Mineral Make up... is it any good??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TIPTOP

Reaction score
Hi

Please can any one offer me any advice??

I currently wear N07 Foundation mousse in Buff and although I think this product is pretty damn good I think that at times I look like I have fallen in the whole pot and look abit like kat Slater lol, I would love to look natural and have a gorgeous glow and shine, I have been researching mineral make up as I like the sound of it but I am totally clueless as to which make and how to apply it.. can anyone help??

I am very pale without make up and have panda eyes so I need to ensure full coverage but without needing a trowel lol

thanks
Sue

Lily Lolo is supposed to be fantastic , I must try it out myself as lots of geeks on here love it too :hug:

when i was at olympia i was stopped by a women who put some mineral powder on me and i didn't take much notice but when my husband and sons picked me up they said how nice my make up looked, too late we where already on the tube so couldn't buy any and now i don't know what its called. So anyone out there know the name..xx

I use bare escentuals and I think they're excellent! xx

I have used Lily Lolo for about a year now and I really like it. It is so easy to apply - I just pat a kabuki brush in the powder and sweep it on in a circular motion. It just seems to sort itself out - never leaves a tidemark :eek:

You can purchase little testers from lily lolo and i think they are less than a pound each? That way you can try a couple of shades out and find the best one for you. I use In The Buff, and then switch to Cookie when I am more tanned.

I love lilly lolo too...it does cover really well and for those dark circles....get the Blondie Cover Up ... its brilliant.

I love lilly lolo too...it does cover really well and for those dark circles....get the Blondie Cover Up ... its brilliant.

I havent tried the blondie cover up -I have got quite noticable dark circles from nearly 2 years of getting up in the night with my mischevous toddler who still wont sleep through :irked: :lol:

I need some more foundy soon so will pop that onto my order too! Thanks.

cherish.... i have a tanned face now and was thinking that the foundation i was using was too pale for me now, i use in the buff too...so i am going to try cookie like you said and see if that better...its not too dark is it...:lol:

Hi

Well I have bitten the bullet so to speak and have ordered a Lily Lolo Kit, this product sounds fantastic.

I just hope my order arrives soon, as I can see the headlines Escaped panda on on the loose lol

its taken me ages deciding on which products to buy.. I'm like a kid in a sweet shop want it all but ive managed it without spending a fortune.

thanks
Sue :)

No - its the same kind of shade but just a little deeper, not orangey at all, just lovely! I want to get some eye-shadows too now - I havent tried them yet but there are some gorgeous colours - I'm lethal for on-line make-up shopping! :lol: :hug:

Lili Lolo all the way for me too. I love their green cover up, takes away all the red from my face.
Marion xx

how is mineral make up on quite oily skin?!
doe sit stay on all day?
I use double wear, and even though its fab, it still doesnt stay on.
I use models prefer yellow neutralising powder on top,
sometimes even a mabeline mineral foundation ive got.
but it neeever lasts!! :(

Hey

I have oilyish skin and it lasts all day, the only real problems I have is if i get a wee bit hot and start to glow (lo) but that happens with any makeup on my skin!

Becki xxx

For those of you that use mineral makeup. As you may know I am a stocking of Lily Lolo products so have got to know their range fairly well. There are lots of different ways mineral powders can be applied to suit your skin type:

OILY SKIN: I suggest you do wear a primer under your makeup that is designed to matify your skin. Also apply a layer of the Lili Lolo Flawless Matte Finishing powder BEFORE your foundation and also AFTER. This will have an effect of absorbing any excess oils that your skin does produce to avoid that shiny look. Because the mineral makeup is powder based you are less likely to appear oily anyway as long as you apply a little at a time and apply it in layers.

DRY SKIN: You can mix your foundation or concealer mineral powder with your favorite moisturiser or eye cream which will make your powder into a liquid (experiment with the ratio to suit your skin) and it will feel less powdery on your skin. My tip here is to apply a little of your cream on the back of your hand dip your concealer brush or foundation brush into the cream, apply a small amount of your powder into the pot lid and the dip the dampened brush into your mineral powder in the lid and mix it into a creamy concealer/foundation consistency and then treat it as you would a liquid type product.

NEED MORE COVER: I would suggest using a facial spritzer type product here. One way is to dampen your concealer brush or kabuki brush with a spray of the spritz product and then dip into the powder your have put into your pot lid. Apply your foundation onto your skin the same way you would when the powder is dry. You could also apply the powder onto your brush first as you would with the dry powder method (dip, tap and buff) but spray some of the spritzer spray onto the powdered brush before applying it to your skin and then buff onto your skin as normal. Again dont use too much powder all at the same time and apply in layers if you need more coverage.

ALL SKIN TYPES: I would suggest using a finishing powder when you have applied your mineral makeup as this has the effect of blending all your makeup together and giving a more flawless look.

Also use a spray from the facial spritzer product at the end to set your makeup and this will help your makeup to last longer through the day.

Hope these tips help. When I am feeling brave I might do a video to show you all these tips - let me know if you think this will help better. :eek::):eek:

There are loads of salon geeks out there that use some of these tips to apply there minerals and I am sure that there are loads that have other ways of applying it too so let us know of any other tips you have.

I'd be very interested to know how it fares on older, lined skin!
Thanks
:)

I'd be very interested to know how it fares on older, lined skin!
Thanks
:)

Hiya Calla.

I always used a liquid foundation until a few years ago but got a little concerned that it started to show my lines and wrinkles more as I was getting older. I then though I would try mineral based makeup and found it worked so much better.

Make sure you apply a good foundation at least 10 minutes before hand and if your skin is dry follow the tips in the previous thread. Dont apply too much all at the same time and build the layers up if you need to.

When makeup products are you using at the minute?

oh no, it's not for me! I'm fortunate enough to not have lined skin (yet!) It was for my older clients who tell me that they've struggled with mineral makeup on older, crepey skin. In fact one supplier of a mineral makeup told me that it does indeed sit in the lines - she couldn't deny that. I admired her candour!
I use ID Bare Escentuals, but actually don't need to wear foundation all that much.

Perhaps it sits in the lines if applied in a way that isnt best for that skin type or problem. I did some makeup lessons with some clients on Saturday that were in there late 50s and once they knew the best ways to apply it for their skin they were totally blown away and amazed at how much better it made their skin look. Applying it wet (with cream of facial spritz) made all the difference.

How has every body else found it on maturer skin and which way have you found best to apply it?

how is mineral make up on quite oily skin?!
doe sit stay on all day?
I use double wear, and even though its fab, it still doesnt stay on.
I use models prefer yellow neutralising powder on top,
sometimes even a mabeline mineral foundation ive got.
but it neeever lasts!! :(
I have very oily skin, and am very prone to breakouts, I only ever wear mineral makeup. It's the only thing I can wear without breaking out. I do use a small amount of setting powder under my foundation, then it lasts all day.

Latest posts

Back