Microsoft Publisher for Price Lists

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gizmogeek

Reaction score
Hi all,

Looking for some advice hope someone can help. I usually do my leaflets on vistaprint but finding it a bit pricey and am always wanting to change things so i now have a pile of wasted price lists in a cupboard caus eive added tanning and waxing to my treatments.

To do them myself is it best to use microsoft publisher and if so do i need to buy/download? i have looked at a package at p.c world and its about £60-£80 is this right or is there a cheaper way of me doing them myself? Microsoft word seems a bit too fiddly.

Any help much appreciated :hug:

I use Publisher and find it useful for all sorts of printing. However, I only used this because I already had it loaded on my laptop and it can be a bit pricy. Try doing a search online for dtp programs (desktop publishing) and you will find all sorts of cheap or free software for creating print and web documents. If you find something that has a good range of templates it will make life easier for you but make sure that they are fully customizable.

Cheers,
Hazel

thanks i'll try and have a look online or make a cup of tea and get my other half to , im a bit useless at technical stuff like that! lol

i saw some with free downloads but weren't sure how safe it was.

Anyone else use publisher for leaflets??

I use publisher for mine. I am always changing things on my price lists so doing them myself seemed a far better option.

I use publisher for a few of my bits, and i think its fab!
As has already been mentioned its great to do your own if you want to keep tweaking (i'm a nightmare for change!)
If you get good quality card and/or paper you can achieve a really professional finish.

Yes desk top publisher it's really good. You can do your price lists, make promo flyer's, postcards lots of things. Really have a play around with the colours and fonts, you can put in your own images as well.

Have a go it's good fun and you will feel like you are learning a new skill as well, good luck.

hi, you can download a free trial of publisher for a month or 2 I have just done it. It great and you can have a play with it see what you think before buying it. you can do it from the microsoft website.

Kirsty
x

Try Pageplus SE - the free version does everything you need to do your own price lists and much more. If you like it you can upgrade quite cheaply to the most up to date version. This is the program that colleges used for their Desktop Publishing courses before Microsoft took over the world and many of the tutors actually preferred it so it's certainly worth checking it out before shelling out cash for Publisher.

Cheers,
Hazel

Could anyone send me a blank template for what you use to do price lists - 3 pages, folded?

I have been doing mine on word, and as soon as I want to change something.... All the tabs go MAD! and I end up re doing the whole lot, JUST to change 1 sentance - How annoying?

Or if anyone has any help?

Thanks

Carly x

You'd be missing a trick not to try OpenOffice, http://www.openoffice.org/ before shelling out on paid for software - OpenOffice has a lovely drawing package where you can even export to PDF, should you want to put your price list up on your web site for people to download and print out...

You'd be missing a trick not to try OpenOffice, OpenOffice.org Download before shelling out on paid for software - OpenOffice has a lovely drawing package where you can even export to PDF, should you want to put your price list up on your web site for people to download and print out...

Although - for some reason - their website seems to be under ludicrously heavy server load as they have just brought a new version out!

Hi I also use publisher for my price lists and find it great to work with...xx

You'd be missing a trick not to try OpenOffice, OpenOffice.org Download before shelling out on paid for software - OpenOffice has a lovely drawing package where you can even export to PDF, should you want to put your price list up on your web site for people to download and print out...

I love openoffice for general word processing and drawing but find it hard to put the two together as it doesn't have a desktop publishing program equivalent to Publisher. Also, it doesn't support import and export to the more recent releases of microsoft programs. Hopefully they will sort this out soon as I very nearly changed to a Mac this year rather than a pc.

Cheers,
Hazel

I love openoffice for general word processing and drawing but find it hard to put the two together as it doesn't have a desktop publishing program equivalent to Publisher. Also, it doesn't support import and export to the more recent releases of microsoft programs. Hopefully they will sort this out soon as I very nearly changed to a Mac this year rather than a pc.

Cheers,
Hazel

Hmm, maybe that new Open Office 3 will have fixed some of those issues? I may download it in a few days when the rush dies down lol...

so i picked up a little brochure from a local interior design shop today and theirs is on a postcard size card both sides coloured with all their details and promotions, etc is this the kind of thing I can do on publisher? sorry to be a pest my heads spinning with this! lol thank god for cadburys bringing out wispa bars again! lol only thing kept me sane today

ok so i downloaded microsoft publisher and just wanted to say am loving it already!! woohooo results finally! lol

Latest posts

Back