine.

Could someone advise me. I have been doing mobile eyelash extension treatments and am considering working purely from my living room and doing other treatments such as tanning, wraps and possibly microdermabrasion. I know that health and safety do not require any special provisions for normal beauty treatments, however with microdermabrasion are you required to have a sink in the room and washable walls and floors? Any advice would be appreciated here. Thanks

Medispa uk do really reasonably price crystal and diamond microdermabrasion machines to go with there puramed professional skincare line and they do training I did my skin peel training with them there website is puramedprofessionaluk.co.uk

Could someone advise me. I have been doing mobile eyelash extension treatments and am considering working purely from my living room and doing other treatments such as tanning, wraps and possibly microdermabrasion. I know that health and safety do not require any special provisions for normal beauty treatments, however with microdermabrasion are you required to have a sink in the room and washable walls and floors? Any advice would be appreciated here. Thanks

This is something you'd have to ask your local council, as I have a feeling they all differ. Certainly where I am all floors need to be washable and all walls wipable, for any beauty or holistic treatments, so a living room set up would not be accepted, but check where you are and you'll get all the answers you need.

Hi Milliondollars, I have sent you a message re cheaper, non branded machines for microdermabrasion and non surgical facelifting. You dont get all the marketing help and the famous name publicity etc but they are much cheaper and come with good training. Not for everyone but great for those who are not in a position to be able to afford the big brands, however fantastic they may be!:)

Hi, would it be possible for you to send me this information too as I am looking into microdermabrasion but not flush with funds at the moment, but would like to give quality treatments.

paige

Hi
I got a crystal clear machine 5 years ago and it has more than paid for it's self. Great results so clients keep coming back. My only reservation looking back is I wish I'd taken a loan out and not leased it as I am sure I have paid out more. I have bought it now and its still popular so i was happy. If you do go for them just weigh up the cost of leasing or a loan and be sure you are aware of the buy out costs.
Good luck x

Hi
Would you mind telling me the price of the machine and what about cost of crystals and how much do you use for each facial.
Thanks susan x

Sent from my GT-I5510 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back